HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Aug 19, 2023, 1:23 AM

Wait this isn't the end of development in Mission Rock?! There are more phases?!

Old Posted Aug 19, 2023, 2:23 AM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmy2 View Post
Wait this isn't the end of development in Mission Rock?! There are more phases?!
That’s right. Although I don’t recall seeing any detailed renderings or specs laid out for the next phases so I’m not sure how close they really are to groundbreaking and construction. Given the current economic climate it will be awhile I think. But I think the Giants do own all the land so it will get developed at some point.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2023, 4:54 AM

I see. Well I hope to see the development take shape soon.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2023, 5:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
That’s right. Although I don’t recall seeing any detailed renderings or specs laid out for the next phases so I’m not sure how close they really are to groundbreaking and construction. Given the current economic climate it will be awhile I think. But I think the Giants do own all the land so it will get developed at some point.
Doubt anything will happen until the season ends.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2023, 7:10 PM

Have they started on the new waterfront park?

Old Posted Aug 29, 2023, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
Have they started on the new waterfront park?
Yup, and they're making pretty good progress too. I wouldn't be surprised if it's open by the end of the year.

This video only goes up to July 2023 but provides a decent aerial of the park: https://vimeo.com/850202025

Old Posted Aug 29, 2023, 7:29 PM
你的媽媽

You can see some glimpses of it here too in some of the recent construction photos from SF YIMBY. Looks like the trees are already in and some of the framing for one of the park structures.

https://sfyimby.com/2023/06/the-23-s...francisco.html

Old Posted Aug 29, 2023, 7:30 PM
你的媽媽

Here's an aerial image as well from Real Estate Weekly:

https://rew-online.com/san-francisco...artment-tower/

Old Posted Aug 29, 2023, 7:35 PM
你的媽媽

I wonder when they'll get started on the McCovey Cove portion of the park since it looks like they'll have to do some significant alterations to the riprap.

https://sfyimby.com/2022/06/construc...francisco.html

Old Posted Aug 30, 2023, 1:07 AM

Any idea when the park will be finished?

Old Posted Aug 30, 2023, 5:07 PM

Quote:
I wonder when they'll get started on the McCovey Cove portion of the park since it looks like they'll have to do some significant alterations to the riprap.
I think they might be starting on it soon... as of the 28th the bay trail has (or should have) been re-routed so they can start working on that part of the park.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2023, 5:23 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by obemearg View Post
I think they might be starting on it soon... as of the 28th the bay trail has (or should have) been re-routed so they can start working on that part of the park.

Nice! It's my favorite part of the park proposal so let's hope they don't value engineer it out of the project. I'm guessing the work to redo that part of the shoreline is fairly complex/expensive. Although maybe not too bad since it'd kinda be like adding a giant boat launch.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2023, 5:43 PM
Environmental Sabotage

I am surprised there doesn't appear to be a hotel component to this development. This definitely seems like it will be an ideal place to stay as a tourist.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2023, 5:46 PM
Environmental Sabotage

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitty View Post
That parking lot is the same one the Giants own, and is a part of phase 2 of Mission Rock. No designs have been announced as of yet.
Ah, that is good to know since I am really happy with the quality of the project. Hopefully it will include a nice hotel. This has the potential to become a very vibrant corner of the City

Old Posted Sep 5, 2023, 5:55 PM
你的媽媽

^ Although not technically a part of Mission Rock, there is the LUMA Hotel, a 17 story, 299 room hotel, directly across the street. I do agree though, that there should be more hotels built in this area, since this is really the only one.

Quote:
San Francisco's Luma ranked best new hotel in US despite 'doom loop' narrative
By Olivia Harden
May 25, 2023

Tripadvisor released its list of Travelers’ Choice Best of the Best Hotels for 2023 this week, and topping the hottest new hotels in the country is the Luma Hotel in San Francisco.

The hotel opened in 2022 in the Mission Bay neighborhood, nestled between Chase Center and Oracle Park, homes to the NBA champion Golden State Warriors and the San Francisco Giants, respectively. A newer San Francisco neighborhood, Mission Bay is also home to tech companies like Uber. The Luma Hotel takes a design-forward approach while staying grounded with nods to the city.

The Luma landing in the top spot of new national hotels challenges the misleading narrative that San Francisco is in a “doom loop” of local issues and that the city that is not hospitable for tourists.

Tripadvisor celebrated some of the standout features at the Luma Hotel, such as its large-scale art installations from local artists, Jim Campbell included, as well as a 17th-floor rooftop lounge called Cavaña that boasts expansive views and “pan-Latin tapas.”

Bastian noted that Twyne, the coffee bar in the lobby, serves Sightglass Coffee, an independent roaster based in San Francisco.
https://www.sfgate.com/travel/articl...r-18117592.php

Old Posted Sep 12, 2023, 8:07 PM

Here's a better look at the park for those interested now that the detour path is open. The area in front of The Canyon looks like it's pretty much ready to be opened today and they've finished most of the foam terraforming for the field & pavilion and have moved on to landscaping.

On a related note I hadn't realized they finally started on the new park on the bay next to the Chase Center. Didn't get any good pictures but there's lots of terraforming work that's completed and trees waiting to go in there too.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2023, 8:11 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Here's a better look at the park for those interested now that the detour path is open. The area in front of The Canyon looks like it's pretty much ready to be opened today and they've finished most of the foam terraforming for the field & pavilion and have moved on to landscaping.
Thanks for the update! Did it look like they were going to get started on the seawall soon?

Quote:
On a related note I hadn't realized they finally started on the new park on the bay next to the Chase Center. Didn't get any good pictures but there's lots of terraforming work that's completed and trees waiting to go in there too.
Nice! We've been waiting for Bayfront Park to be completed for awhile now.

Also, any sign of work on the Mission Bay Ferry Landing?

Old Posted Sep 14, 2023, 4:01 PM

Quote:

So dope looking at the renderings and how it looks now!

Old Posted Sep 21, 2023, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the update! Did it look like they were going to get started on the seawall soon?
I couldn't quite tell but I think they've already started moving some of the existing seawall to make room for the little inlet/cove.

Quote:
Also, any sign of work on the Mission Bay Ferry Landing?
Unfortunately as far as I could tell there wasn't any work on the actual landing/pier...

The concrete area that you can see in this streetview link has been covered with pavers though and I believe that's where the pier will be. It was further along than other parts of the park so maybe they are getting started on it soon.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2023, 1:07 AM
Show me the blueprints

The real photo/rendering comparison is mighty similar.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction