HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
Update on 170 Victoria.

Monday, October 28, 2019 at noon. Another tower crane going up in Moncton. This one at the Victoria Street apartment complex. Lots of steel being hauled in. They poured the concrete floor for the underground garage on Friday and it settled on the weekend. Now it's onward and upward. Latest date I got from the general contractors was a June, 2020 move-in date.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macas539 View Post
I work in one of the offices near the Assurion building and can say the site is a beehive of activity this week. They have cleared all the brush and tall grass. Today surveyors were busy driving stakes and surveying the lot. I think something is afoot here.
I've also noticed some similar activity today on the SW corner of Millennium and Vaughan Harvey, between CGI and Oulton College.

I don't know how often they cut down the brush and tall grass on those types of property. I guess it could have been regular maintenance?

Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 6:18 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatTub View Post
I've also noticed some similar activity today on the SW corner of Millennium and Vaughan Harvey, between CGI and Oulton College.

I don't know how often they cut down the brush and tall grass on those types of property. I guess it could have been regular maintenance?
I think a good part of this was "maintenance." It's harder for the druggies and the vagrants to hide when the grass is mowed........

Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 8:27 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer99 View Post
Monday, October 28, 2019 at noon. Another tower crane going up in Moncton. This one at the Victoria Street apartment complex. Lots of steel being hauled in. They poured the concrete floor for the underground garage on Friday and it settled on the weekend. Now it's onward and upward. Latest date I got from the general contractors was a June, 2020 move-in date.
A mini tower crane actually, but a crane nonetheless.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 12:35 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

The backside of the Hilton Garden Inn - from Councillor Greg Turners Facebook page.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 2:02 PM

An inside picture of the new 'Tire Shack Brewing Co.' is posted on Greg Turner's Facebook page. Impressive.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 11:19 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Special meeting of Moncton PAC on November 6th for the following item:

Quote:
Avondale Construction on behalf of/au nom de Hillcore Atlantic Retirement Living Ltd. 240 rue John Street, Moncton (PID/NID 70399548) a Conditional Use application to allow an assisted living facility in the MU Zone and variances to increase the spacing for the jogs and recesses on the façade of the building and to vary the requirement for balconies
This will be for construction of "phase three" of the Moncton Residence assisted living facility on John Street, occupying a portion of the former Moncton Garrison property.

Site plan:

Link for renderings (looks the same as the existing phases 1 & 2):
http://www5.moncton.ca/docs/pac/PAC/...a_240_John.pdf

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 11:33 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Here's the livery for the new Clos restaurant, in the former Pastalli location on Main Street:

photo from the Hub City Foodies Facebook Group

Last edited by MonctonRad; Oct 30, 2019 at 11:44 PM.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2019, 1:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Link for renderings (looks the same as the existing phases 1 & 2):
http://www5.moncton.ca/docs/pac/PAC/...a_240_John.pdf
Interesting... the north section will be three stories, while the existing development is only two stories.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 1:15 PM

Hearing more and more rumours of a new brew pub going into 1353 Main St. Don't know much more than that.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
Hearing more and more rumours of a new brew pub going into 1353 Main St. Don't know much more than that.
That would be a great location. Can serve as a "neighbourhood pub" for folks in the old west end but also being just on the edge of the downtown core will have access to anyone looking to go to an event at Avenir as well as the residents & visitors to the tannery development.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
That would be a great location. Can serve as a "neighbourhood pub" for folks in the old west end but also being just on the edge of the downtown core will have access to anyone looking to go to an event at Avenir as well as the residents & visitors to the tannery development.
Where is 1353 Main St? To the West of Vaughn Harvey Down by Enterprise St?

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
Where is 1353 Main St? To the West of Vaughn Harvey Down by Enterprise St?
Yes, the building was occupied by auto parts plus before.

Very curious to see who would be looking to get into the brewery/brewpub space. There's a few smaller brewers out there that might be looking to expand like O'Creek Brewing, Niche or perhaps a bigger brewer Picaroons wants to get a location in Moncton although I think Picaroons would be more likely to be in the brick building by Staples.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 5:35 PM

Quote:
And if/when the lot just east of it (Maritime Brake & Clutch) ever gets developed, that would create more potential customers. That lot needs a significant project to compliment the proposed Tannery office building across from it.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 6:35 PM

I heard today it's an existing small batch brewery that is looking at it.

Quote:
Yes, the building was occupied by auto parts plus before.

Very curious to see who would be looking to get into the brewery/brewpub space. There's a few smaller brewers out there that might be looking to expand like O'Creek Brewing, Niche or perhaps a bigger brewer Picaroons wants to get a location in Moncton although I think Picaroons would be more likely to be in the brick building by Staples.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
I heard today it's an existing small batch brewery that is looking at it.
According to SNB records, the registered owner upon sale of the property on October 16, 2019 is Tide & Boar Brewing Inc.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 9:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballFan View Post
According to SNB records, the registered owner upon sale of the property on October 16, 2019 is Tide & Boar Brewing Inc.
Interesting news about Tide & Boar.

I doubt they intend to decamp from their current location. I wonder if they're thinking of moving production here, and operating a small tap room on the side.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Interesting news about Tide & Boar.

I doubt they intend to decamp from their current location. I wonder if they're thinking of moving production here, and operating a small tap room on the side.
It would make a lot of sense. Currently despite the the popularity of their various beers they only offer beer to go (growlers) once or twice a year. They also have the odd bottle release that sells out within 2 hours. For the most part the only way to really try their beer is at the restaurant unless you seek out one of these events.

Increased capacity could mean beers to go at all times, potentially even doing some canning to sell in NBLC & the new location. As a craft beer fanatic this is exciting!

Old Posted Nov 7, 2019, 12:40 AM

As soon as I read "existing small batch brewery" I thought "Tide % Boar."
It would be totally logical to move production there. They are currently brewing in a very small space in the basement. Some of their brews don't even last one day before being sold out. It's a wasted opportunity not to expand production, and it would seem a lot easier to go off site for brewing, at least partly if not wholly.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2019, 3:51 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Kanpai Izakaya is apparently planning on leaving Robinson Court for the former Manuka location on Botsford Street, between the Centre Culturel Aberdeen and the Theatre l'Escaouette.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces