HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted May 30, 2021, 4:48 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTBKFan View Post
Found these on Instagram, but not sure how official or final they are. https://www.instagram.com/p/CPam1QqriGo/

I would say it’s official, that’s the rendering that was floated by the developer. However, whether or not that’s what is intended to be built remains to be seen. None of the current filings show anything that could result in this buildout, or any of the other versions of the proposal shown, including the as-of-right version. And the approvals for this tower were never completed. Everyone is rushing to get approvals done before the end of the year (there will be a high turnover), so we’ll see if they return to it or not. The clock is ticking, and they’ve already started work on something.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 30, 2021, 4:50 PM
Meh

Ooh. I like that. Man, I really do. The angles, the contrast, the highlights, and the reflection. And that color. I really like it. One of Austin's new buildings - I say new, but it was finished in 2016 and was originally supposed to be a brown color similar to that. I liked it well enough then, but they changed the color to white. It's actually one of my favorite new buildings here. I probably would have liked it either way. We also have a new UT basketball arena under construction that will have similar details and coloration, and I really like it. I'm usually pretty indifferent about sporting event structures since I'm not really into sports, but I do like the look of it. It seems like that brown/copper color is sort of a thing these days. 9 DeKalb Avenue, too, has that dynamic, and I think the two will complement each other well.

Anyway, that looks really good. I'm big on facade detail and contrast as much as I am on proportions and setbacks.

Old Posted May 31, 2021, 8:09 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
It seems like that brown/copper color is sort of a thing these days. 9 DeKalb Avenue, too, has that dynamic, and I think the two will complement each other well.

Anyway, that looks really good. I'm big on facade detail and contrast as much as I am on proportions and setbacks.
They have a similar vibe going with 250 Water Street, another SOM project.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2021, 3:49 PM

Taken 6.27.21

Old Posted Jun 28, 2021, 6:31 PM
Ω

The massing reminds me of a more elegant version of 22 Bishopsgate in London.

Photograph: Hayes Davidson for The Guardian

Old Posted Aug 16, 2021, 11:38 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Aug 17, 2021, 2:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerton View Post
The massing reminds me of a more elegant version of 22 Bishopsgate in London.
I think its meant to vaguely evoke One Hanson with the multiple setbacks.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2021, 2:33 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Foundation work continues.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2021, 2:02 AM

https://commercialobserver.com/2021/...town-brooklyn/

Madison Realty Capital Provides $450M Construction Loan on Rabsky Group’s 625 Fulton Street

Quote:
Madison Realty Capital (MRC) just provided $450 million in construction debt to a Rabsky Group-led venture to finish the build out of its proposed 941-foot mixed-use tower at 625 Fulton Street in Downtown Brooklyn, Commercial Observer has learned.
Quote:
The funds will go towards the build out of a 35-story, 1,098-unit mixed-use multifamily and retail asset with two connected residential towers that sit above a five-story base at 625 and 635 Fulton Street, according to information from MRC.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2021, 2:41 AM

Noooooo

Old Posted Sep 4, 2021, 3:21 AM
DENNAB

The first excerpt made me excited, the second makes it seem like the 900 footer is being replaced by the smaller buildings which is a bit confusing.

If that's true then damn... what a shame

Old Posted Sep 4, 2021, 3:25 AM

Im so mad, i could just spit.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2021, 4:07 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

That's a ton of units. Looks in accordance with the permit filing 4 months ago.

Originally this was slated to have 902 units at 900+ ft but it looks like the up'd it (ala permit) to 1,046 units and 395 ft @ 35 floors.

Maybe they didn't want the added expense for the height. We are still getting a ton of units (more than the original) but with a shit design.

On a side note but all of that space taken up by the base. That would of been a nice area to have a taller, say Phase II portion of this project.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2021, 6:10 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post

https://commercialobserver.com/2021/...town-brooklyn/

The funds will go towards the build out of a 35-story, 1,098-unit mixed-use multifamily and retail asset with two connected residential towers that sit above a five-story base at 625 and 635 Fulton Street, according to information from MRC.

That pretty much goes along with what’s been seen in the DOB filings so far. Wasted oppurtunity. Even the as-of-right 800 footer would have been preferable.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2021, 1:27 PM

What a pity, here is yet another scam project of the usual builders unable to complete a job. Only good projects on paper and nothing more. Disappointing.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2021, 2:10 PM
BANNED

With all of the thousand footers we're getting in Manhattan, I can live with this change in Brooklyn.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2021, 2:39 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

That's how I look at it too. The one positive is the 1.098 units. It does its job from a functionality standpoint but yeah... the design and potential is rubbish.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2021, 2:49 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
That's how I look at it too. The one positive is the 1.098 units. It does its job from a functionality standpoint but yeah... the design and potential is rubbish.

If there were a switcheroo with 175 Park or JPMC’s HQ, I’d have a heart attack, but I can deal with it in downtown Brooklyn.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2021, 2:54 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky88 View Post
What a pity, here is yet another scam project of the usual builders unable to complete a job. Only good projects on paper and nothing more. Disappointing.
They’re still getting the job done, with slightly more apartments. I don’t know where the “scam” comes in. Thevtaller building never went through the approvals process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
With all of the thousand footers we're getting in Manhattan, I can live with this change in Brooklyn.
There’s only one in Brooklyn, and it could still use the company to balance it out. I’m sure something close will come, in time. But this was a wasted oppurtunity. And not speaking just strictly on height. That design is horrid.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2021, 3:01 PM

I don't get why 2/3 of every new developments in Brooklyn need a white color scheme. Talk about sterilization.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction