HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
^ You can tell that night shot was very late (or very early depending on your view) because of the lights being out at the ESB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumz0rz View Post
The most people are asleep between 3 and 4am. That's the best time to sneak about. One sleepy security guard downstairs... I'm not advocating this, but I'm not denying having done similar things in the past...
Yes, that kind of things must be made after midnight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by upward 2000 View Post
I wonder if he could use the construction elevator. Or he needed to climb the entire height.
I wonder the same, going all the way up by the stairs is one hell of a climb... In the other hand, by using the elevator he had more risk of being caught because of the noise of the elevator alerting the guards. Could be that one of the elevators was left on an intermediate floor, let's say 30th, so the boy go by the stairs to the 30th floor and then took the elevator to the top, the noise of the elevator on the 30th floor may not be heard on the ground, where security guards presumibly are.

Anyway, he published more amazing pictures on his instagram. http://instagram.com/demidism/?utm_s...campaign=photo

BTW, He even make to the TV news and newspapers!... I wonder what will happen to this boy now that everybody knows who he is and make some fuss on the media...

This one is funny, looks like taken from "The name of the rose" (NYC-21st century version) or the DaVinci code, or something...

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCs77 View Post
Is that graffiti in the building? That looks terrible.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 4:06 PM

Quote:

I wonder the same, going all the way up by the stairs is one hell of a climb...
You would think... however to someone in really good shape it might not be as onerous as thought.

For example, each year the CN Tower in Toronto hosts a "stair climb" competion. The record for climbing the 1776 steps... to the main pod at 1122ft... is 7 minutes 52 seconds!

http://www.helenmariefitness.com/blo...wer-climb-tips

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onn View Post
Is that graffiti in the building? That looks terrible.
I don't think it is inside of 432, must be in abandoned warehouse somewhere in the city.... I just posted it because I think the scene is kind of funny, like the secret society of skyscraper sneakers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayStar View Post
You would think... however to someone in really good shape it might not be as onerous as thought.

For example, each year the CN Tower in Toronto hosts a "stair climb" competion. The record for climbing the 1776 steps... to a height of 1122ft... is 7 minutes 52 seconds!

http://www.helenmariefitness.com/blo...wer-climb-tips
Yeah, I know, it is completely doable, but although not specially extraordinary, it isn't a peace of cake either...

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 4:09 PM

Quote:
I don't think it is inside of 432, must be in abandoned warehouse somewhere in the city.... I just posted it because I think the scene is kind of funny, like the secret society of skyscraper sneakers...
Oh, got it! I thought those were photos were from inside 432 Park. I'm thinking "The security must be like really lax there..."

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onn View Post
Oh, got it! I thought those were photos were from inside 432 Park. I'm thinking "The security must be like really lax there..."
The kid effectively sneaked inside 432 Park and took some pictures from the top of it, he even made his way to the top of the crane itself, (you can see some pictures of that at this imgur account http://imgur.com/a/XEIpS/layout/blog, also published a couple of pages back. and some others in the instagram i linked in the other post.

The only picture I was refering as not taken inside of 432 is the one you quoted, the one of the kids with hoods and graffity in the walls, the other pictures are taken by this kid when he indeed tresspased 432 park a few nights ago...

edit. BTW, by reading at the comentaries of his pictures on instagram, apparently the kid got arrested

Last edited by CCs77; Sep 30, 2014 at 4:33 PM.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 4:43 PM

here is an article about the kid climbing the building and his subsequent arrest.. im sure he'll be back out there exploring buildings and bridges in no time

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...facebook_nymag

basically this kid drew way too much attention to himself - didnt set his account to private so everyone in the world could see that he climbed 432 park.. police went and got him since they had the evidence. I for one have started following him on instagram because he take some amazing pictures of New York

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 8:36 PM
New Yorker for life

Not to feed to much more into this kind of thing, but you have to think this new wave of skyscrapers rising is like a challenge of some kind to these kids. They're out climbing all sorts of things (that WTC kid was recently arrested again), and these towers are like the top of the grail. And it seems the more publicity and arrests made at these towers, others follow. You would think security was tightened around all of these construction sites after the parachute jumpers, but nope. Business as usual.

Anyway, just a little more seen from this kid, and he's seeing the New York we all want to see, just not risk getting arrested to do it...

http://www.businessinsider.com/17-ye...-avenue-2014-9

http://blog.massengale.com/

Honestly, isn’t this building giving New Yorkers the finger?

by JOHN MASSENGALE
SEPTEMBER 28, 2014

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Sep 30, 2014 at 9:05 PM.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 11:29 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

^^^

Quote:
will forever disfigure the skyline and steal sunlight as far away as Central Park.
Sunlight...

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 12:41 AM

Did he climb to the top of that boom when he took the shot of the ESB and WTC? Or from this point?

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 1:28 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 2:51 PM

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 7:06 PM
Certified Idahoan

Who are these people? I've never had the pleasure of visiting NY, would love to sometime. But I really don't understand complaints about skyscrapers in Manhattan...Do they think they live in a suburban cow town with "tree line" height restrictions? Do they not realize they live on an island where the only room to build is up? This dialogue continues to baffle me. Complaining about tall buildings in Manhattan is like complaining about the clean air here in Idaho...Seriously???

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 8:29 PM

He just has an axe to grind. Hates rich people. Have no idea how this detracts. Have no idea how this doesn't work at a street level. Small footprint with retail. Unless you look up, it pretty much looks like any other building on Park Ave. ... and all the expensive retail in those buildings. Yes, I loved the building it replaces but that is a different discussion and time marches on. If the same building was built as a corporate headquarters instead of residential for the wealthy, he probably wouldn't say anything. I want to meet the middle class families being driven from their Park Avenue apartments.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 10:23 PM

instant classic New York landmark. this tower is obscenely tall,skinny/marvelous.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 10:24 PM

"will forever disfigure the skyline and steal sunlight as far away as Central Park."

are you sure?,, forever? sounds made up.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 12:48 AM

Core jump today - which means core going into top two floors. Will it go up one more to the building top? And perimeter jump half completed today. When complete, this will leave only 4 more perimeter jumps. Top out in October?? Three weeks?

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 6:53 AM

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 1:10 PM

driving through Atlanta yesterday, i looked up at the bank of america tower, imagining if 432 Park was sitting there next to it.. it would tower over the tallest building in Atlanta by over 100 meters. mind blowing.

this thing must look absolutely massive in person. and i agree it could very well top out by the end of the month if they wanted it to

Last edited by forj; Oct 2, 2014 at 1:24 PM.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 1:20 PM
New Yorker for life

Who's the boss?...

Gary Hershorn

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive