HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Apr 7, 2021, 6:49 PM
James

^^^ I'm a fan. We need more mixed-income housing to prevent people from becoming victims of gentrification.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2021, 7:51 PM
Registered User?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
I also live in Lavaca and don't oppose the new development. From an urban planning standpoint, the density makes sense and we need to build more mixed-use structures towards Cesar. it's more sustainable for the environment to build up in such a centrally located neighborhood. I get wanting to save the administrative building, but the building serves no real purpose. Build a community center on the ground floor and then build up. We need amenities in this area and we don't have anything. We need a pharmacy, a small grocery store, more food options that aren't the expensive restaurants on Alamo. They could easily enforce a developer to build with the facade of the admin building intact. But we need to not pretend it's historical.

Side note, what kind of design are you working on?
It's an adaptive reuse project for the administration building there (repurposing into a community center, which was its original function). Not the most exciting structure, but I do think it could be made into a nice amenity for the community.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2021, 11:53 PM
James

That sounds awesome! If you're allowed to share it here eventually, I bet everyone would love to see it!

I think it would work as a community center then build on top of the structure.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2021, 6:23 PM
Registered User?

I'd be happy to do so!

Old Posted Feb 24, 2022, 9:19 PM

San Antonio Project Roadmap

https://www.expressnews.com/projects...-construction/

From the Alamo Plaza and Lone Star Brewery redevelopment to much needed highway expansions and the Spurs’ swanky new training digs near La Cantera, here's a look at where major construction projects stand.

There's lots of good links to stuff mentioned.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2022, 3:37 PM
JACKinBeantown

At the beginning of this thread is a great map and list of projects, but it hasn't been updated since 2014. Is there an updated list somewhere?

(The above article "San Antonio Project Roadmap https://www.expressnews.com/projects...-construction/ " is nice, but it's not comprehensive.)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio