HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 1, 2024, 11:13 PM

I'm genuinely curious, if they get rid of the tax and life is essentially just as expensive but these people protesting at are no longer getting the checks every 3 months what are they going to say? I haven't seen anyone present the math that the carbon tax is costing most people more, I've only personally seen rhetoric and the rhetoric is winning the battle.

Economist Trevor Tombe presented the biggest deep dive on the data that I've seen and everything does in fact show that the carbon tax has a positive economic affect on most individuals and the ones where it is negative or roughly even is far less.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2024, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor734 View Post
Back to the federal level.......This Ipsos poll projection seems like it must be an aberration but I suppose the Liberals have been down that far before.

I'm surprised to see that much NDP strength with Singh as leader. Although, I suppose he could be benefitting from an "at least he's not Trudeau" thought process.

https://twitter.com/NickKouvalis/sta...75193698013596

I'm still half wondering if JT won't pull a Mulroney, find himself a Kim Campbell, and slip away.....leaving them for the slaughter.
He seems to think, and I tend to agree, that is the less responsible thing to do. Go down swinging and he probably thinks he car recover. Being in Halifax for Easter from Ontario I'm shocked how many retired Atlantic Canadians still think Trudeau can come back. Nobody says that in Toronto and Ottawa where I usually frequent.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 1:01 AM

Re: forced treatment policy

Some numbers released today indicate there is a wait-list of 200 people for voluntary treatment with wait times of anywhere between 3 & 8 months.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 3:32 AM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
Re: forced treatment policy

Some numbers released today indicate there is a wait-list of 200 people for voluntary treatment with wait times of anywhere between 3 & 8 months.
My roommate went on the rehab list for alcoholism may 2023 and finally got in Jan 2024.mind you this was in Campbellton as it would of been longer for Saint John. She is female and there are fewer beds for women as well

Old Posted Apr 5, 2024, 1:16 PM

Antigonish and county merger canceled, per All NS.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2024, 2:54 PM

Just saw a tweet from Jacques Poitras that Bruce Fitch who is the second longest serving MLA has annouced he will retire. Another PC incumbent retires. Brings the number up to 11 PC winners from 2020 not running again

Old Posted Apr 5, 2024, 4:20 PM

Poitras' CBC story here...https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...s-nb-1.7164752

Once the PC's start nominating replacements it will be interesting to see if a lot of them are far right Faytine types.

Last edited by sailor734; Apr 5, 2024 at 6:22 PM.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2024, 4:14 PM

New Brunswick city councils are far too large and unwieldy. Paying them a trivial salary ensures we get grifters. Should we keep the councils large and make them fully volunteer, or should we shrink them and pay enough of a full time wage to attract mid-career professionals?

Old Posted Apr 19, 2024, 5:17 PM

MLA Gary Crossman is resigning from cabinet and as an MLA effectively immediately, citing looking after his health and his political and personal beliefs not aligning with the party.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2024, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
MLA Gary Crossman is resigning from cabinet and as an MLA effectively immediately, citing looking after his health and his political and personal beliefs not aligning with the party.
Interesting. I wonder why he chose now when he didn't resign over the Faytine thing last fall or during the whole Policy 713 hoopla?

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 6:07 PM

PCs nominate the mayor of New Maryland, Judy Wilson-Shee, for Hanwell-New Maryland. Open seat made of portions of Dominic Cardy and Jeff Carr's old seats.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces