HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 6, 2021, 1:56 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1052 View Post
I know everyone is oohing over the hall but the new departure boards are shockingly good. Just amazing.

Only upgrade would be to display NJT trains that are accessible from the hall but I assume that's a result of never ending turf wars.
NJ Transit backed out of being a "tenant", and also didn't extend the first two platforms (tracks 1 - 4). As a result, those tracks aren't accessible from the main floor, but are from the mezzanine level. But regardless, NJ Transit uses those other tracks, so you can still end up in Moynihan, there just isn't a display screen there.

NJ Transit also has a nice train hall of its own, although much smaller than Moynihan, on 7th Ave, and will be the main user of the expansion south.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchester united View Post
Fantastic hall!! But I am sorry that it is closed 1-5am. Is instead open 24/7 the new 7th avenue entrance? Thanks for the possible reply.
Yes, that is the plan. I don't know if that's to be permanent, or if it's to coincide with the current subway service closures during those hours due to the pandemic. But it's said that it would close between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. Grand Central also closes for a few hours. But between those hours, Penn Station isn't nearly as crowded as it is in daytime hours, so I don't think it would affect much.

A little more on the planning for further improvements to the current station as well as the expansion south...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development