HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Nov 14, 2022, 10:57 PM
New Yorker for life

Smile NEW YORK | 410 Madison Ave | FT | FLOORS

Finally, some movement on this site JP Morgan Chase acquired a few years ago.

Whatever the plans, it will be small scale, especially compared to the new JPMC headquarters, which it will be in the shadow of.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2023, 3:16 PM
New Yorker for life

https://www.cb5.org/cb5m/calendar/20...on-environment

Quote:
LAND USE, HOUSING & ZONING
Wednesday, January 25th, 2023, at 6:00pm
Video Conference

JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. and The Vestry of St. Bartholomew’s Church in the City of New York are seeking a certification pursuant to 81-642 to facilitate the transfer of 13,000 sf of unused landmark floor area from St. Bartholomew's church, which would facilitate a new 121,000 sf, commercial development, which is being sought by a private applicant at 410 Madison Ave in East Midtown, Community District 5, Manhattan

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2023, 3:24 PM
New Yorker for life

Curious to see what’s going on here. Obviously it won’t be large, but there will be new buildings on 3 of the 4 corners here, likely 4 if the fourth wasn’t landmarked.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2023, 3:50 PM

Great news. Glad this is moving forward.

While the square footage will be limited, it could be quite tall, given the tiny footprint and the huge ceiling heights for new construction trophy office space.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2023, 4:23 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Great news. Glad this is moving forward.

While the square footage will be limited, it could be quite tall, given the tiny footprint and the huge ceiling heights for new construction trophy office space.
I was always curious about what Chase wanted with that small site, but I guess 270 just couldn’t fit everything. This site is about half that of 415 Madison, going up across the street. And that one will have about twice the amount of space, so it fits. I wonder if they will have Foster design this modest addition as well.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2023, 4:31 PM
BANNED

I wonder if JPMC will also take space at 415 Madison and/or 341-347 Madison. It will have a nice campus. Madison Avenue, moreover, was the home of this guy (or at least his library).

Old Posted Jan 20, 2023, 6:31 PM
Ω

Elegant. I like the terracing.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2023, 6:39 PM
New Yorker for life

I’m not sure if Chase will take space at 415 as well, but I do know they had a hand in granting the air rights for it. It wasn’t clear what the reasoning for it was at the time, but maybe they will occupy that one also…

Old Posted Jan 20, 2023, 6:47 PM
BANNED

I really hope that 425 Madison is redeveloped. It's hideous.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2023, 6:49 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
I really hope that 425 Madison is redeveloped. It's hideous.
Add it to the collection here…

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=253345

Old Posted Feb 7, 2023, 4:49 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Feb 7, 2023, 12:43 PM
BANNED

I’m glad that there are no present plans to develop this. I hope that JPMC acquires the rest of the block and redevelops the whole thing. The five-story eyesore in the middle of the block is an abomination per se.

A hotel for JPMC employees would be nice in this location.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2023, 2:15 PM
New Yorker for life

It’s where they’re putting the remainder of their air rights. The site can still be enlarged (as part of an assemblage), but at present JPMC has no (announced) plans. The building currently is a construction office. Either it’s part of a future expansion plan, or they will sell it. Which would make you wonder why it was purchased in the first place.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2023, 2:17 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
It’s where they’re putting the remainder of their air rights. The site can still be enlarged (as part of an assemblage), but at present JPMC has no (announced) plans. The building currently is a construction office. Either it’s part of a future expansion plan, or they will sell it. Which would make you wonder why it was purchased in the first place.
I suspect that they will try to acquire the whole block. Other than 410, the rest of the block is an eyesore.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals