View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 7, 2023, 4:39 PM

Tunnel rough grind terrazzo - May 2023

Tunnel portal wavy artwork panel - May 2023

Photos By Reeder113

May 23, 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paniolo Man View Post
Again found myself spending the night in the airport because of a late flight. Explored the recently opened section of the South Concourse East.

Looking east from the Terminal Plaza.

I'll spare you pictures of the gate areas as they are exactly the same as what we've already got. Seats and equipment are installed and ready to go at the 4 south-facing gates scheduled to open in August.

Here's a shot of one of the rows of Concession space, nothing is open yet in the new area.

The information screens have an actual map underneath them.

For reference here's what they look like on the other half of the Concourse.

I really don't like the screen with a QR code to scan for a full map, adds unnecessary complication. Hope they bring the maps to the existing areas.

Here's some shots of the North Concourse and Node from the Terminal Plaza.

Node.

Concourse.

I still believe that Restrooms are the most underrated aspect of the new airport, they are huge and pretty much everywhere. Massive stalls with room for luggage, I can't think of another airport with this good of a bathroom game.

The long walk is pretty mild compared to other airports. I'm still sore about LAX's pushing of regular carriers to the new West Gates, the walk connecting the JetBlue codeshare to Hawaii from SLC is ~1.25 miles. Not only is our walk situation not that bad, it isn't permanent.
Photos By Paniolo Man

June 6, 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeder113 View Post
Though paved over and no longer visible, construction on the Central Tunnel continues. Last week, artist Gordon Huether visited the site to see the progress of The River Tunnel art installation coming to life in shades of blue. The Central Tunnel is expected to open in 2024.

Photo By Reeder113

June 6, 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjnslSLC View Post
A couple shots of the new B gates and central node as I taxied past it from the new A gates yesterday. I’ve been in and out a few times and have only used the 5 new gates every time, so they’re clearly a welcome addition to Delta.

Photos By KjnslSLC

June 12, 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjnslSLC View Post
From one of my favorite seats at the SLC SkyClub today, the new gates are getting their fair use.
The trend has continued that every flight I’ve had in and out since they opened have been through the new gates.
Photo By KjnslSLC

June 12, 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbillbillbill View Post

Concourse B escalators going in. Still, a long way to go til 2024 but progress.
Photo By Billbillbillbill

June 19, 2023

Quote:
Some additional pics of the escalator install into Concourse B.
https://slcairport.com/thenewslc/reb...gress-gallery/

June 20, 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paniolo Man View Post
As Posted By Paniolo Man

June 30, 2023

Quote:
Earlier this week, the Airport’s Greeting Room was named after the former senator, astronaut, Salt Lake City Mayor, and Navy pilot. The Senator Jake Garn Greeting Room was the site of a brief ceremony to honor Garn who was joined by the SLC Mayor and members of the SLC Council for a photo in front of the Garn Art Mural, created by artist Gordon Huether.

https://twitter.com/slcairport/statu...576530432?s=20[/B]

South Concourse East terrazzo polish

South Concourse East glass cleaning

Tunnel Portal

North Concourse East north metal panel install

North Concourse East Hi Roof SOMD placement

North Concourse East SkyClub escalator pick

South Concourse East terrazzo polishing

https://slcairport.com/thenewslc/reb...gress-gallery/

As Posted By Reeder113

Last edited by delts145; Aug 4, 2023 at 9:19 AM.