HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

The Spiral in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 14, 2021, 4:08 PM
New Yorker for life

^ Yeah, it's amazing what has been done over there. Even more amazing when people realize that things didn't actually stop during the pandemic. It's like the city continued to build itself while everyone was sleeping. There was always more to the Hudson Yards than what people originally perceived as the Hudson Yards. Now, when they return, they'll see that there's actually a city being built over there. Much more to come.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO1orlApdBo/

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 15, 2021, 4:23 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; May 15, 2021 at 4:43 PM.

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 12:58 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 4:20 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

it may be weak on the spiral, but up close it is high on the quality.

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 11:28 AM
I like Skyscrapers 🏙

Wow just look how close 50 Hudson Yards glass are to the top.

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 4:52 PM

I find myself being a bit disappointed that all these HY towers are so close together. I mean, the assemblage is impressive, but they kind of blunt each other’s impact.

Old Posted May 22, 2021, 12:17 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: FC

Old Posted May 22, 2021, 3:51 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drcastro View Post
I find myself being a bit disappointed that all these HY towers are so close together. I mean, the assemblage is impressive, but they kind of blunt each other’s impact.
That’s because of the zoning. They placed the largest of the towers around the subway station, which makes sense. But it doesn’t make for great skyline impact, especially because the rezoning was meant to accomodate behemoths with large floor plates. Added to that is the fact that you have these big boys rising at the same time (imagine if 3 Hudson were rising as planned). But I still believe it will balance out more when phase 2 is built, and the towers to the north begin to fill in. 30 Hudson will still struggle to keep it’s head above water.

All that being said, it’s nice when you can complain about too many big buildings in one area. Many people would be ecstatic to watch just one rise.

Old Posted May 22, 2021, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
That’s because of the zoning. They placed the largest of the towers around the subway station, which makes sense. But it doesn’t make for great skyline impact, especially because the rezoning was meant to accomodate behemoths with large floor plates. Added to that is the fact that you have these big boys rising at the same time (imagine if 3 Hudson were rising as planned). But I still believe it will balance out more when phase 2 is built, and the towers to the north begin to fill in. 30 Hudson will still struggle to keep it’s head above water.

All that being said, it’s nice when you can complain about too many big buildings in one area. Many people would be ecstatic to watch just one rise.
I gotta say.. WOW!

Was at the Javits a few weeks back.. the wall of supertalls looked freakin awesome!!

Old Posted May 25, 2021, 12:04 AM
New Yorker for life

^ Awesome and amazing the amount of construction that went on over there, and that is to come.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...?adppopup=true

Old Posted May 28, 2021, 2:14 AM
New Yorker for life

Always have to remind yourself that these towers will be pushed into the background by a second phase...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPZdlu8A3NX/

Old Posted May 28, 2021, 10:39 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted May 29, 2021, 4:12 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted May 29, 2021, 4:56 PM

It will be kinda sad when that view of ESB is blocked by 2MW.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2021, 12:03 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jun 2, 2021, 12:42 AM
Meh

Am I the only one that feels like this area of Manhattan is the Canary Wharf of New York? It sort of has that dynamic with the rest of the skyline, no?

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jun 2, 2021, 1:15 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Am I the only one that feels like this area of Manhattan is the Canary Wharf of New York? It sort of has that dynamic with the rest of the skyline, no?
It's been compared to that before. I feel like when it's built out more, and other developments are built out (Penn Station towers, PA Bus Terminal towers), there will be less to separate it from the rest of the evolving skyline. That second phase is going to be something to see rise.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2021, 3:07 AM

Wasn’t I the first one to stick up for this building when everyone was trashing it during the rendering/model stage of its development. I feel vindicated.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2021, 3:50 AM

Canary Wharf is a separate, self-contained district miles from London's core. Hudson Yards is a neighborhood within Midtown Manhattan.

Maybe Jersey City or downtown Brooklyn are closer analogues to Canary Wharf, but it still isn't a great comparison, IMO. If you had a new highrise neighborhood built in Maspeth, Queens, or the Meadowlands, that would be a U.S. version of Canary Wharf.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2021, 12:38 PM
I like Skyscrapers 🏙

Wait, is this building’s height 1,031’ or 1,041’?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive