HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Mar 3, 2022, 5:01 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

my spouse is in tech and she remains often the only one, or one of a handful at most, in the office when she chooses to go in, like 1-2x/wk.

and the office building is a full block of over 1M sq ft in hudson square -- it's crazy, but tech doesn't really need to be in there --

although i would say other agencies should and sales should and the like.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2022, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
Time to invest in razor and deodorant stocks as people return to the office.
Its funny seeing how office style and dress codes have changed. Also three dudes in my office grew 90s pony tails!

Old Posted Mar 3, 2022, 5:02 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxtex View Post
Also three dudes in my office grew 90s pony tails!
i haven't had a haircut in over 2 years now.

it's now way past my shoulders.

it's like i'm 19 again!

Old Posted Mar 3, 2022, 5:03 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

yes and a lot of women have especially noticeable long pandemic hair.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2022, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
Even though I've always been for anti-Covid measures as a necessary step to reduce deaths, @the urban politician has a point.

To me it's very worrisome this introversion glorification that's been a thing even before Covid. We're social beings and it's a very social skills are very incredibly important for our survival as both individuals and societies.

So, yes, know how to deal with other people, even if you don't like, it's a positive trait and should be encourage.
Correct. Watch old westerns. They all have that weird gold prospector who lives out in the hills with his mule. Everybody else lives in town. For a reason. Thats what remote work is. Less need for direct management and more independent. That's not most of society tho.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2022, 5:09 PM
E pluribus unum

I go in at least once a week, but my department actually downsized last year moving from one building to another smaller one where in our new building, nobody besides the chief has an individual office, we all share touchdown stations that we can plug into and do work at the office as needed.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2022, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
i haven't had a haircut in over 2 years now.

it's now way past my shoulders.

it's like i'm 19 again!
I had a taxidriver mohawk for about a week. It was funny.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2022, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip View Post
you people really are jealous or have some sort of unresolved issue with people that get to work from home. You don't like that people work remote then bring up sex. wtf
In another thread he said he likes hitting on girls at his office so idk maube thats why lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
Even though I've always been for anti-Covid measures as a necessary step to reduce deaths, @the urban politician has a point.

To me it's very worrisome this introversion glorification that's been a thing even before Covid. We're social beings and it's a very social skills are very incredibly important for our survival as both individuals and societies.

So, yes, know how to deal with other people, even if you don't like, it's a positive trait and should be encourage.
I agree to a point. Like it is real easy to shoot the shit for a few minutes before meetings. Due to WFH I've gotten to know coworkers who were in other offices a lot more. The human interaction I still get from friend groups outside of work and coworkers I already had relations with I still see.

There's a few women who all got hired at my org while weve been 100% remote and they've become friends with other women who were already at the company, as in going out together. I think a lot of this interaction depends on work culture too. Dont get me wrong many do like how it's easier to cut off from others now but these same people were the ones who kept mostly to themselves at the office I feel like.

The people I worry about most are the Zoomers and generation under them. The digital space is really picking up and they are a big reason why. Most of these people are just kids and not even in the workforce yet but they will be. The oldest Zoomers are in their early 20s now.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
In another thread he said he likes hitting on girls at his office so idk maube thats why lmao

I can say with 100% certainty that I never said that.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanite View Post
I can say with 100% certainty that I never said that.
Urban politician:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
How do single 20 somethings hook up with the ladies if they WFH?

I mean, one of my favorite things about being in my 20s was flirting with women (or more) at work.

You are missing out on THE ESSENCE OF IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!
actin like a true politician lol

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 1:33 AM
The City

^ I’m proud of that statement.

Humans are not robots. We desire company

WFH is a step in our evolution towards irrelevancy. Replace us with computers (or workers from the Philippines) already!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 1:44 AM
Ex Houstonian

Nearly all the women Ive been with I met at either work or at college. Got lucky with a few from Tinder, but that was like 6 years ago. Never been successful getting with a girl at a bar. I did however date a girl I met randomly at an archaeological park in Ohio for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWAK View Post
No. Plenty of bay area people on here, me, friends, and family said it was awesome. This reeks of politics/upset at wearing masks which has been linked to autism (I can provide sources).
Lol how are you going to tell me no? What a weird thing to say. Also not sure what your swipe at autism was for either. It doesn't make any sense.

Quote:
Again, no. Most restaurants never closed or have at least been open since June of 15 last year. In other states they don't even understand the concept of outdoor dining, while we already had it before the pandemic. California had a tiered system so an experience in Malibu is not the same in let's say, SD or Sac. Drive 15 minutes north or south and you can find an area that meets your tastes. Plenty of businesses did not require masks for the statewide order and it's a scam perpetuated by a select few who claim CA was the lockdown state.
Are you trying to tell me there were restaurants that were not forced to close? The whole point of the Malibu example was the absurdness of what was going on in Californian at the time.

The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
Nearly all the women Ive been with I met at either work or at college. Got lucky with a few from Tinder, but that was like 6 years ago. Never been successful getting with a girl at a bar. I did however date a girl I met randomly at an archaeological park in Ohio for a while.
^ Common sense

Not popular in these parts

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 1:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
College is different. Work is just weird IMO. There are plenty of girls outside of work to meet. Not saying run-ins don't happen naturally but to actively hit on girls at work is not cool. Like when I've gone out with female coworkers at a convention or whatever, I'm not trying to get with them at the bar. There's plenty of other women there.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 12:39 PM
The City

^ Damn, Mr Self-Righteous, what are you the date police? Sheesh

If two consenting adults like each other they like eachother. Go preach your shit under a bridge somewhere

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 12:43 PM
The City

Our grocery store ended masking

Went there to buy some Truly, was nice seeing faces again.

I love being a living human being. Humanity, folks. We may be in the last century of it anyhow so revel in it!

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 1:58 PM

Quote:
If two consenting adults like each other they like eachother. Go preach your shit under a bridge somewhere
Didnt I say that? I've had my own with a grand total of 3 girls at work during my professional career and I have to say it was not worth it in the end. Way better to keep that play outside of what pays the bills because the options are plentiful but do you lol.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 2:42 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Our grocery store ended masking

Went there to buy some Truly, was nice seeing faces again.

I love being a living human being. Humanity, folks. We may be in the last century of it anyhow so revel in it!
^This is a Truly nice story.

It would be funny if it wasn't so cruel, but school children, the ones that are the least likely to even come down with cold like symptoms, are the last ones to go mask free. It's science!

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 4:15 PM
Ex Houstonian

I had to go into our public library yesterday to use their printer. A whole bunch of school children were in there and had their worthless cloth masks on still and the library still requires them. I haven’t worn a mask in well over a year. They wouldn’t let me in without one and they didn’t have any. So I had to drive to Walmart to buy one. So stupid. Guess the last place you can contract Covid is in public libraries but not Walmart. All of this is so laughable. I feel bad for the kids still not getting proper socialization as they don’t see faces all day long. They’re going to be pretty screwed up.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions