HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Central Park Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jul 10, 2021, 2:46 AM

Now that things are opening up again and my photography business starts taking off, I may be back in NY once again as soon as next month!!

Seeing CPT and 111W57 from The Edge at night were spectacular, but I know what awaits soon with them both being lit up! Crossing fingers they both illuminate the skyline in the coming days! I feel it's almost time!!

For now, daytime shots will have to do (especially now that the blue film is basically gone at this point) to really show things off, but maaan... can't wait for these towers to be finished

Old Posted Jul 11, 2021, 4:39 PM
New Yorker for life

^ The skyline will be "electric" when everything is lit.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRJwasCsUK9/

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2021, 4:33 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2021, 4:50 PM
The Vomit Bag.

There are 98 above-ground stories and three basement stories. Why then is the top story numbered 136? It is misleading to state there are 136 stories when there are much fewer levels.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Jul 12, 2021, 5:01 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
There are 98 above-ground stories and three basement stories. Why then is the top story numbered 136? It is misleading to state there are 136 stories when there are much fewer levels.
You must be new here.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2021, 5:24 PM
The Vomit Bag.

yeah, I first joined in 1998.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Jul 12, 2021, 7:12 PM

Quote:
They do it with almost all tall residential buildings for marketing and superstitious purposes (for instance the 4th or 13th floor is skipped or the mechanical floors sometimes count as multiple floors).

Old Posted Jul 19, 2021, 8:31 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jul 20, 2021, 4:03 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jul 20, 2021, 8:14 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jul 23, 2021, 8:45 PM

In my latest video this great tower is shown from Rockway, by NYCSKYSCRAPERS2020:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsqPy1Qrgwg

Old Posted Jul 24, 2021, 2:38 PM

Some pictures I took yesterday from here in Rockaway, BY NYMAN2010:

NEW YORK CITY SKYLINE, JULY 23TH, 2021. by NYMAN2010, on Flickr

NEW YORK CITY SKYLINE, JULY 23TH, 2021. by NYMAN2010, on Flickr

Old Posted Jul 29, 2021, 1:11 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 4:02 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Aug 1, 2021, 8:36 PM

Quote:
I’m with you. This is kind of BS.

I thought there was some major height increase but the thread title is just the marketing scheme. This should be banned on SSP. Report the real number of floors and not what is marketed.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2021, 11:15 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. View Post
I’m with you. This is kind of BS.

I thought there was some major height increase but the thread title is just the marketing scheme. This should be banned on SSP. Report the real number of floors and not what is marketed.
I agree that it's BS but it sort of makes sense from a marketing standpoint. Your average person does not understand that floor count doesn't equal height so they have to compensate. Your average person would have trouble understanding why you're standing on the 98th floor and looking down on the Empire State which is 102 floors.

SSP is inconsistent in its diagrams with this as well, 3WTC is listed with its real floor count and 4WTC with its fake one for example.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2021, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
I agree that it's BS but it sort of makes sense from a marketing standpoint. Your average person does not understand that floor count doesn't equal height so they have to compensate. Your average person would have trouble understanding why you're standing on the 98th floor and looking down on the Empire State which is 102 floors.

SSP is inconsistent in its diagrams with this as well, 3WTC is listed with its real floor count and 4WTC with its fake one for example.
But we’re not the average person here on SSP. We know that floor to ceiling heights can be different. We’re literally a bunch of skyscraper nerds where details like this matter. Save the fake floor counts for the Realtors selling these condos. We should be posting the accurate floor count and not the Realtor marketing.

How this isn’t already a rule here on SSP, I don’t know.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 3:40 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. View Post
But we’re not the average person here on SSP. We know that floor to ceiling heights can be different. We’re literally a bunch of skyscraper nerds where details like this matter. Save the fake floor counts for the Realtors selling these condos. We should be posting the accurate floor count and not the Realtor marketing.

How this isn’t already a rule here on SSP, I don’t know.
The Empire State doesn’t have 103 floors either. Shocker.

But if you didn’t already know, when you go to all of those towers with the higher floor counts, the elevators respond accordingly. So, if you have to go to a specific floor, that’s what floor you go to. Even nerds know that.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 7:19 AM

^and with that response, I concede this discussion is over. 98 floors or 131 floors. It doesn’t matter. Realtors should just call this America’s first 150 floor building given the height.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 12:13 PM
New Yorker for life

Personally, I don’t really keep up with floor heights, and would probably have to look up any floor height - real or imagined - because I measure these buildings by their heights. I agree that they could have gotten away with 150 stories. I know that the Edge at the Hudson Yards isn’t really the 100th floor, but at 1,100 ft, it may as well be.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive