HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 9:12 PM

Looks like the balcony sliding doors will be replaced with bottom-to-top sliding panels, just like concord Greenhouse.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 9:47 PM

I have more of a general question. Any insight on who the general buyer pool is for these projects? Recent pricing for the Skyhouses were announced, 500 sq ft 1 beds going for 850k.

As pricing heads north of $1,500 PSF - $1,800 PSF, I can’t help but assume the buyer pool has shifted away from FTHB to more of an investor segment with more people parking their money.

Recent articles about Torontos inability to absorb new presale. On the contrary, western Canada has remained relatively strong. https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...ow-it-is-dead/

From a developer view, I know construction costs are high too, putting a floor to pricing.

I can’t help but wonder where we go from here. Are there anecdotes we can draw from other cities going from 1000 PSF to 2000 PSf and beyond?

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iopqwe95 View Post
Looks like the balcony sliding doors will be replaced with bottom-to-top sliding panels, just like concord Greenhouse.
In theory, I suppose that should be more resistant to settling of the balconies and variation in ceiling height,
depending on how the panel lock into place when fully extended.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley