HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 18, 2022, 5:00 AM

We should see Empire Brickell (a 26 floor - 310' FT building to buckhead), a 250 unit development announced soon. The only renderings I see for Empire Brickell are black and white ones so I don't think I should post anything... But that's the news for now.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2022, 2:37 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Went ahead and updated the first post with a modern, updated list.

@Altoic, used your list. Check the first page.

@all SSP folks/visitors, check 1st post in this development thread.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2022, 3:56 PM

^ Thank you, albeit the list is already outdated from all these projects

Residences in the Grove

174 Units, Architect - Arquitectonica

Old Posted Sep 22, 2022, 5:34 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

$190M Gallery At West Brickell Breaks Ground: ‘Largest Single-Phase Public/Private Project In The County’

Quote:
A groundbreaking ceremony was held yesterday for the Gallery at West Brickell. Construction is now underway.

It is the the largest single-phase public/private project in the county, with an estimated investment of roughly $190M, developer Related Group said.

The project will rise 29 stories, or 304 feet and include:

465 rental apartments (163 workforce/affordable, 302 market-rate)
2,240 square feet of office space
2,338 square feet of retail
529 parking spaces in an 11-story garage (70 reserved for the school next door)

According to the Herald, affordable apartment rents will start at $750 per month for a studio, while market rate apartments will top out at $3,950 per month for a three-bedroom unit.
====================
NXT

Old Posted Sep 22, 2022, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post
I think we'll see continued higher-density development on surface lots in downtown Coral Gables.

I don't think we'll see a Metrorail line down Coral Way though. The amount of demolition that would have to occur to make that possible would be immense.
I still believe placing a Metrorail along Coral Way is still a possibility because all you have to do is use the median and place stations along the following streets:

- Le Jeune Rd (Coral Gables)
- Douglas Rd
- SW 32nd Ave
- SW 27th Ave
- SW 22nd Ave
- SW 17th Ave
- SW 12th Ave / SW 3rd Ave

I understand the demolition concerns but I'm pretty sure if a line was placed along Coral Way, it would probably be a few houses and the area along Coral Way would have to be forced to support TODs (transit oriented development), and as for the line, I'd place it along I-95 and have it go all the way to Gov't Center, then possibly to points as far as Miami Beach and Aventura.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2022, 2:59 PM

This is gorgeous!

This is hideous!

Old Posted Sep 23, 2022, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
I still believe placing a Metrorail along Coral Way is still a possibility because all you have to do is use the median and place stations along the following streets:

- Le Jeune Rd (Coral Gables)
- Douglas Rd
- SW 32nd Ave
- SW 27th Ave
- SW 22nd Ave
- SW 17th Ave
- SW 12th Ave / SW 3rd Ave

I understand the demolition concerns but I'm pretty sure if a line was placed along Coral Way, it would probably be a few houses and the area along Coral Way would have to be forced to support TODs (transit oriented development), and as for the line, I'd place it along I-95 and have it go all the way to Gov't Center, then possibly to points as far as Miami Beach and Aventura.
It's never going to happen.

The median is only 6-10 ft wide. Constructing the metrorail along this route would require the permanent reduction of two traffic lanes and the complete obliteration of over 2 miles of hundred-plus year old banyan and ficus trees in Miami proper.

And Coral Gables would NEVER permit the metrorail going right through the middle and for the full length of its downtown business district, Miracle Mile (between Douglas and LeJeune).

You literally cannot even paint your house, unless it is an approved color by the city of Coral Gables.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2022, 10:54 PM

Quote:

The median is only 6-10 ft wide. Constructing the metrorail along this route would require the permanent reduction of two traffic lanes and the complete obliteration of over 2 miles of hundred-plus year old banyan and ficus trees in Miami proper.

And Coral Gables would NEVER permit the metrorail going right through the middle and for the full length of its downtown business district, Miracle Mile (between Douglas and LeJeune).

You literally cannot even paint your house, unless it is an approved color by the city of Coral Gables.
I think it's only a matter of time before Coral Gables and the rest of Miami Dade County realizes the potential of Metrorail and what it can do for Miami and the metro area.

Miami, Miami-Dade County, and the rest of South FL can't be car-centric forever!!! As the city of Miami continues to grow I population, it's going to need more than to widen it's expressways, it needs a mass transit system.

Also, the median may indeed need to change. As tough as it sounds, there's no Metrorail service in downtown Coral Gables and the closest Metrorail service is at the University of Miami. Also, people will have to change if people are that fully reliant on the automobile to get them to and from work or whatever.

I'm pretty sure both of us agree that Metrorail does need to expand. I don't consider expanding Metrorail to Coral Gables an urgent matter, as the most urgent expansion that really needs to happen is the proposed expansion to Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens.

I'm hoping in the near future, the Metrorail network can be as expansive as the MBTA, MTA, and the CTA in the near future.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2022, 10:59 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

The Rider Planned In Wynwood With 130 Residential Units

Quote:
A developer has just filed plans for another project in Wynwood, called The Rider.

The Rider is planned to rise 8 stories and include:

130 apartment-hotel units
6,439 square feet of ground floor retail
rooftop pool for residents
rooftop food service establishment open to the public, serviced by separate elevators

146 garage parking spaces (reduced by 30% transit corridor waiver)
The garage fronting the FEC Railway will be screened with salvaged railroad rails, repurposed in staggered vertical pattern. The rails will be patinated from use and are expected to further weather and oxidize over time. An additional fabric screen will be mounted behind the rails to further obscure the garage and interior lighting fixtures from the street, a letter from the developer’s lobbyist said.

Deforma Studio is the architect.

Mohawk at Wynwood is located directly to the west of The Rider site, and Midtown Miami is across the street.

Rilea Group is the developer of both Mohawk and The Rider.

A hearing before the Wynwood Design Review Committee is scheduled for October 12.
==================
NXT

Old Posted Oct 25, 2022, 11:04 PM

Recap of news in the South Florida Region (excluding fort Lauderdale and west palm beach) as the October month starts to come to a close:

Alta Developers propose the second phase of Crest at Pinecrest, scrapping office plans.

Floors: 18, will include 1,500 sqft of retail.

For more info: https://www.bizjournals.com/southflo...ffices-in.html

11 Story residential tower proposed in Coral Gables by MG developers.
Floors: 11, 13,000 square feet of live/work retail space
For more info: https://www.bizjournals.com/southflo...al-gables.html

130 Almeria Ave in Coral Gables proposed to be a multifamily highrise.
Floors: 13, not all of the site will be demoed + public park being built replacing a surface parking lot.

For more info: https://www.bizjournals.com/southflo...for-multi.html

BTI wins approval for a significant downtown Hollywood project.
Floors: 35 x 2
For more info: https://therealdeal.com/miami/2022/1...elated_article

Related group acquires former college campus, planning to build a residential midrise.
Floors: 8, saddened to say the parking to the residential unit is pretty bad with almost double the parking spaces per residential unit, maybe more info to come?
For more info: https://www.bizjournals.com/southflo...ge-campus.html

600 Miami Worldcenter Begins Marketing
Floors: 32

For more info: https://www.thenextmiami.com/another...ins-marketing/

The Residences At 1428 Brickell announced, will be solar-powered.
Floors: 70

For more info: https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=226802

SB Development plans condo in Edgewater
Floors: 37
For more info: https://www.bizjournals.com/southflo...ter-condo.html

8-10 Towers Coming To Sunbeam Property In North Bay Village After Receiving Approval
Floors: Ranging heights, info releasing later on.
For more info: https://www.thenextmiami.com/approve...h-bay-village/ Also check the North Bay Village Facebook page to see the original meeting.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2022, 11:24 PM

Related Group's 57-Story Casa Bella Applies For Construction Permit with Contractor Named
Floors: 57

For more info: https://www.thenextmiami.com/develop...tractor-named/

Renderings Released Of Twin-Towers Planned In Miami Beach, Architect is Frank Gehry
Floors: Unknown, but the tallest tower reaches 375 FT

For more info: https://www.thenextmiami.com/first-r...n-miami-beach/

Waldorf Astoria Residences begins construction, groundbreaking Oct 27th.
Floors: 100

For more info: https://www.thenextmiami.com/groundb...l-new-details/

Alchemy showcases plans for Salvation Army site in Wynwood, Miami.
Floors: 12

For more info: https://www.bizjournals.com/southflo...iami-site.html

The Rider Planned In Wynwood
Floors: 12

For more info: https://www.miamicondoinvestments.co...wood-the-rider

Tal Adventura planned to rise to 26 floors.
Floors: 26

For more info: https://www.bizjournals.com/southflo...ory-condo.html

La Baia North sales launch on Bay Harbor Island
Floors: 8
For more info:https://www.bizjournals.com/southflo...hes-sales.html

Jesta Group Proposes 30-Story Tower In North Bay Village With Waterfront Activation
Floors: 30
For more info: https://floridayimby.com/wp-content/...AM-777x466.png

Condo Tower Planned In Bal Harbour By Related Group + Two Roads.
Floors: 24

For more info:https://www.thenextmiami.com/condo-t...op-architects/

Old Posted Oct 26, 2022, 7:43 AM

Tomorrow marks a milestone for our majestic city that lies on the beautiful shores of Biscayne Bay with it's first ever Supertall the 100 story Waldorf Astoria tower to start construction.
It's bitter sweet because I wish QuantumX were still here with us to enjoy this moment.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2022, 5:29 PM
DENNAB

While I'm thrilled by all of the recent developments in Miami, isn't the city going to basically be underwater in 2-3 decades?

I'm not trying to be a killjoy or anything but just realistic. It's amazing how many people are buying property in such a vulnerable place.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2022, 11:12 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Chicago Developer Proposes 450-Unit Apartment Complex In North Miami

Quote:
Golub & Company has filed plans to build a 19-story apartment tower at the former Johnson & Wales campus in North Miami.

The project is proposed to include:

450 market-rate rental apartments
685 parking spaces in a 5-level parking garage
11,620 square feet of retail space
230-foot raised outdoor landscaped public plaza in front of the retail
Solomon Cordwell Buenz of Chicago is the architect.

North Miami’s Planning Commission tied 3-3 in a vote earlier this month on whether to recommend approval of the project to the city council, according to the SFBJ.
===================
NXT

Old Posted Nov 10, 2022, 7:11 PM

Legacy 20th Street - 8 fLOORS (By Corwil Architects and Legacy Residential Group)

Rainbow Village Phase 1
(By Zyschovich Architects)

Old Posted Feb 24, 2023, 2:34 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Renderings Show Omni 21 Apartment Building Planned In Edgewater

Quote:
Newly obtained renderings show an apartment building called Omni 21 that is close to construction next to the Braman Motors property in Edgewater.

The plans were submitted to Miami’s Planning Department in February 2022, with a request for 7 waivers – including a 30% parking requirement reduction due to proximity to a transit corridor.

Omni 21 is planned to rise 12 stories and include:

97 multi-family rental units
3550 square feet of restaurant
2538 square feet of retail
122 parking spaces on levels 2 and 3 (reduced from zoning requirements by 30% waiver)
The apartments will be located on levels 4 through 10.

A construction permit filing was created in June 2022, with the full plans filed in July. Review is still underway.

Modis Architects is the architect.

Omni America LLC of New York is listed as the owner.

Current Builders is listed as the construction contractor on the construction permit.
=====================
NXT

Old Posted Feb 24, 2023, 2:36 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

10-Story Condo Building Designed By Arquitectonica Planned In Miami Beach

Quote:
Developers have filed plans for a 10-story condo building in North Beach.

The property is at 6940 Abbott Avenue and was formerly owned by AT&T.

The new building is planned to include:

96 residential units
ground floor retail and co-working space
rooftop pool, lounge, fitness, and pickleball court
90 parking spaces on levels 2 and 3
21 of the units will be below 550 square feet (only counting as 0.5 units under Miami Beach zoning). Another 63 units will be between 550 and 850 square feet, with 12 units between 850 square feet and 1250 square feet.
======================
NXT

Old Posted Apr 8, 2023, 3:57 PM

Quote:

I missed this last important quote right here. There are ways to relocate banyan trees and it looks like the banyan trees along Coral Way aren't the heaviest in comparison to banyan trees that are in Asia. Here's a link to a banyan relocator: https://www.kikiaolaconstruction.com...ee-relocation/

Old Posted Apr 8, 2023, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
I missed this last important quote right here. There are ways to relocate banyan trees and it looks like the banyan trees along Coral Way aren't the heaviest in comparison to banyan trees that are in Asia. Here's a link to a banyan relocator: https://www.kikiaolaconstruction.com...ee-relocation/
Yeah... so maybe they'll do that for 2 continuous miles of century-old trees.

Sure, that's completely realistic. Coral Gables and the City of Miami will DEFINITELY pay the literally hundreds of millions of dollars to do this so that they can destroy an historic district and lower property values, remove 2 traffic lanes, disrupt and then obliterate a very wealthy business district for a public transit project that they don't want.

One of the more absurd things I've heard on this forum.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2023, 6:25 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Miami Design District’s The Ursa Office Tower Advances In Construction Permitting

Quote:
Construction permitting for a Class A office tower known as The Ursa being developed in the Miami Design District continues to advance, Miami Building Department records show.

A contractor for the project has also been named, according to filings with the city.

The construction permit for The Ursa was first applied for in October 2022, with the full plans filed in November.

The permit filing lists the amount of office square footage being built at 159,892 square feet, with an estimated hard construction cost of $70m.

An Expedited Life and Safety review request was filed on March 20. A separate tree permit was applied for on March 13.

GT McDonald is listed as the contractor.

A demolition permit to clear the site was issued last year, and was listed as finalized with all inspection completed by November.

The Ursa will make “an art form out of office space,” according to a letter sent last year by developer Dacra to Miami-Dade County planners.

It will include museum-quality exterior public art and interior art curated by Daniel Arsham, Dacra has said.

Arquitectonica is the architect.
===================
NXT

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations