HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 27, 2023, 7:34 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
Any update on Ritz Nashville?

Still stalled... inexperienced developer... same story for Ritz Austin

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jul 27, 2023, 1:03 PM

I think the Ritz may be more than stalled. It could be between dead and stalled.

The Circle South project is dead as well as office projects here and around the country have come to a halt as well. So that leaves Tony Giarratana's project on the roundabout and I will tell you he was not going to start his project until the Ritz started and that was from Tony, so that one is stalled as well, but not for the same reasons as the others. I think he could start that one at any time and be successful but there is an issue of being the lone ranger in that area.

Speaking of TG, whoever stated there was a change in contractor for 1010, I have seen no evidence of that as there would have been permits noting a change or contractor and there have been none. Crane pad and base is now in place! Moving forward....

That is the problem with having the blasted Rescue Mission in that area. As far as I know Post Road Group is still moving forward with Vela and T2 Capital Management is moving forward with Trio at 621 Middleton. The Hyve Condos seem to be selling at around a million dollars a pop right next to the mission, but I sure would not want to be their neighbor as Mr. Rogers would say. Maybe Eddie Murphy in his Saturday Night skit would say it. There are strange goings on in the streets during the day that I have seen so I sure would not want to see what goes on at night.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2023, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvilleron View Post
I think the Ritz may be more than stalled. It could be between dead and stalled.

The Circle South project is dead as well as office projects here and around the country have come to a halt as well. So that leaves Tony Giarratana's project on the roundabout and I will tell you he was not going to start his project until the Ritz started and that was from Tony, so that one is stalled as well, but not for the same reasons as the others. I think he could start that one at any time and be successful but there is an issue of being the lone ranger in that area.

Speaking of TG, whoever stated there was a change in contractor for 1010, I have seen no evidence of that as there would have been permits noting a change or contractor and there have been none. Crane pad and base is now in place! Moving forward....

That is the problem with having the blasted Rescue Mission in that area. As far as I know Post Road Group is still moving forward with Vela and T2 Capital Management is moving forward with Trio at 621 Middleton. The Hyve Condos seem to be selling at around a million dollars a pop right next to the mission, but I sure would not want to be their neighbor as Mr. Rogers would say. Maybe Eddie Murphy in his Saturday Night skit would say it. There are strange goings on in the streets during the day that I have seen so I sure would not want to see what goes on at night.
Thanks for the updates. And the stalled and troubled projects are no surprise. It’s almost impossible to imagine any mid-tier city throwing up dozens and dozens of high rises in short order.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2023, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Thanks for the updates. And the stalled and troubled projects are no surprise. It’s almost impossible to imagine any mid-tier city throwing up dozens and dozens of high rises in short order.

There are still over 100 buildings proposed between 10 and 49 stories on the master list I keep track of. The total is around 150 I think but there are around 25 on there under construction and let's say 20 of those do not get built.

That gets us down to around 100, but it will take a decade or so for a build out of all of it maybe a tad longer.

I also know of a few that are not on the list that I sort of know that are coming I cannot say anything about. I do know there are plans being made by other developers, but right now things are painfully slow as far as announcements, starts, and business news in general.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2023, 12:55 PM

A new announcement and a few updates. All images courtesy of Metro gov.

The new announcement is a 3-tower project on Rutledge Hill from GBX & Essex with Snohetta architects out of Oslo Norway. The likelihood of this getting done here is a longshot IMO.

Tower 1 / 17 Stories
Residential, Office, food market, parking.

Tower 2 / 37 stories.

Branded residences/ hotel/ parking/ hotel amenities

Tower 3 21 stories.

Hotel, branded residences, cultural.

The Element Hotel in the Gulch has gone from 17 stories to 28 stories and 355'. They have reduced the number of hotel rooms by about 10 and added 72 condo's.

1401 Church first phase will be 522' tall and a new image has been released. At present this would be the tallest if standing now on the west side of I-40.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2023, 2:26 AM

Nashville is on fire! It's basically unshaped by the current economy. Any news on the ritz or Circle South? Last update I see on UrbanPlanet shows some site work for CS, and the website lists the tower as U/C.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2023, 12:28 PM

As far as I have heard the Circle South project is dead according to the brokers. Lincoln still owns the property, but they are no longer marketing it. Lincoln still has the project listed as under construction, but no dirt has turned other than utility work at the site that was done by Metro in preparation for work to start.

The Ritz is in trouble and has been for a long time. They have missed every construction start target date with the latest passing in July. There are things behind the scenes I have been told that make it look like this is dead as a doornail. Besides they cut the apartment tower and they have done zero presales for the condos.

The Congress Group project & the Centrum project in SoBro should be seeing some closure soon as the City Lights lawsuit should be ending soon. The City Lights folks opted for a jury trial after losing all of their appeals and opening arguments are to be heard in September. A jury trail is a risk as a jury is charged with hearing the evidence in a case and when you have lost all of your battles to this point, the jury will not be very favorable to you as they have to listen to the evidence and not the emotions of the plaintiffs. They will owe a ton of money to Centrum, The Congress Group, & Metro who they sued.

Projects that will probably start very soon will be 901 MLK, Albion Music Row, Phase I of 1401 Church to name a few. The Titan's stadium is full steam ahead as it has passed all of the hurdles so far and should start next year.

I am also hearing that GBT will be focusing on the Beaman site so we should be seeing renderings for that as well.

The Heavens Door distillery site is now for sale and is no longer happening.

I could go on but that is the news off the top of my head this morning.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2023, 12:22 PM

A few updated images:

The first is one of the Rutledge Hill project courtesy of City Now Next and Robert Looper who does great work getting news and new images of projects.

The next two are of 531 Lafayette from EQT Exeter and Sitio architecture of a 15-story, 385-unit project in SOBRO. This was announced last year. Images courtesy of Metro Gov.

A new rendering of 311 Third Ave S Courtesy of ESA and MDHA. Approved by MDHA yesterday.

Phase one of 1401 Church that is due to start this fall. Courtesy Hastings

A video from the RMR Group, Station East for their project on the East Bank.

https://www.stationeastnashville.com/

Old Posted Nov 15, 2023, 6:11 AM
Nashville born and raised

Nashville East Bank development.
The east side of the mighty Cumberland River has been covered with old warehouses and a barge builder company, but that is about to change.

It will soon have a new, domed NFL stadium which will host super bowls, and likely college basketball and football national championships. It will host concerts and wrestling, rodeo and monster car events and on and on.

The half billion-dollar performance hall will be one of the finest in the nation, of course, and is being designed by one of the top architectural firms in Europe, of course (it's Nashville!!).

The entire East Bank will be covered with new high-rise development, boulevards, and interaction with the river. Stadium construction will start early 2024.

The Oracle company will build a beautiful pedestrian bridge to allow workers to walk or bike across the busy river to Germantown which is full of nice apartment and condo blocks. The State of Tennessee will build a pedestrian tunnel to go under I-24 and connect the campus to the wonderful bungalows in East Nashville referred to as Nashville's Greenwich Village by the New York Times.

Pedestrian Bridge

The stadium

The Fallow Corp has been given the first contract to develop the surrounding area and they have proposed a Music City Mile lined with dining, entertainment, the new performance hall and the wonderful Shelby Street pedestrian bridge entrance to the downtown tourist district.

This will increase the tourist district tremendously. The tax revenue generated from these features will help defer the costs of the stadium and infrastructure.

And there is also the massive, private development called Station East.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2023, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
Nashville East Bank development.
The east side of the mighty Cumberland River has been covered with old warehouses and a barge builder company, but that is about to change.

It will soon have a new, domed NFL stadium which will host super bowls, and likely college basketball and football national championships. It will host concerts and wrestling, rodeo and monster car events and on and on.

The half billion-dollar performance hall will be one of the finest in the nation, of course, and is being designed by one of the top architectural firms in Europe, of course (it's Nashville!!).

The entire East Bank will be covered with new high-rise development, boulevards, and interaction with the river. Stadium construction will start early 2024.

The Oracle company will build a beautiful pedestrian bridge to allow workers to walk or bike across the busy river to Germantown which is full of nice apartment and condo blocks. The State of Tennessee will build a pedestrian tunnel to go under I-24 and connect the campus to the wonderful bungalows in East Nashville referred to as Nashville's Greenwich Village by the New York Times.

Pedestrian Bridge

The stadium

The Fallow Corp has been given the first contract to develop the surrounding area and they have proposed a Music City Mile lined with dining, entertainment, the new performance hall and the wonderful Shelby Street pedestrian bridge entrance to the downtown tourist district.

This will increase the tourist district tremendously. The tax revenue generated from these features will help defer the costs of the stadium and infrastructure.

And there is also the massive, private development called Station East.

Homie don't think so.

With the current multi-year/decades economic catastrophe most of these will not get built.

You can thank me later for providing insight. How about a sack of Billy's?

Old Posted Nov 17, 2023, 1:26 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Any construction updates on the umpteen towers currently under construction? I feel like Nashville is booming, but is under-represented on the forum.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Nov 17, 2023, 4:04 PM
millard fillmore

Along with Charlotte, Nashville updates are mostly at urban planet.

https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/forum/250-nashville/

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Any construction updates on the umpteen towers currently under construction? I feel like Nashville is booming, but is under-represented on the forum.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2023, 6:04 PM

I’m reading that there is serious movement on a statewide passenger rail network ?

Old Posted Nov 17, 2023, 6:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samoen313 View Post
Along with Charlotte, Nashville updates are mostly at urban planet.

https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/forum/250-nashville/
Those two may be the only cities active on UP.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2023, 1:02 AM
Future God

Quote:
I’m reading that there is serious movement on a statewide passenger rail network ?
Really!? Oh wow, that's exciting! May I ask where you came across this information? I'd like to know more but I haven't seen anything myself!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 18, 2023, 1:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Really!? Oh wow, that's exciting! May I ask where you came across this information? I'd like to know more but I haven't seen anything myself!
https://www.wbir.com/article/news/st...c-9f158116ab5d

Old Posted Nov 27, 2023, 1:13 PM

Right now, I would consider things dead other than what is under construction.

There may be a few things start like some smaller projects and there could be a few high-rise projects start but for the most part real estate transactions in Nashville are at a standstill along with most every other city.

We can now count about 20 projects as dead now including 17 or high-rise projects including all of the Cummins Station projects and all five of the Roars projects as all of the land is now for sale. That is a total of 9 towers. The number of delayed towers run from 20 to 40 right now as interest rates have stopped any type of major construction plans. The bright spots are Oracle which is moving forward and the new stadium on the east bank. I think we will see the start of maybe 5 high-rise projects over the next 6 months or so but unsure. There are lots of projects in questions right now.

As for the UP forum there are a few more cities that are doing well, but the structure of the thread is much better than the other forums IMO and it is easier to find threads and continue conversations. I kept the Nashville forum going through the last recession of 08 along with a couple of other folks. But I do like posting here as well.

As far as rail, I will believe it when I see it. The state legislature will never approve money for anything that benefits the citizens of the state that do not drive pickup trucks. They are talking AMTRAK as well, but the road fund is short, and we are a pay as you go state. Too much opposition to rail to ever make it happen. Any money from the feds is toxic money. The state is even trying to be the first to turn down 2 billion in federal education funding. They think because they have a small surplus, they can do what they want. So, they are not going to spend anything on a train. Especially when the rainy-day fund runs out and it will.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2023, 10:52 PM

So everything’s dead and no rail ?

Thanks for the pick-me-up.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2023, 1:19 AM

Quote:
I've heard this project discussed back-forth on Nashville radio stations for the past year. The consensus? It's a fruitless discussion. DOA.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2023, 2:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaTN View Post
I've heard this project discussed back-forth on Nashville radio stations for the past year. The consensus? It's a fruitless discussion. DOA.
Statewide though when the feds are willing to kick in ?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations