HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Sep 28, 2015, 9:23 PM
MPLSXCHI

New Renderings

Old Posted Sep 28, 2015, 9:32 PM
MPLSXCHI

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 12:22 AM
Chicago

September 28, 2015

^ Putting up a construction fence

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalziand View Post
James, I believe Sam was referring to 130 N Franklin, a lovely project which should start next year. Also, longer term, the General Growth Building to the southwest along the river will probably be redeveloped. Your office is going to have a nice view of a lot of construction sites.
Yeah, I'm super-excited -- and I'll make sure I share the photos. I should also have a good view of the stuff on Lake between Franklin and Wells.

In case we need any more evidence of movement, here is 151 from above around 5:00 pm today. They've brought in a couple of construction dumpsters and done some other work.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 1:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchymunch View Post
VE'd ? what happened to those distinctive rounded corners?

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 3:27 AM

I'd rather this one not happen. Waste of space and somewhat of an architectural disappointment.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 3:29 AM
MPLSXCHI

I agree ^

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 4:40 AM

^^^ Me too! Not much to look at!

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 4:43 AM
you know where I'll be

^ ^^ ^^^ I find the negativity on this one particularly perplexing......

Also, it's still 36 stories, 820-830k sq ft, the 32 story, 710k sq ft version stats have always been floating around, but Buck will build just about up to what they're allowed to in the PD here - it wouldn't make sense to undershoot here at this particular juncture in this cycle....

I'd picked up on those renderings which seem to 'cut out' the rounded corners a few months ago (see first post in thread).....can't say if it's VD'd version or not, as these are quite low resolution....probably wise - as sentinal alluded to - not to draw sharp conclusions just from these. I'm sure this will turn out to be a very nice, elegant box though, even if the curved glass corners were in fact nixed. Ronan is a tremendous talent, and I expect this to be a very solid contribution to this boom - and potentially a nicely understated highlight

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 4:45 AM

Boring!!!!!

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 4:56 AM
you know where I'll be

tough crowd, tough crowd indeed.......

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 12:16 PM
BANNED

I think we should expect more at this point. I know nothing about architecture formally, and i'm pretty sure i could design this.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 12:32 PM
The City

It's too bad that they appear to have gotten rid of the rounded corners, but I'd still much rather see this go up than keep that piece of shit Walgreens around.

This will also help add some enclosure to this area, as well as enclosing that plaza that Buck created just to the west of it when he built the tower on Wacker (and demo'd those historic buildings).

I'm hoping 130 N Franklin gets in this cycle, that will definitely transform this little intersection.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 12:53 PM
BANNED

Yes, better than the walgreens, but I'd rather this be a park and then have 130 get built this cycle.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 1:56 PM
you know where I'll be

^ they're both going to get built, we've got a good 3-4 years to run......(despite all the bedwetting that's out there in the markets right now)...

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 2:55 PM

I don't know that those renderings show the rounded corners being removed. I just zoomed in on it on a 46" screen and it is impossible to tell what the corners look like. Given the fact that this building is advertising 10' clear ceilings and is more of a boutiquey project, I just can't see them VE the only architecturally significant feature of the design. Also, rolled rounded glass like that is expensive, but it's not that expensive, especially when compared to the total budget for a 600' office tower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post
^ they're both going to get built, we've got a good 3-4 years to run......(despite all the bedwetting that's out there in the markets right now)...
Lol, bed wetting is a great term for it. The stock market is so fucking stupid. "Oh, more stimulus? Let's panic."

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 6:16 PM
You had me at herro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Mac View Post
Yeah, I'm super-excited -- and I'll make sure I share the photos. I should also have a good view of the stuff on Lake between Franklin and Wells.

In case we need any more evidence of movement, here is 151 from above around 5:00 pm today. They've brought in a couple of construction dumpsters and done some other work.
You must be right next to me in 155 N Wacker.

I'm at 191 N Wacker on the 26th floor. I'll get a few pics from a different angle.

I realized I should also get great pics of the building that's going to go up on Lake Street between Randolph and Wells

I've already got enough to look at with 150 Riverside directly out our west windows and River Point right next it, and then Wolf Point across from that.

I'm so glad they gutted all our floors two years ago and put in 360 degrees of open views on all three of our floors. The views are amazing of all this construction....but after that we'll be all penned in here on the 26th floor

Old Posted Sep 30, 2015, 5:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post
^ ^^ ^^^ I find the negativity on this one particularly perplexing......

Also, it's still 36 stories, 820-830k sq ft, the 32 story, 710k sq ft version stats have always been floating around, but Buck will build just about up to what they're allowed to in the PD here - it wouldn't make sense to undershoot here at this particular juncture in this cycle....

I'd picked up on those renderings which seem to 'cut out' the rounded corners a few months ago (see first post in thread).....can't say if it's VD'd version or not, as these are quite low resolution....probably wise - as sentinal alluded to - not to draw sharp conclusions just from these. I'm sure this will turn out to be a very nice, elegant box though, even if the curved glass corners were in fact nixed. Ronan is a tremendous talent, and I expect this to be a very solid contribution to this boom - and potentially a nicely understated highlight
Aye. I have faith in Ronan as well. This has the potential to be an unassuming and sophisticated container. Its street-level presence should be great, too.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2015, 12:34 PM

Demo permits were issued yesterday for the Walgreens

Old Posted Sep 30, 2015, 12:42 PM

They changed the floorplates to try and win a very large company that is moving. So the overall SF should be similar although that is not confirmed. I can't say the Tenants name at this point but I assume it will be public soon (The company is already located central business district now so its not a suburban move or out of state move). From what I was told the Tenant is debating between this and 130 N Franklin.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive