HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Sep 12, 2022, 6:46 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWalk99 View Post
Hello,
If anyone is interested in me posting some screenshots I too have made some Google Earth polygons of all the current projects that I know of. They are all "hand drawn" on keyboard and mouse using site maps for reference (so they are a bit crude when compared to the others posted). But I did just add the new hemisfair hotel based on its site plans.
Bring 'em on!

Old Posted Sep 12, 2022, 8:18 PM

***Test***

These first two only show the projects that know of that are either under construction or at the very least being site prepped. I did include the Hotel Sul Fiume only because I was totally unsure of its current status and thought that area looked good with some more infill.

These other two include all of the somewhat hypothetical projects that I know are either up in the air or are still in preliminary stages. I based most of the heights / exact locations on the renderings shared.

I will gladly post more angles and even change the color of polygons to make them more discernable if anyone wants!

Last edited by CWalk99; Sep 12, 2022 at 8:31 PM.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2022, 9:14 PM
JACKinBeantown

Nice! I think 300 Main will be slightly taller... enough the break the horizon on the second one. Frost is 386 feet, and it will supposedly be 400.

What's the one on the left foreground near La Villita in the first render?

Old Posted Sep 12, 2022, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Nice! I think 300 Main will be slightly taller... enough the break the horizon on the second one. Frost is 386 feet, and it will supposedly be 400.

What's the one on the left foreground near La Villita in the first render?

Thanks,
You're likely right on that one, I believe I rendered it at a height of 387 feet based on the rendering submitted to the city, but I have also heard it could be more in the 390's depending on the roof.

So the lighter-colored in the foreground is supposed to be that new 10-story Hotel (Kimpton brand I think) had a hard time drawing it due to the shape. The darker one a little above that would be the St John Square apartments

Old Posted Sep 13, 2022, 12:21 AM
JACKinBeantown

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 3:45 AM

Added the Dream Hotel/Riverplace

Some fantasy mockups in place of surface lots in case some billionaire developer happens to be browsing this and wants to see some potential lol.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 11:53 AM
JACKinBeantown

San Antonio 2040!

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 6:58 PM
Christopher

CFrancis75LovesSAFC!

These pictures are very Awesome! You(theOGalexd) should send these pictures to https://westonurban.com/ , so Weston Urban can get some good ideas of what to develop in the downtown landscape.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2022, 1:47 AM

Quote:
San Antonio 2040!
Fingers crossed! I have a good feeling that the Floodgate and 300 Main could very well be a catalyst for some more high rise residential projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDF@1975 View Post
These pictures are very Awesome! You(theOGalexd) should send these pictures to https://westonurban.com/ , so Weston Urban can get some good ideas of what to develop in the downtown landscape.
Appreciate it! I know Weston Urban owns a ton of the lots on the west side of DT north of the Frost Tower. Not sure what they have planned but hopefully more high rises! I didn't put any massings there just cause I wanted to see what it would look like with taller infill on the surface lots immediately downtown.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2022, 8:50 PM

Uploading some renders that include the new Hemisfair residential tower proposal (per Jacks request).

Last edited by CWalk99; Oct 11, 2022 at 9:23 PM.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2022, 8:52 PM
JACKinBeantown

^^ (like button)

Old Posted Oct 11, 2022, 11:32 PM

Nice! Those are a lot more detailed than my polygons haha. These buildings are gonna fill in that gap nicely. Curious to see what the other residential building is going to look like.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2022, 11:28 PM

This is much more a doodle I did out of boredom rather than an actual building render, but this is something I was wanting to do as a sort of progress indicator for what we are seeing on the webcam. I tried making the floor spacing / count as accurate as possible with an Apple Pencil but hopefully this can visualize what we have left to go. At the current rate of floors being added I really think this could be topped out within a year!

Old Posted Nov 6, 2022, 1:14 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWalk99 View Post
This is much more a doodle I did out of boredom rather than an actual building render, but this is something I was wanting to do as a sort of progress indicator for what we are seeing on the webcam. I tried making the floor spacing / count as accurate as possible with an Apple Pencil but hopefully this can visualize what we have left to go. At the current rate of floors being added I really think this could be topped out within a year!

I've been looking at the webcam daily and imagining the same thing. Thanks for putting this together.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 9:45 PM
JACKinBeantown

^^ I think it may even appear a little taller from that angle. The distance from the webcam (on University Hospital at 903 W Martin. St.) to 300 Main is slightly more than the distance from the webcam to Frost, but Weston Centre is a greater distance farther.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Un...!4d-98.5015692

So if this is actually 400 feet it will appear about as "tall" as Frost in that view, which is approximately the same as Weston.

To see what I mean, scroll your the image up or down in your browser and see where the tops of the buildings hit the edge of the screen. I think they will all pretty much line up, as Weston and Frost already do..

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 11:08 PM

Quote:
^^ I think it may even appear a little taller from that angle. The distance from the webcam (on University Hospital at 903 W Martin. St.) to 300 Main is slightly more than the distance from the webcam to Frost, but Weston Centre is a greater distance farther.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Un...!4d-98.5015692

So if this is actually 400 feet it will appear about as "tall" as Frost in that view, which is approximately the same as Weston.

To see what I mean, scroll your the image up or down in your browser and see where the tops of the buildings hit the edge of the screen. I think they will all pretty much line up, as Weston and Frost already do..
Yeah I mean that is definitely something that I thought about and considered , I really only drew it as an approximation and trying to the get exact number of floors (while having a similar spacing between them all). It’s kind of tricky for me to visualize it given the perception of the angle. From what I’ve heard / looked at this building is essentially the same height as the frost at its peak but I wanted to not make it appear exactly the same since 300 mains roofline was shown as 375 feet

Old Posted Nov 21, 2022, 1:09 AM

Wanted to try posting a few more Google Earth polygons on here since I had added a few new projects in (San Pedro creek area and the pearl). A lot of these are without site plans and I have to freehand them so please excuse some of the jaggedness and also any blur.

Last edited by CWalk99; Nov 21, 2022 at 1:30 AM.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2022, 5:14 AM

Nice job! Being able to see the depth of the buildings versus a giant square from the google earth polygons makes all the difference.

The Hemisfair tower is gonna fill in that gap looking from the north nicely.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2022, 12:56 PM
JACKinBeantown

They look great!

Old Posted Nov 21, 2022, 5:51 PM

^^^ Thanks y'all !

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio