HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 10, 2007, 11:43 PM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian001 View Post
^Ryan Companies is planning a new tower at 8th & Marquette. Inside sources say it will be 1.2 million square feet. There have been extensive discussions about this project on the Minnescraper.com forums.
Anything new regarding this project?

Old Posted May 13, 2007, 4:50 PM

1.2 million square feet ought to be a pretty tall building, and the Nicollet appears to fill in nicely a gap in the skyline. When is the Nicollet supposed to break ground?

Old Posted May 18, 2007, 6:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dralcoffin View Post
1.2 million square feet ought to be a pretty tall building, and the Nicollet appears to fill in nicely a gap in the skyline. When is the Nicollet supposed to break ground?
There's a good chance it never will.

Old Posted May 19, 2007, 4:31 AM

I would tend to agree. It's too bad, I was looking forwar to the enhanced skyline.

Old Posted May 25, 2007, 9:13 AM
JoeCooper

Not to sound like a jerk, but I feel I should point this out... Judging by the shitty-ass attitudes and continuious assumptions as well as the lack of communication I see on this thread, this has to be one of the most dead cities I have seen on this site. Has anyone besides a select few on this forum really taken the time to talk to people outside of this thread and get a source? Does anyone take the time to talk to the representitives or these developments, sure they might not be accurate or always give the most reliable information, but they are more accurate than just making assumptions that the Nicollet will for sure not be built.

We all know that there have been a number of projects including 222, 1010, and others that have canceled, but that doesn't mean that they all will. The Penfield is doing great! I myself and possibly looking at purchasing a unit there, also even though the Nicollet has taken their sweet ass time in the process, that means they have put a lot of investment and effort into this development, that has to mean something!!! I'd rather they do it right than quickly and shitty. Patience is virtue, for those who check the forums your efforts are very much appreaciated!

I am currently looking into what is going on at the Foshay, also I have been told that at the Penfield that groundbreaking is due to start in September pending on if the current precient moves into their new headquarters so construction can commence. I'm giving the Nicollet a rest for a couple months due to development changes, but if I hear anything out of the ordinary I'll be sure to post it...

Last edited by CHAPINM1; May 25, 2007 at 9:22 AM.

Old Posted May 25, 2007, 6:19 PM

Whatever dude, look at the history of downtown, and you would understand why people get frustrated. Right now, I am bummed, that I don't see the nicollet being built, but at the same time, I am extremely excited about the new ballpark. So having watched the city grow, since I was a kid, I definately look forward to more, but we need to grow up, not out!

Old Posted May 26, 2007, 12:48 AM

well, the thing is we have a lot of surface parking lots...so we dont "need" to grow up....not that it wouldn't be nice. Once those are all full, and we actually do NEED to grow up maybe we will see taller buildings.

Anyway, its not looking good for the Nicollet, I hold some hope that it will get built, we will see. It has changed hands a couple times, and the latest owner of the project himself said that they are exploring other options for the site. We shall see. There are other exciting developments to watch though, so I will focus on those.

Old Posted May 26, 2007, 12:50 AM

also, looking at the "history of downtown", I am not sure I see why people are frustrated(as ncode said). The amount of tall buildings built in this city in the last 20 years is pretty amazing for a midwestern city....I mean really, MOST of the tall buildings downtown have been built in the past 2 decades.

yes, I just checked...of the 15 tallest buildings in the city, 11 have been built in the last 20 years. 4 of them have been completed in the last 7 years....not t o mention several other buildings over 20 stories since 2000. Not too bad.

Last edited by MNMike; May 26, 2007 at 1:00 AM.

Old Posted May 26, 2007, 5:32 AM
JoeCooper

The Carlyle is an amazing addition, at night it adds a great presence! I myself am bummed by some of the cancelations but I know there is a lot of great project to come here in the near future... The project I'm keeping my ears open for is the TCF block project. Lets all keep our head high!!!

Old Posted Jul 20, 2007, 2:03 AM
JoeCooper

Looks like the TCF site is on hold for development, can anyone conferm this? The only movement I see there is the Foshay renovation...

Old Posted Jul 22, 2007, 7:39 PM

Twins Ballpark

Anyone excited about the Twins stadium starting construction in a couple weeks?
We can actually watch it being buil, with a skycam, they have set up.
here is a link

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/min/b...ebcam_full.jsp

I hope to see some other development pick up to, as the light rail, and commuter rail get on track.
Peace

Old Posted Jul 27, 2007, 5:02 PM

they are out of their mind for not building a retractable roof..........

Old Posted Jul 27, 2007, 9:15 PM
JoeCooper

The Twins stadium will definetly help boost other development as well as revitalize the area on the west end of downtown.

Regarding the light rail, they are still in the engineering stages right now for the Central Corridor.

Also, I was emailed by a Nicollet representative regarding that as of that plans will not be released until late fall/early winter and that construction will begin in 2008.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2007, 9:14 PM
JoeCooper

Appears that Sexton Phase II is possibly starting construction! Has anybody else noticed the increased site activity?

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 1:32 AM
JoeCooper

The Nicollet is also going to be adding an office component, I was told they are having to revise several floorplans which is being done currently. As said before it will probably be late fall/early spring before we hear anything...

Old Posted Sep 6, 2007, 3:16 AM
The True Avatar

A recent update on the Nicollet.
It will be a mixed-use project. It is now listed at 50 stories. Od which 30 are to be office. There is also a hotel component, and 100 condos. So this project is still very much alive. No new renderings yet though.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2007, 3:58 AM

Wow! If 30 floors of office, might it be even taller ?

Old Posted Sep 11, 2007, 5:05 AM
The True Avatar

It will probably be similar height as before. Even thou 30 floors are office the building has lost 6 fllors, and some of the rest of the floors will be hotel, which have lower ceilings. Plus we do not know if the redesign will have any type of crown or spire.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2007, 7:11 AM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenapolis View Post
It will probably be similar height as before. Even thou 30 floors are office the building has lost 6 fllors, and some of the rest of the floors will be hotel, which have lower ceilings. Plus we do not know if the redesign will have any type of crown or spire.
I'd be willing to bet that it will be taller, they said approximately 50 floors which means that 50 floors is just a guess. Everybody is assuming that that's exactly how many floors it will be. Also, remember that there is nothing set in stone as of yet for designs. Nothing certian is to be released until later on this year.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2007, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
I'd be willing to bet that it will be taller, they said approximately 50 floors which means that 50 floors is just a guess. Everybody is assuming that that's exactly how many floors it will be. Also, remember that there is nothing set in stone as of yet for designs. Nothing certian is to be released until later on this year.
To put it in real numbers, the 30 floors of office would be approx. 450 feet, the 20 floors of hotel and condos 240 feet, and 50 feet of mechanical. That's 740 feet without a crown.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations