HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 12, 2022, 6:52 PM
A Man In Dandism

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequenosparkee View Post
Longtime lurker, happy to finally be signed up as I’m a huge development/urbanism geek and read Socketsite every day / look out for new builds on my walks around the city

Activity at 750 Florida - fenced off and sign for work through January

750 Florida project details:
https://socketsite.com/archives/2019...e-mission.html

Signs of change at 321 Florida as well, will try to snap a photo soon. They had a sign up saying that they’d be moving to Jerrold Ave (Bayview).

321 Florida project details:
https://socketsite.com/archives/2021...o-reality.html

Welcome! Looking forward to your new content!

Old Posted Aug 14, 2022, 6:19 AM

2445 16th - they had two bulldozers out gutting the building this morning; snapped this later on

Project details:
https://socketsite.com/archives/2019...e-mission.html

permits for interior renovation

Last edited by pequenosparkee; Aug 16, 2022 at 5:24 AM.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2022, 8:42 PM

Quote:
321 Florida - they had two bulldozers out gutting the building this morning; snapped this later on

Project details:
https://socketsite.com/archives/2021...o-reality.html
It's actually this one at 2445 16th - https://socketsite.com/archives/2019...e-mission.html

Old Posted Aug 15, 2022, 11:32 PM

A few shots of 1629 Market / 1 Brady from this past weekend.

Close up of the original street level facade and currently naked, but soon-to-be-installed ornamental fins there above will be added.

Looking south from the corner of Market and Brady.

Looking back and in toward what will eventually be the central courtyard/park space (just to the right of frame).

And back out from the corner of the recently completed 53 Colton. You can see the BART air shaft and vent casing center frame.

From across the street for context and scale.

Building B (where the original UA Local 38 building used to stand) looks appears to still be a big hole.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2022, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyMucho View Post
It's actually this one at 2445 16th - https://socketsite.com/archives/2019...e-mission.html
according to the SF Property Information Map, the permits for a new development have been cancelled and the current work is an interior renovation

https://sfplanninggis.org/PIM/

Old Posted Aug 16, 2022, 5:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyMucho View Post
Yep, thanks for catching that. The lot below that site is 321 Florida and no work started on that yet. There was a permit filed last month for "Temporary lateral support of excavation for new structure by means of soldier beams,tiebacks, lagging, & internal bracing." - not sure if that relates to the residential permit from 2019?

Old Posted Aug 16, 2022, 3:13 PM

1629 Market/1 Brady are looking really good! I wish they had a bit more color but I'll take a gray building with solid materials and a clean design over a really crappy building with some multicolor panels haphazardly slapped on.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2022, 3:18 AM

681 Florida

2750 19th Street

2799 24th St

1100 Potrero

Last edited by pequenosparkee; Aug 17, 2022 at 3:33 AM.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2022, 3:34 AM
Show me the blueprints

The bath and kitchen vents look like crap on those new builds, actually they look like crap on every new build. I wish someone would manufacture some sort of completely seamless and near invisible fan outlets for facades so it could stop looking like crap and f'ing them up.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Aug 17, 2022, 7:35 AM

BobbyMucho - thanks for the updates. 1629 Market+ is very disappointing to me. Another finished product that does not look like the artist rendering presented to the public originally. See the drawings at the forum dedicated to this development.

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...ht=1629+market

Old Posted Aug 17, 2022, 2:48 PM

Jerry is seems like it doesn’t have the vertical slats installed over the windows yet and so is still unfinished. I hope it gets closer to those renders!

Old Posted Aug 17, 2022, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitty View Post
Jerry is seems like it doesn’t have the vertical slats installed over the windows yet and so is still unfinished. I hope it gets closer to those renders!
whitty - then that would explain what those metal protrusions are for. Those vertical slats would make a much nicer statement. I do see that this is mentioned with the photos above.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 3:54 AM

Progress at Polk & Pacific

Old Posted Aug 24, 2022, 3:09 PM

Full article: https://sfyimby.com/2022/08/new-plan...francisco.html

Quote:
New Plans For 655 4th Street Skyscrapers In SoMa, San Francisco
BY: ANDREW NELSON 5:30 AM ON AUGUST 24, 2022

New plans have been filed for two 39-story towers at 655 4th Street in SoMa, San Francisco. The plans, drafted by architecture firm SCB, represent a significant shift from the previously-approved design by Bjarke Ingels Group for four swooping towers. Tishman Speyer is the project developer.

The two 400-foot tall towers will yield a combined 1.144 million square feet, with 1.135 million square feet for housing, 9,450 square feet for retail, and 7,740 square feet for a Privately Owned Public Open Space or POPOS. Parking will be included for 283 cars and 427 bicycles.

The new proposal will provide more dwellings, with 1,148 apartments. Unit sizes will vary with 287 studios, 415 one-bedrooms, 409 two-bedrooms, and 46 three-bedrooms. A total of 138 private balconies will be spread across the two towers.

Solomon Cordwell Buenz is responsible for the design. Renderings show the basic massing for two towers rising from 11-story podiums, divided by an open-air balcony. The project will include new trees along 4th Street and Townsend and an open-air landscaped plaza at the very corner, functioning as the project’s POPOS. Retail shops will encircle the plaza.

The architecture firm will have to contend with the Central SoMa Plan. Among the design requirements, the preliminary project application document dictates that “the Project architecture should substantially differentiate the expression of the two towers, including but not limits to height, bulk, modulation, and architectural expression… They should each add a distinct character to the skyline.”

Compare to the former Bjarke Ingels Group-designed proposal:

Undeniably a step down, but I'll wait for more detailed renders to fully judge. I'm no fan of Bjarke and his studio so I'm not mourning the loss of the old design too much, even if it was better than this massing. Mostly just hoping at least one Central SoMa tower proposal actually gets built.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2022, 3:15 PM
A Man In Dandism

^ Yeah I think this new "design" is just showing basic massing, so I don't think we can fully cast any judgements until the true design is released. Hoping to see some more traction on these past highrise proposals in Central SoMa. I wonder if the recent news about Newsom investigating SF's housing approval process is playing a factor of this proposal being revived and may bring other developers out of the woodworks as well.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2022, 5:12 PM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
^ Yeah I think this new "design" is just showing basic massing, so I don't think we can fully cast any judgements until the true design is released.
I'd have to agree. Plus the previous massing plan showing the BIG design was kind of messy. Focusing the bulk into two distinct towers will make a better project imo.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Aug 25, 2022, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Renderings For Affordable Housing At Transbay Block 2 In SoMa, San Francisco
BY: ANDREW NELSON 5:30 AM ON AUGUST 25, 2022

New renderings have been published for the Transbay Block 2 affordable apartments in SoMa, San Francisco. The plans will create 334 new homes, split between two structures, the family and the senior housing buildings being developed respectively by Mercy Housing and the Chinatown Community Development Center.

Transbay Block 2 will yield a combined 315,180 square feet with 334 homes spanning 216,100 square feet, 4,720 square feet for retail, and 5,080 square feet for childcare facilities. Of the 334 homes, there will be 52 studios, 190 one-bedrooms, 55 two-bedrooms, and 37 three-bedrooms. Parking will be included for 136 bicycles.

Transbay 2 East will create 183 affordable homes dedicated to family households. The 17-story building will be developed and owned by Mercy Housing with architectural design by Kennerly Architecture & Planning. The homes will offer a range of affordability for households earning 20% to 80% of the Area Median Income.

The existing 0.98-acre site occupies a third of the former Transbay Bus Terminal. Now, the site is a community space dubbed the Crossing at East Cut. Block 2 is currently occupied by a community room, surface parking, a children’s play area, and a dog run.

CCDC has confirmed with YIMBY that construction is expected to start on Transbay Block 2 West by 2024, depending on the availability of state funding through the California Debt Limit Allocation Committee.

Full article:
https://sfyimby.com/2022/08/renderin...francisco.html

Looks solid to me, very nice design. This would cover the eastern third of the former temporary Transbay Terminal site, with frontage on Folsom, Main, and Beale. While it would be a great location for some more height, the transbay plan was pretty clear about where the tall buildings go and where the shorter ones will fill in the gaps.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2022, 3:49 PM
A Man In Dandism

^ Thanks. I went ahead and created a new thread for it as well:

SAN FRANCISCO | Transbay Block 2 | 181 FT | 17 FLOORS

Old Posted Aug 29, 2022, 1:10 AM

Saw some activity on Capp off Cesar Chavez the other day but couldn’t find an active permit for construction on that block…

Old Posted Aug 30, 2022, 11:16 PM
A Man In Dandism

Quote:
Saw some activity on Capp off Cesar Chavez the other day but couldn’t find an active permit for construction on that block…
Haven't heard of this one but looks like some nice solid infill.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations