HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayormccheese View Post
Very strange comment
I call that section of 15th Street, chain restaurant row. I'm a bit surprised it wasn't filled sooner.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
I call that section of 15th Street, chain restaurant row. I'm a bit surprised it wasn't filled sooner.
Yeah it's not like it's a crazy massive space either. New restaurants continue to keep opening left and right in town - it's one of our strongest retail sectors - so the fact that this stayed empty for so long was actually a bit surprising to me.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 4:33 PM

Is there some study being done to possible have Chestnut/Walnut as a car free street? I might have seen this mention on Reddit.

Also as for Retail I hope East Market street between 8th to 11th street get a major facelift. The CVS is pretty bad looking on the outside. It's shocking that 11th and Market does not have a bus shelter for how busy it is.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Very strange comment
It’s been vacant for years. Wouldn’t say its any stranger than “Mayormccheese” lol

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhigh07 View Post
It’s been vacant for years. Wouldn’t say its any stranger than “Mayormccheese” lol
It’s a former restaurant though surrounded by tons of restaurants and sat vacant during an unprecedented hardship for restaurants. Saying you thought you’d see Armageddon before something goes in there is over the top and strange. It makes it seem like you had some insider knowledge or something. Others thought it was a strange comment as well.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 5:36 PM

Quote:
It’s a former restaurant though surrounded by tons of restaurants and sat vacant during an unprecedented hardship for restaurants. Saying you thought you’d see Armageddon before something goes in there is over the top and strange. It makes it seem like you had some insider knowledge or something. Others thought it was a strange comment as well.
Thanks for putting me in my place. I didn’t know casual hyperbole can have such dire consequences for this forum.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaNerd View Post
Is there some study being done to possible have Chestnut/Walnut as a car free street? I might have seen this mention on Reddit.
Is it motivated by what's happening on 5th Avenue? They've been shutting down 5th from 42nd to the Park on Sundays during the holidays to provide a better shopping/holiday experience - which would be an awesome idea for Rittenhouse Row to try...

They're even thinking about permanently restricting traffic considerably, widening sidewalks, adding more green space to 5th...again something that would be interesting to look at on Ritt Row to brand it a bit and increase it's profile....

https://abc7ny.com/pedestrian-zone-5...pace/12589614/

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
Yeah it's not like it's a crazy massive space either. New restaurants continue to keep opening left and right in town - it's one of our strongest retail sectors - so the fact that this stayed empty for so long was actually a bit surprising to me.
Exactly! It took forever to fill. I tried to put that into a colorful turn of phrase in a previous comment but I guess some people on here didn’t approve :/

Anywho… I did a little digging and it looks like the permit application was submitted by a LLC called 3D Hospitality. While I’m not 100% certain, it looks like it’s affiliated with the former owners of Zavino.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 6:07 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
Is it motivated by what's happening on 5th Avenue? They've been shutting down 5th from 42nd to the Park on Sundays during the holidays to provide a better shopping/holiday experience - which would be an awesome idea for Rittenhouse Row to try...

They're even thinking about permanently restricting traffic considerably, widening sidewalks, adding more green space to 5th...again something that would be interesting to look at on Ritt Row to brand it a bit and increase it's profile....

https://abc7ny.com/pedestrian-zone-5...pace/12589614/
I walked that stretch of 5th Avenue yesterday.

Aside from the massive crowds, it was festive and definitely a great way to add foot traffic and focus on the pedestrian / shopping experience.

Philly / Ritt Row should take notes. Close Walnut to cars from Broad through 20th on Saturdays & Sundays from 11am-5pm during the holiday season.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 7:02 PM

Quote:
Anywho… I did a little digging and it looks like the permit application was submitted by a LLC called 3D Hospitality. While I’m not 100% certain, it looks like it’s affiliated with the former owners of Zavino.
Interesting. Wasn't he essentially run out of town and his restaurants closed as a result of his absconding with a bunch of PPP loans meant for his employees' salaries during COVID?

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 9:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLJD13 View Post
Interesting. Wasn't he essentially run out of town and his restaurants closed as a result of his absconding with a bunch of PPP loans meant for his employees' salaries during COVID?
3D Hospitality is the LLC for the former Zavino. The owner who pulled the PPP loan stuff also dodged taxes and went through a nasty divorce all at the same time. The ex wife bought up everything she could from the business. I suspect she is behind this.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Exactly! It took forever to fill. I tried to put that into a colorful turn of phrase in a previous comment but I guess some people on here didn’t approve :/

Curious where you are seeing this info? The liquor license is being transferred to an entity called " 215 S 15TH ST LLC " which is just the address. The premises are listed as "Philly Vinyl" I'm not seeing any ties to 3D Hospitality in the liquor license transfer. What permit are you referring to?

It's interesting that this address technically doesn't exist in Atlas, it's listed as 1417 Locust. There are a couple of permits listed under this address, one for a sit down restaurant. Those were pulled by Felchen 15 LP which looks to correspond to the Law Practice on the other side of the building at 1417 Locust.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 2:41 AM

What's happening atop the Union League? I went to the office today for the first time in a long while, and there is new steel framing on top - looks like they're putting an addition.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 2:55 AM
PHL

Vine and American Streets in Old City this past weekend. Some projects coming along.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 5:17 AM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisforreal View Post
What's happening atop the Union League? I went to the office today for the first time in a long while, and there is new steel framing on top - looks like they're putting an addition.
Rooftop dining addition approved by the Historical Commission last year and I think it will be fairly close to the renderings in this submission (probably with some tweaks to satisfy historical requirements): https://www.phila.gov/media/20211209...supplement.pdf

I attended the Arch. Committee and Commission zoom meetings, but I don’t have full recollection. The primary concern was that visibility from the street should be minimized. It was approved by the PHC at their December 2021 meeting, with PHC staff to review details.

Here’s the 12/10/2021 PHC meeting Zoom session; presentation of Union League begins at the 46:10 mark: https://dpd-public-meetings.s3.amazo..._Dec102021.mp4

Last edited by Jayfar; Dec 20, 2022 at 5:36 AM.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 2:55 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
Vine and American Streets in Old City this past weekend. Some projects coming along.

The brick turned out nice, but could the windows be any smaller?
This would be a homerun if the windows looked more like the building next door.

I'm excited to see the building across the street finish too.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 4:35 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Couple things I've noticed from being outside everyday for the past week.

Police are 100% out in full force throughout the city, Police were pulling people over all across the city, from Center City to Lehigh, I saw police stationed or pulling someone over or checking on people. This is the most I've ever seen it, even before the pandemic.

Pedestrian and Vehicle traffic is all the way up, I sat in traffic in Center City, and around for a while this week, people are out and about, it feels like we have the same amount of traffic pre covid even though all the offices are not in, Thats good news.

Construction is popping off across the city, I will get the Christmas shots before this week is up, and during the month of January I will do all the drone shots of all construction in the area to update the threads.

Another interesting thing going on up in our big brother city NYC. Mayor Adams has announced they will be taking mentally ill homeless people off the streets and to get treatment. a lot of people are up in arms but a lot of people ar happy because these people do need help, we shouldn't allow mentally ill people to endanger theirselves and other people.

https://www.nyc.gov/office-of-the-ma...ect-open-house

Should Philly implement something like this?

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
Couple things I've noticed from being outside everyday for the past week.

Police are 100% out in full force throughout the city, Police were pulling people over all across the city, from Center City to Lehigh, I saw police stationed or pulling someone over or checking on people. This is the most I've ever seen it, even before the pandemic.

Pedestrian and Vehicle traffic is all the way up, I sat in traffic in Center City, and around for a while this week, people are out and about, it feels like we have the same amount of traffic pre covid even though all the offices are not in, Thats good news.

Construction is popping off across the city, I will get the Christmas shots before this week is up, and during the month of January I will do all the drone shots of all construction in the area to update the threads.

Another interesting thing going on up in our big brother city NYC. Mayor Adams has announced they will be taking mentally ill homeless people off the streets and to get treatment. a lot of people are up in arms but a lot of people ar happy because these people do need help, we shouldn't allow mentally ill people to endanger theirselves and other people.

https://www.nyc.gov/office-of-the-ma...ect-open-house

Should Philly implement something like this?
I hope we can we more pedestrian areas, bike/bus lanes to improve the traffic in general.

Don't we have clinics for treatment? I assume we do not have enough money to keep these sick people off the streets and turn them into stable humans

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaNerd View Post
I hope we can we more pedestrian areas, bike/bus lanes to improve the traffic in general.

Don't we have clinics for treatment? I assume we do not have enough money to keep these sick people off the streets and turn them into stable humans
Great post Tony!

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
Rooftop dining addition approved by the Historical Commission last year and I think it will be fairly close to the renderings in this submission ...
Much appreciated! Thanks.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development