HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

Old Posted Dec 9, 2021, 1:56 AM
Community Guy

Calgary to Banff passenger rail costs increase to $1.5 billion

Banff-based Liricon Capital Ltd. has partnered with Quebec-based Plenary Americas to submit an updated proposal to Alberta Transportation, Invest Alberta Corporation and the Canada Infrastructure Bank to move to the design phase of the proposed Calgary to Banff passenger rail project.

Cathy Ellis

BANFF – A $1.5 billion plan for the return of passenger railway from Calgary to Banff is on track to be potentially up and running as early as 2025.

Banff-based Liricon Capital Ltd. has partnered with Quebec-based Plenary Americas to submit an updated proposal to Alberta Transportation, Invest Alberta Corporation and the Canada Infrastructure Bank (CIB) to move to the design phase.

The proposal is to deliver a passenger train service from Calgary International Airport to downtown Calgary, which could include an express service every 15 minutes, and on to the mountains in Canmore and Banff by 2025.

Jan Waterous, managing partner of Liricon, said her family is thrilled that Plenary Americas has joined as co-developers of the Calgary-Banff railway project, which has the potential to be hydrogen-powered.

https://www.rmotoday.com/banff/calga...campaign=Email

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Dec 9, 2021, 3:19 AM
Community Guy

Much more on the Calgary-Banff train here:

https://banffecotransithub.ca/wp-con...12-08-2021.pdf

From above

Old Posted Jan 22, 2022, 1:32 AM
Community Guy

Parks Canada reviewing draft area redevelopment plan for Banff train station lands

“I can accurately say that this is the most complex area redevelopment plan we’ve ever seen in the history of the Town of Banff,” said Darren Enns, the director of planning and development for the Town of Banff.

Cathy Ellis
https://www.rmotoday.com/banff/parks...-lands-4964439

Old Posted Jan 25, 2022, 9:01 AM
Sex Marxist of Notleygrad

Get it done already! This could have/could still made/make for one neck of a good green transport project and job creator. Most Albertans still live in a railroad community including Banff so we need to be reinvesting in our rail networks for a variety of different reasons and this would be a great first start.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia