HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Jun 21, 2020, 2:36 PM

Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 11:18 AM

Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 4:05 PM

Logo going up

Old Posted Oct 24, 2020, 3:54 PM

This one is definitely coming to the end:

https://phillyyimby.com/2020/10/chop...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Oct 24, 2020, 8:45 PM

There's still a huge amount of auxiliary and grouns work to be done. I believe they're framing out a bit more of the building with steel that will have a terrace on top iirc. Two skybridges are being installed now, but I believe there's supposed to be a whole skywalk to the train station as well. The bulk of the skyline visible work is coming to an end though

Last edited by PurpleWhiteOut; Oct 24, 2020 at 8:55 PM.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 1:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
There's still a huge amount of auxiliary and grouns work to be done. I believe they're framing out a bit more of the building with steel that will have a terrace on top iirc. Two skybridges are being installed now, but I believe there's supposed to be a whole skywalk to the train station as well. The bulk of the skyline visible work is coming to an end though
Yeah I spent a few days walking through this building in September and it has a LOOONNNGG way to go in terms of much of the interior construction work. Late 2021 it’ll be open. Building is pretty cool though, will be the most sophisticated hospital space in the world when it opens.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 2:39 AM

Exterior Work Wraps On Pavilion At 300 South 33rd Street In University City, West Philadelphia

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2020/10/exte...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 3:36 PM

[QUOTE=Londonee;9087490]Yeah I spent a few days walking through this building in September and it has a LOOONNNGG way to go in terms of much of the interior construction work. Late 2021 it’ll be open. Building is pretty cool though, will be the most sophisticated hospital space in the world when it opens.[/QUOTE

Do you know anything about the areas that were 'finished' to treat covid patients, did that ever open? Other then alot of the patient rooms being flexible, what does sophisticated mean when it comes to a hospital?

Remember back when Penn announced this site as the location for a new stand alone building, we all talked about it maybe being the worlds tallest hospital. Oh well, it's turning out Ok, certainly better then its weird older brother across the street (and over a couple of bridges). I'm still not sold on the change of window height on the nose and tail, the rounded ends; it just doesn't look very refined. Maybe someday Lord Foster will give Philly one of his first rate designs, something cutting edge.

What plans does Penn have to their older hospital buildings along Spruce St?

Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
Yeah I spent a few days walking through this building in September and it has a LOOONNNGG way to go in terms of much of the interior construction work. Late 2021 it’ll be open. Building is pretty cool though, will be the most sophisticated hospital space in the world when it opens.
Only until Jefferson buildings their exorbitantly expensive building at 11th/Chestnut.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Only until Jefferson buildings their exorbitantly expensive building at 11th/Chestnut.
That will be an out-patient facility, not an in-patient hospital like Penn's New Patient Pavilion.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
That will be an out-patient facility, not an in-patient hospital like Penn's New Patient Pavilion.
And apparently, one of the most advanced outpatient facilities in the world.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction