HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 21, 2022, 6:25 PM

Talking

If you want to see all the projects and building proposed, approved, and in review in west palm beach

here they are in this video from the city
West Palm Beach Projects

Skip to 18:34 (that's when they start talking about the building projects)

Old Posted Oct 22, 2022, 12:27 AM

Beautiful updates! I'll add the missing towers via the video and I'll also put in "The Contemporary"

Old Posted Oct 22, 2022, 1:42 AM

Ritz-Carlton West Palm Beach

https://1717northflagler.com/

From this image and the change.org link, I can assume it's probably correct or close to correct for the building height and floors.

https://www.change.org/p/against-new...ion=topic_page

The original project's website allows you to write a letter to the city for support of the project.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2022, 6:12 PM

I think i know why "One West Palm" is taking longer than expected, apparently they added 4 extra stories so it now going to be 34 stories instead of 30, according to baker construction

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/baker...member_desktop

Old Posted Oct 29, 2022, 6:16 PM

So now "One West Palm" is going to be 434 feet tall

Old Posted Nov 5, 2022, 8:10 PM

Billionaire Greene reveals plan for 38-story project in West Palm Beach
https://www.bizjournals.com/southflo...y-project.html

Quote:
Greene plans to build taller, skinny towers and leave much of the land open. The first three towers would be 38, 32 and 26 stories, Greene said. There would be two or three more towers after that, he added.
The first building would likely be near Flagler Drive and 23rd Street.
Greene said the open space on his property would serve as an extension of Currie Park.

Greene plans to build 2,000 to 2,500 residential units and some commercial space on the property, which he said is consistent with current zoning. The biggest changes he needs from the city are the height increase and the design style.
The commercial uses could include a food court and basic consumer services, Greene said. He’s been in talks with grocery stores about the property, but not sure one would offer enough rent to justify the prime location.

Developers of One West Palm

Old Posted Nov 6, 2022, 2:47 AM

finally... he's actually planned these towers years ago

Old Posted Nov 9, 2022, 5:36 PM
BANNED

Old Posted Dec 13, 2022, 9:31 PM

Here a construction update on the 350 tower

Old Posted Dec 13, 2022, 9:33 PM

here a construction update on 575 Rosemary (looks like their moving pretty fast)

Old Posted Dec 22, 2022, 7:08 PM

Olara - Approved.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2022, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles1800 View Post
From the information I've gathered, the reason west palm beach doesn't build past 450 feet is because of the height restrictions, zoning regulations, and the pushback from some of the residents. West palm beach has had some great skyscraper projects proposed, but since the majority of the city and the surrounding area is made up of old and elderly people, they tend to oppose tall buildings, because in their words " we don't want to become another Miami". This is why most of these projects are not well favored by some of the community.
It's practically next to impossible to build what Miami is building since Downtown Miami is about 7 miles from it's airport compared to 3 miles from downtown WPB to PBI. It makes a lot more sense to impose reasonable height limits in downtown WPB for the same reason that downtown Boston has height restrictions for the very same reason: proximity to the airport!

The height restrictions on Miami, Ft Lauderdale, and Tampa makes no sense since by the time a jetliner reaches those downtowns, it's already above about 10K ft in the air and if we're going to build something that tall, which I don't see happening until the year 2500, Miami, Ft Lauderdale, and Tampa can afford to build 1K+ supertalls in their downtowns since the runways aren't parallel going directly into their downtowns. Let's hope for the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoic View Post
Yup, there's a lot of pushback on height. At least it isn't palm beach, they have one of the worst height restrictions. Though WPB had been trying to raise height limits at least.
PB is like that because it's always been a wealthy enclave, so they have a lot of power and a lot of say. I wouldn't change PB, though, it's a very nice town and it's nice that WPB is at least trying to raise it's height limits, albeit WPB has to do it with more sense due to the proximity of the airport.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2022, 2:19 PM

Ah well, WPB was stuck forever around 330. Although the skyline looks a little funny now with the new tallests on the periphery of the CBD.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2022, 10:10 PM

ya i think that's why downtown cant build past 330 feet but the CMUD district can build around 390 - 400 feet

Old Posted Jan 2, 2023, 3:35 AM

how come the city allowed one west palm? isn’t it like 426-460 ft tall? i understand the city made jeff add stuff to his buildings but why would they even allow that much height? i heard west palm point was gonna be 30-sum stories but the city turned it down cause of the height so the devs made it 24. i also understand the “zoning districts” i guess but it’s just annoying when i see a new building render and it’s just 25 stories or less lmao. im young so i just want my city to go up XD

Old Posted Jan 30, 2023, 8:47 PM

Old Posted Mar 13, 2023, 3:07 AM

Exclusive: Firm of Dolphins billionaire owner Ross, partners plan mixed-use development at Reflections office park
https://www.bizjournals.com/southflo...fice-park.html
Quote:
The Related Cos., led by billionaire Miami Dolphins owner Stephen M. Ross, and partners Wexford Real Estate Investors and Key International are working on plans for a mixed-use project at a West Palm Beach office park.
The developers, through affiliate KWR WPB Australian Ave LLC, paid $35 million in early 2022 for the Reflections office park. It consists of 116,627 square feet of offices on 5.2 acres at 400 and 450 S. Australian Ave., plus the 0.53-acre parking lot at 1010 Clearwater Place.
In August, the city approved a rezoning of the Reflections site from “commercial planned development” to “Clearlake District." The property is on the east side of the lake, about four blocks west of the Brightline passenger rail station.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2023, 9:53 AM

Steve Ross’ Related plans more office towers in West Palm

Stephen Ross’ Related Companies plans a pair of towers at The Square mixed-use complex in West Palm Beach. The projects would mark the firm’s seventh and eighth office buildings in downtown, as it bets on an influx of businesses to the area.

Related wants to build the East Tower and West Tower, each with 430,000 square feet of office space, on the northeast corner of South Rosemary Avenue and Hibiscus Street, according to the company’s website and an application filed to the city. The projects would replace the AMC West Palm Beach 12 at 545 Hibiscus Street, and the closed Brio Italian Grille at 550 South Rosemary Avenue.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2023, 10:03 AM

303 Banyan Boulevard has finished construction it is now called Anya apartments

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 7:42 PM

Richman Group of Florida plans 23-story apartment tower in West Palm Beach

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations