Old Posted May 25, 2021, 4:30 AM
New Yorker for life

Smile NEW YORK | 112-51 Northern Blvd | 372 FT | 25 FLOORS

https://rew-online.com/green-light-f...t-hotel-tower/

Green light for new Queens apartment-hotel tower

by REW
May 24, 2021

Quote:
Fleet Financial Group, a New York-based urban development and real estate asset management company, has received approval from the New York City Board of Standards and Appeals (BSA) for Eastern Emerald, a new high-end hotel and residential development in Corona, Queens.

Located at 112-51 Northern Boulevard, the 25-story, 350,178 s/f property will rise to a height of 372 feet and encompass a full city block near LaGuardia Airport, Citi Field, Corona Park, and Flushing Bay Promenade. The residential component will include approximately 175,000 s/f on the upper levels, and the hotel will encompass 145,900 s/f. The project is scheduled to be completed in 2024. Fleet has yet to decide whether the apartments will be condos or rentals.
Quote:
Eastern Emerald will feature an open-air atrium rising through the center of the building, starting at the third level and rising to the top floor. Hotel amenities will include a ballroom, an auditorium, meeting rooms, multiple terraces, and an outdoor pool. A double height rooftop deck and bar will offer panoramic views of New York City.

The property is bounded by Astoria Boulevard to the Northeast, 112th Place to the west, and Northern Boulevard to the south. The site totals 80,000 s/f and includes more than 315 feet of frontage along Northern Boulevard, 485 feet of frontage along Astoria Boulevard, and approximately 370 feet of frontage on 112th Place.

Located at the end of the bustling Northern Boulevard commercial corridor, it is also within walking distance from the 7 train and close to Grand Central Parkway and the Whitestone Expressway.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 25, 2021, 11:23 AM
I like Skyscrapers 🏙

Nice building. But it would be better if this turns into a supertall skyscraper.

Old Posted May 25, 2021, 1:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysiri View Post
Nice building. But it would be better if this turns into a supertall skyscraper.
Too close to LaGuardia. The FAA would never allow something that tall to be built near there.

Old Posted May 25, 2021, 3:30 PM
Show me the blueprints

I love these inland Queens highrises.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted May 25, 2021, 4:04 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildThemTaller View Post
Too close to LaGuardia. The FAA would never allow something that tall to be built near there.
I’m surprised they’ve allowed anything this high that close to LaGuardia. When I lived near Kennedy, the planes always came in VERY low. Whenever I’m over there now, I’m still amazed that was a normal way if life. But maybe this location is off of flight patterns for takeoff and landing. They’ll have great views if the bay, and of the action at LaGuardia. Maybe even Citi Field.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 25, 2021, 5:09 PM
Show me the blueprints

Yeah i dont think it's aligned with the runways.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Sep 18, 2021, 5:24 AM
New Yorker for life

More looks…..

https://www.6sqft.com/25-story-high-...ort-in-corona/

Futuristic hotel/condo tower designed by a Zaha Hadid alum will rise near LaGuardia Airport

SEPTEMBER 17, 2021
BY DEVIN GANNON

Quote:
A high-rise hotel and condo building designed by a former senior architect at Zaha Hadid’s firm is coming to Queens. Located at 112-51 Northern Boulevard in Corona, the 25-story mixed-use development, dubbed Eastern Emerald, will have roughly 250 hotel rooms, 191 apartments, and a conference and performing arts center. The 370+ foot project, which will break ground this month, features a futuristic, environmentally-friendly design that will reduce carbon emissions and use clean energy for heating and cooling systems.
Quote:
Now, with the plan for a 25-story hotel-condo back on the table, a groundbreaking ceremony is scheduled for the end of the month. The building stretches a full city block and will contain a “world-class” conference center and a performing arts center, and a Japanese restaurant led by Michelin Star chef Shinichi Inoue.

Designed by SASI Studio, whose co-founder Mattia Santi formerly worked as a senior architect at Zaha Hadid, the complex consists of three towers that rise from a shared podium. It features a unique open-air atrium that runs through the core of the building to the top floor. Eastern Emerald will have a double-height rooftop deck and bar, an outdoor pool, several terraces, and other amenities.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2021, 5:29 AM

This is a pretty cool tower, and will be prominent, given the location.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2021, 5:31 AM
New Yorker for life

I only wish Long Island City could get something this nice.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2021, 1:09 PM
Show me the blueprints

Super slick

Old Posted Sep 18, 2021, 1:20 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I like it. Very excited so many projects are restarting and coming into the spot light. Q3 and now the beginning of Q4 is seeing a ton of reveals and movement. The city is really becoming awake!

Not that it wasn't active in 2020 but point is, a ton of parcels are seeing activity that were dormant Q1 to Q2 2021 and 2020 (YTD).

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals