HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Dec 26, 2013, 1:06 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

i cant imagine the edison lots around w17th will take until the early 2020s to be redeveloped??

night shots from last week

Old Posted Jan 21, 2014, 10:34 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

i talked to an hvac guy working on 461 w14, the shoppe bldg under the highline at 10ave replacing the exxon station. he said it was delayed due to sandy and problems pouring the basement. his complaint was too tight workspace.

Last edited by mrnyc; Jan 21, 2014 at 11:02 AM.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2014, 10:54 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

digging away for this washington st mini-tower between dvf and the standard hotel:

Old Posted Jan 21, 2014, 10:58 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

lots of work here, the ground floor revealed and its looking great. another adjimi home run.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2014, 6:29 AM

Beautiful building. Really love this part of the city.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2014, 9:33 PM
Metal Up Your !

Reminds me of a chopped and twisted Hancock Tower. I like it.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2014, 4:20 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 540 West 21st St | FT | FLOORS

Atlantic Foundation sells West Chelsea property for $50M
Julie Strickland January 31, 2014 05:45PM

From left: Denham Wolf Real Estate’s Stephen Powers and 540 West 21st Street

Quote:
Nonprofit feeder fund the Atlantic Foundation, founded by an heir to the Johnson & Johnson fortune, has unloaded a High Line-adjacent site for $50 million.

Foreign real estate investor Uri Chaitchik’s Casco Development Corp. purchased the property, Crain’s reported. Located at 540 West 21st Street, near the West Side Highway, the property hit the market in October and was expected to fetch around $45 million at the time.

“This is one of the few tower sites in a neighborhood where residential space is commanding prices close to $3,000 per square foot,” Powers told Crain’s.
Denham Wolf Real Estate Services’ Paul Wolf and Stephen Powers represented the Atlantic Foundation in the sale.

Nonprofit gallery and studio space Eyebeam, which is currently located on the site, is getting $8 million from the proceeds of the sale to help pay for a new space in Brooklyn, Crain’s reported.

The site is currently [zoned for] a 70,000-square-foot, 250-foot tall building, but could house a property up to 100,000 square feet in size if additional air rights are arranged.

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Feb 2, 2014, 4:10 PM

New York = Architect's paradise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
lots of work here, the ground floor revealed and its looking great. another adjimi home run.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 1:54 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 837 Washington Street

I can't get enough of this one!

As of February 12th, 2014...

©field_condition on Instagram

Old Posted Feb 17, 2014, 7:56 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 40-56 10th Ave | FT | FLOORS

BSA takes plans for High Line tower down a notch
Gottlieb failed to get zoning variance for building at 40-56 Tenth Avenue
Angela Hunt February 17, 2014 02:09PM

Rendering of 40-56 Tenth Avenue

Quote:
After going four rounds with the Board of Standards and Appeals over zoning laws, developer William Gottlieb Real Estate has scrapped its original design for a commercial tower to be built near the High Line.

The building Gottlieb planned to put up at 40-56 Tenth Avenue in the Meatpacking District was 34 percent bigger than zoning laws for the area permit, according to the New York Observer. Gottlieb had sought a zoning variance because building a smaller tower might not be profitable given the expense of building on sand instead of bedrock.

Although the building — dubbed “Solar Carve” by its Chicago-based architect, Jeanne Gang — was designed to block as little light and views from the High Line as possible, some residents were against the variance. Gottlieb is still seeking height and setback variances in the modified application, according to the article.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2014, 11:15 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

i had the magic hour on the highline, so as of today

Old Posted Feb 25, 2014, 11:23 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

almost forgot the bigger news, highline hq, connected to the new whitney, looks open or very close to open

Old Posted Feb 27, 2014, 5:44 AM
BANNED

I noticed that the base on that twisty thing is particularly ugly. I don't see a reason to maintain historical buildings when they are architecturally a void of nothing when the newbuilding wold have looked far better without it. It just looks wrong, despite the un-politically correct nature of my thoughts. The clash of color and materials is just jarring.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2014, 11:30 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
I noticed that the base on that twisty thing is particularly ugly. I don't see a reason to maintain historical buildings when they are architecturally a void of nothing when the newbuilding wold have looked far better without it. It just looks wrong, despite the un-politically correct nature of my thoughts. The clash of color and materials is just jarring.
there would be no bldg without the base. developers are supposed to maintain the context of the meatpacking district. morris adjimi is particularly expert at that. i would say give it more of a chance, just wait until its cleaned up and opened before judging. or maybe that wont matter to you, some people just dont care for historical facade saves around new construction and i understand that, it can seem ridiculous. personally, i think this is a great one.

that said, the developer of 860 washington, kitty corner to adjimi's twisty, tore down the meatpacking warehouse and that upcoming mini-tower will be all new build. so you will get your preference just across the street. then soon enough we will be able to directly compare what approach looks better!

Old Posted Mar 2, 2014, 5:13 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

lots going on around the high line this winter
now every single open lot adjacent to it is active

Old Posted Mar 4, 2014, 8:34 PM

^What's under construction in that last picture? I tried searching but don't know the address of that parking lot.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2014, 3:51 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 511 West 23rd St | 17 FT | 1 FLOOR

HL23′s former “sales tin” space under the High Line will finally get an art gallery
By: Joyce Chen MARCH 5, 2014

Quote:
A block-through slice of land underneath the High Line at 23rd Street is finally getting developed.

511 West 23rd Street, adjacent to Neil Denari’s HL23 condo project, will sprout a one-story art gallery. The 17-foot-tall building will measure 8,475 square feet, according to the plan exam application filed today. Bronx-based Kevin Byrne is the architect of record.

The site, now vacant commercial land, has hosted HL23′s “sales tin” and a series of pop-up exhibitions. One of the sponsors of the architecture/fashion-themed pop-ups was Alf Naman Development, which is now developing the art gallery. The company helps to “preserve and create large-scale gallery spaces” in West Chelsea, according to the firm’s website.

The 50′ by 197′ lot first went on the market in 2010 with an asking price of $6.75 million, Curbed reported. The site is located right by a High Line staircase for increased visibility, according to the Brown Steven Harris listing. The property at 506-511 West 23rd traded to Alf Naman via High Line Partners LLC for $5.786 million in 2013, public records say.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2014, 4:03 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 505 West 19th St | 120 FT | 10 FLOORS x2

High Line-Hugging Condos at 505 W. 19th Now Up For Grabs
Wednesday, March 5, 2014, by Jessica Dailey

Quote:
A lot of details and quite a few renderings have already been revealed for Thomas Juul Hansen's first ever ground-up luxury residential project, and now the condos in highly anticipated development at 505 West 19th Street are officially on the market. The project consists of a pair of 10-story buildings that hug the High Line with a shared lobby located beneath the elevated park. The west building holds just eight units—six full-floor homes, one duplex townhouse, and one duplex penthouse—while the east building has 27 units, with four on most floors, and the top two floors each have a penthouse. Currently, the website shows just five listings, all of which we already knew the pricing for. The least expensive is a 1,071-square-foot 1BR/1.5BA asking $2.24 million, while the most expensive is the fifth floor unit in the west building, a nearly 3,000-square-foot 3BR/3.5BA listed for $7.4 million.

Current Progress:
Quote:
Official website: http://505w19.com/

Old Posted Mar 6, 2014, 5:39 AM

Quote:
lots going on around the high line this winter
now every single open lot adjacent to it is active

[/URL]
What's going on at this site?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2014, 11:15 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

^ good question. it was to be a robert am stern development, but now i'm not sure what is going on and what it will be.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development