HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 2:49 AM
Home of Hyperchange

Jesus Motherhumping Christ.

For those that don't know, the City of Glendale sat down today with folks from the Goldwater Institute to try to hash this out. Hulsizer showed up as well. Closed doors, but an audio recording has been provided.

Long story short, Hulsizer left immediately afterwards without even a comment to the media. That says it all. Apparently the meeting basically devolved into bickering and shouting. The mayor sounds like a complete moron. I'm only a few minutes in, and - I'm not making this up - you will soon hear jokes about the "cupcake summit". I may not be able to handle listening to much of this. Hopefully the media summarizes soon.

Earlier today a LOT of people took this meeting as a sign that maybe Phoenix would be staying, but from what I can gather - they've never been closer to Winnipeg.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 3:03 AM
Closed account

On the flipside of things, today was a real crap day for Winnipeg, as every fucking Winnipeg-bashing troll came out of the wood works upon hearing Bryz comments on how he would rather play in Russia than Winnipeg, and why. Albeit he has spent no significant time to make an educated opinion on the city, it was enough to get the troll-ball rolling. Seriously, it seemed like Canadians, Americans and Europeans came together on almost every chatroom board in existance to do nothing except bash Winnipeg and Winnipeggers. We were called every name in the book, and had the book thrown at us to boot. And especially Edmontonians gloating that they will no longer be the city that players dread to move to. We took a real shit kicking today, and will likely do so for a few years yet. Apparently this is the worst city in the world with the ugliest people, worst crime, most boring city (with no parks, apparently), most evil, nothing but a pissbreak stop on the way to Calgary type city. I mean we took a SERIOUS shit kicking from North Americans and Europeans today. I'm still pissed about it, so the results from this meeting cheered me up....................a bit.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 3:24 AM

Apparently theres no park here in Winnipeg... or anything for families to do...
hmm... and no Russians??? Really??? There are 2 Russians in my research group alone (maybe he's anti Ukranian?)

ANYWAY....
I'm trying to listen to those audio clips but they just won't load!
"Tell it to the Judge" sounds worth listening to!

Happy Easter, Matthew Hulsizer.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 3:57 AM
Home of Hyperchange

Guys, Winnipeg didn't take anything today. Stop listening to a bunch of retards on the Internet who most likely haven't been out of their mom's basement in months.

Quite frankly, I love it when people bash Winnipeg. Because 99.9% of the time, they're completely off the mark. I have my own issues with the city, but very few outsiders have the first clue about actual problems. What they spout is generally nonsense.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 4:37 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
Guys, Winnipeg didn't take anything today. Stop listening to a bunch of retards on the Internet who most likely haven't been out of their mom's basement in months.

Quite frankly, I love it when people bash Winnipeg. Because 99.9% of the time, they're completely off the mark. I have my own issues with the city, but very few outsiders have the first clue about actual problems. What they spout is generally nonsense.
I have issues with Winnipeg, and other Canadian cities as well (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, etc.). But today was like the full moon came out and all the freakshows went on a Winnipeg bash-fest like I have ever seen in my life. "Nothing but a piss-break for Calgary?" Are you serious? I'm sick of this Vancouver/Calgary/Edmonton/Toronto/etc. is better than Winnipeg in every conceivable way crap. Vancouver is over-rated, Calgary has no culture, Edmonton has serious crime issues, and Toronto has over-infated egos rising above the smog. Every city has it's issues and downfalls.

What happened today was totally uncalled for.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 4:52 AM

Well, even if any of that were true, what actually matters is that it's a good hockey market.

I'm pulling for the Jets to come.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 5:19 AM
Closed account

Okay, I feel a little better after watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRg8_khYNok

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 5:33 AM

I sincerely hope people here are not too hung up over what Ilya Bryzgalov or any other J-list celebrity thinks of Winnipeg.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 5:56 AM
BANNED

Ol' loose lips Scruggs!

listen at 10:43 of the audio link!

http://media.winnipegfreepress.com/a...ng--Part+6.mp3

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 6:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Ol' loose lips Scruggs!

listen at 10:43 of the audio link!

http://media.winnipegfreepress.com/a...ng--Part+6.mp3
No problem Mayor Scruggs we won't say anything but this recording will be made public, LOL. The tone of defeat in her voice is so apparent it makes you tired by just listening to it. Don't over do it on chocalate this weekend boys and girls because the sweetest treat sounds like it is sooner than later.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 8:23 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
I sincerely hope people here are not too hung up over what Ilya Bryzgalov or any other J-list celebrity thinks of Winnipeg.
His ignorance shows how much he knows about Winnipeg, which is nothing, because he doesn't know sh*t about our city!! He can go to hell for all we care.

Other than that, LOL!! He can enjoy his time in Russia, golfing in the snow or something.

You see, I don't even know shit about Russia either. Tit-for-tat, Mr. Bryzgalov!!

Anyways, this whole thing is starting to be promising. Still very cautious though.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 2:40 PM

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 5:34 PM

LOL the broom part is hilarious hahaha

good job SKY haha that music is perfect too

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
Long story short, Hulsizer left immediately afterwards without even a comment to the media. That says it all.

someone knows what's up

I still partially believe there might be a deal in place with another NHL team to come to Winnipeg not named the Coyotes...and that might have something to do with the Phoenix situation...

don't be surprised if there is still one more trick up GB's sleeve that saves the team.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 9:41 PM
Closed account

Unlike Bryzgalov, Shirokov loves Winnipeg

Shirokov Loves Winnipeg

While Bryzgalov made headlines for his derogatory comments about Winnipeg on Thursday, fellow countryman and Manitoba Moose forward Sergei Shirokov quickly came to its defence.

In fact, he said he’d jump at the chance to play in Winnipeg, should an NHL team eventually return.

“Oh yeah, I really enjoy playing here,” said Shirokov, who has spent much of the past two seasons living and playing in Manitoba. “I would love a chance to play with an NHL team here. I love this organization. I love this city, this rink, these fans. If the NHL comes back here, it’s going to be good for the city and good for Canada.”

Shirokov read Bryzgalov’s comments and was as surprised as many Winnipeggers.

“I don’t know why Bryzgalov said it, maybe he was a little ticked off after they lost the series,” said Shirokov, who felt maybe the netminder would reconsider if he did a little more research. “He’s a good goalie and if he had a chance to play here, I think he would if they gave him a good contract. If it’s a good opportunity and a good team, he would play here.”

Read more: http://www.winnipegsun.com/2011/04/2...loves-winnipeg

Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 3:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller View Post
LOL the broom part is hilarious hahaha

good job SKY haha that music is perfect too
Not my video but a discovery on youtube. Figured all would enjoy it here.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2011, 12:29 AM
Closed account

Here is a post from another website that someone shared on a rumor thread:

"Well Ive heard good things from the city this week. Not official just city sometimes plans things. The police and transit are planing on the spontaneous closure of p&m on Friday. So on that note if nothing changes in Glendale sounds like Fri could see our team come home. Remember the NHL is very weird with there decisions and as we all know it could change, but the city does need to prepared for those kinda things so just thought you all should know. This is the email I received from my father who works in planing and overseeing in one of these municipal services.

April 29th, mark it on your calendar...we're planning for the Portage/Main closure.

So all this deadline talk and I am assuming there is a deadline and that date is approaching soon..."

Hopefully this means that this saga will be over in no more than 6 days and we will have a team back

Old Posted Apr 24, 2011, 10:20 AM
GQMF

Not really a hockey fan (I only watch Team Canada in the Olympics) but "IF" the Jets come back I'll definitely support the club. I'll most likely end up being a hardcore Jets fan. Not good for me seeing how I'm super stressed being a hardcore Blue Jays, Raptors, Raiders and Bombers fan. Oh I'm also becoming a Vancouver Whitecaps fan. So next year I'll be watching over 300 games. Should be exciting!

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 4:35 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy View Post
On the flipside of things, today was a real crap day for Winnipeg, as every fucking Winnipeg-bashing troll came out of the wood works upon hearing Bryz comments on how he would rather play in Russia than Winnipeg, and why. Albeit he has spent no significant time to make an educated opinion on the city, it was enough to get the troll-ball rolling. Seriously, it seemed like Canadians, Americans and Europeans came together on almost every chatroom board in existance to do nothing except bash Winnipeg and Winnipeggers. We were called every name in the book, and had the book thrown at us to boot. And especially Edmontonians gloating that they will no longer be the city that players dread to move to. We took a real shit kicking today, and will likely do so for a few years yet. Apparently this is the worst city in the world with the ugliest people, worst crime, most boring city (with no parks, apparently), most evil, nothing but a pissbreak stop on the way to Calgary type city. I mean we took a SERIOUS shit kicking from North Americans and Europeans today. I'm still pissed about it, so the results from this meeting cheered me up....................a bit.
the exact reason I want our city name on the team and not 'Manitoba'...we need this team for civic pride never mind the hockey aspect of it.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 7:46 PM

!

I'm a huge Oilers fan, and I can sympathize with Winnipegers when it comes to people trashing your organization based upon the city it's located. I get incredibly pissed off when I hear these millionaires complaining about cities in Canada and how they don't want to play in them. If someone offered me 4 million dollars to play a game in Winnipeg or Edmonton, I would take it. These people don't understand how privileged they are to be playing in the NHL, making the money that they do.

Bryzgalov made Winnipeg sound like a city in a third world country. Many NHL players have made Edmonton sound like it's worse than Siberia. Heck, last summer there was a boarderline AHL player who stated that he would never play in Edmonton.

Winnipeg is a great city, and I think any NHL player who turns down an opportunity to play in a Canadian city is missing out. I can never understand why they're so willing to play FOR their country, but not so willing to play IN their country.

When Winnipeg gets their team (Coyotes/Thrashers/Someone else), I'll be happy for the city... but, being an Oilers fan, when the puck drops on the season, the rivalry will begin!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan