HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Apr 18, 2022, 8:49 PM

The loud music venue

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
I was unaware that they had received complaints from elsewhere. I would have strongly leaned in their favor in the past, but the case makes light of a lot of important things and they just seem like bad neighbors overall.

Accordingly, there are parts about that ruling that make sense, but there are other parts that are simply insane. He could have simply told them to follow city code as it was written at the time they received their use permit (which makes lots of sense), but the judge exceeded his authority in personally dictating their business hours. I hope it gets appealed on that alone.
I am just surprised that some big bopper from Mirabella just hasn't purchased the lot that place sits on and leveled it and called it a cold beer day!

Old Posted Apr 19, 2022, 7:54 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
Noticed on the development tracker that there is a project in the entitlements called "Lincoln south bank - Mixed Use" Where the pier is going to be built. It also shows the Southpier proposal we discussed a few pages back. Could this be another high rise development in the works??
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiesthelimit View Post
This is from 2015: https://www.tempe.gov/home/showpubli...01446206430000

Perhaps it is being revived?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
A little lackluster compared to its neighbors.
Quote:
I don't think so. It's listed as a different address: 1122 E Vista del Lago Dr

I guess we will find out soon enough!
Here is the zoning sign. Another 21 story tower

Old Posted Apr 20, 2022, 6:09 PM

Phase 2 of Banyan North Tempe has been approved/entitled. Working it's way through the system. My guess is it wont start construction until next year once Phase 1 opens to avoid the competition in lease-up. The developer stated first units would come Winter 2022.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2022, 5:18 AM

Banyan

Old Posted Apr 26, 2022, 4:14 AM

Old Posted Apr 26, 2022, 4:15 AM

Old Posted Apr 26, 2022, 4:17 AM

Omni

Old Posted Apr 26, 2022, 4:19 AM

Novus condo

Old Posted Apr 26, 2022, 4:28 AM

*apartment

Old Posted Apr 26, 2022, 5:01 PM

Haven't seen this video before of Omni Hotel. These renderings look amazing. That rooftop lounge and pool will be incredible, i'll definitely be checking this out once complete!

https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/te...el-fly-through

Old Posted May 2, 2022, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
There was an agenda item on the Joint Review Committee meeting that was scheduled for yesterday but was cancelled.

Topic was for "Novus Parcel 3G – Proposed New Multi-Family Development". For you ASU Football fans, I think this was the lone remaining grassy area where you could tailgate LOL it's Lot 4 (Grass)...right next to Verde Dickey Dome.

Hopefully it gets rescheduled soon and get to see some renderings. Nice to see Novus Corridor starting to build out on the other side of Rural Rd.
Development Plan Review for Novus Parcel 3G. 7-story apartment project with 333 units.

Link to PDF: https://www.tempe.gov/home/showpubli...66694735670000

Old Posted May 3, 2022, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Haven't seen this video before of Omni Hotel. These renderings look amazing. That rooftop lounge and pool will be incredible, i'll definitely be checking this out once complete!

https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/te...el-fly-through
Nothing says "this project pencils out with or without the incentive" quite like proceeding with construction during litigation brought by the State Attorney General.

Old Posted May 4, 2022, 2:55 PM

Anyone else find it interesting that the Novus plans show high/mid-rises but every project that pencils in seems to be 5-7 stories? Seems pie in the sky, which is disappointing, because this is the last land left in downtown Tempe, and in this environment you'd think they could make a few work.

Old Posted May 4, 2022, 3:13 PM
Skyriser

I think the high-rises are there for later phases. More expensive buildings might not pencil out when all you have really nearby is ASU and no retail/neighborhood amenities yet.

Old Posted May 4, 2022, 4:31 PM

Quote:
I think the high-rises are there for later phases. More expensive buildings might not pencil out when all you have really nearby is ASU and no retail/neighborhood amenities yet.
Have they leased or opened any retail in Novus lately? The new apartment complex I believe has 10k SF along 6th street and the 777 office I believe has some space dedicated to retail. That will really activate the street if they can get some good tenants in there.

Old Posted May 4, 2022, 4:39 PM

I dont recall anything being planned/zoned in novus over 8-10 floors except for along the river/lakeshore.

Old Posted May 4, 2022, 5:37 PM

Speaking of the Lakeshore, the City Council approved the South Pier development on April 28th. 24 story mixed use towers with 724 units. Hope to see this one move forward to permit soon.

Old Posted May 4, 2022, 8:16 PM

Winners of the latest RFP to redevelop the Mill/Silos are presenting to the Development Review Commission in their Study Session tonight:

https://www.tempe.gov/home/showdocum...71925887279650

Agenda item does not have a lot of details. Hopefully someone here is able to watch or there is some reporting on the presentation.

Old Posted May 4, 2022, 10:20 PM
Skyriser

Quote:
Have they leased or opened any retail in Novus lately? The new apartment complex I believe has 10k SF along 6th street and the 777 office I believe has some space dedicated to retail. That will really activate the street if they can get some good tenants in there.
I would be surprised if any of that retail opened up any time soon--no neighborhood yet. No Rural Rd visibility from the back corner of the 777 tower, haven't seemed to have heard of a second phase of 777. The phasing of the plan and render above seems to agree with saving the taller blocks for later. The blocks to the north and west of 777 do seem to be saved for higher-end 10ish story stuff. They seem to be touching all the sectors without going all in on spec--one trophy office on 777, one crummy office on 4F, one market-missing hotel, and three life-as-usual apartment buildings. The plan is judicious as it is ambitious.

Old Posted May 5, 2022, 2:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Winners of the latest RFP to redevelop the Mill/Silos are presenting to the Development Review Commission in their Study Session tonight:

https://www.tempe.gov/home/showdocum...71925887279650

Agenda item does not have a lot of details. Hopefully someone here is able to watch or there is some reporting on the presentation.
Hey ya'll, this was actually for the Neighborhood Association Commission tonight. A rep from one of the developers spoke to everyone seeking input on the vision they have for the site... let's just say it is very underwhelming in its current state. They have no intention to do anything with silos as they have deemed them too narrow (I blame this on a lack of creativity, why not shove in a microbrewery, restaurant, lounge, literally anything). Additionally, HUGE emphasis on keeping height to a minimum to keep current view vantage points and not disrupt the surrounding environment or the attention of the original structures as well. Nonetheless, they are literally begging for public comment and input, so I urge you all to please reach out to the developers, share your ideas and check the different commissions as the developer makes their rounds the next couple of weeks/months. They said they will be touching base frequently as they want to ensure it is something that resonates with the residents and the city. If you have time in the future, do attend and make your voices heard so we don't end up with a bowl of melted vanilla ice cream as the gateway to Tempe especially after so many failed RFPs.

ETA: DRC's meeting is next Tuesday where they will be presented to for the study session and discuss. Also 2050 Tempe General Plan is starting up so highly recommend attending that if anyone can!

Quote:
I would be surprised if any of that retail opened up any time soon--no neighborhood yet. No Rural Rd visibility from the back corner of the 777 tower, haven't seemed to have heard of a second phase of 777. The phasing of the plan and render above seems to agree with saving the taller blocks for later. The blocks to the north and west of 777 do seem to be saved for higher-end 10ish story stuff. They seem to be touching all the sectors without going all in on spec--one trophy office on 777, one crummy office on 4F, one market-missing hotel, and three life-as-usual apartment buildings. The plan is judicious as it is ambitious.
I think once the reno at Cornerstone is complete we'll see the retail corridor begin to get activated. There technically already is a neighborhood along University to Dorsey (McClintock or even Smith if you want to push it). Then everything on Lemon/Terrace/Apache all within a justifiable walking distance of 10-15 mins. No arguing there is a lack of immediate access but one apartment is complete, another going vertical, and another under review/approved iirc. Plus the arena is also opening in the winter so I would say maybe around July/August we start seeing some leases happening to activate the area in time for the first Coyote game or something.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest