Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 11:24 AM
BANNED

Nice job!

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 6:36 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKD View Post
Posting some of my work here for those that aren't on other platforms.

Original Image by NewYorkCity76 on YIMBY

Love it! A worthy neighbor to Chrysler.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKD View Post
Posting some of my work here for those that aren't on other platforms.

Original Image by Justin Terveen on Flickr

Original Image by NewYorkCity76 on YIMBY

Original Image by Peter Moy on Flickr
Nice job!!

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 9:24 PM

Those renderings are incredible.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 7:15 PM

^^^^

i know i said i was tired with the blue glassed facades but this is a bit much

Old Posted Dec 26, 2022, 6:47 PM
New Yorker for life

I feel like we don't talk about this enough, the fact that there could be some units as large as 4 bedrooms on the upper floors, residential space that's not technically residential space...

Meanwhile, I'm expecting that Blackstone will be the signature office tenant here, if they sign before anyone else does...

Quote:
https://therealdeal.com/2022/03/25/b...ove-expansion/

Blackstone again weighing Manhattan HQ move, expansion
Firm looking for 1.5M sf after 345 Park Avenue spread: Bloomberg

Holden Walter-Warner
March 25, 2022

The private equity firm is seeking 1.5 million square feet of office space, people familiar with the matter told Bloomberg. The company is weighing options that include a move to another building in the city, or redeveloping a building to create the space.

Last year, Blackstone signed a deal to expand at the office by 80,000 square feet, bringing its total at 345 Park to 720,000 square feet. The firm also extended its lease for an additional year, through 2028.

Quote:
https://commercialobserver.com/2022/10/rxr-rechler/

BY CATHY CUNNINGHAM
OCTOBER 25, 2022

Are you in talks with any potential tenants yet?

We are, and we don’t even deliver it until 2029! When you think about companies that want to be in New York or who are already here today and are looking for the home of their future, there’s been a lot of interest from those tenants in 175 — and we’re talking to some interested in taking 1 million-plus square feet. But I can’t say who they are, for now.

Quote:
https://nypost.com/2022/10/29/why-ny...ice-space/amp/

Why NYC companies are betting on big office space

By Lois Weiss
October 29, 2022

TF Cornerstone is planning a jumbo 2 million-square-foot tower at 175 Park Ave. with offices and a Hyatt brand hotel. Brokers say Blackstone is contemplating 1 million square feet of its glass and steel space.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2022, 7:01 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

^ well, that is most certainly a get that would err, get this magnificent tower built sooner than later.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2022, 2:37 AM
New Yorker for life

DECEMBER 26, 2022

A look at the area around the Hyatt (no longer the Grand Hyatt) in the months leading up to its closing. And a look at the landmarked viaduct which may one day become a "High Line" in east Midtown.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2022, 2:40 AM
BANNED

Ideally, this will close in a few months.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2023, 7:53 PM
New Yorker for life

There has been some talk of this building overwhelming, and even covering up the Chrysler Building. That talk will only increase once this building is rising, and starts to approach the Chrysler Building in height. But that's not completely accurate. 175 Park Avenue will indeed dwarf the Chrysler Building, but the Chrysler will still stand as an icon of New York skyscrapers, probably even more so as it stands next to its much larger sibling. One thing the Empire State and the Chrysler have on the newcomers is decades of existence as skyscraper icons known around the world. The new 175 Park Avenue is one that looks to keep that tradition alive.

One thing about the new building, not only will it open up the area around Grand Central, but it will also create "space" near the Chrysler (on the open plazas), where now the Hyatt has just a sheer wall.

JANUARY 14, 2023

Old Posted Jan 15, 2023, 8:22 PM
BANNED

“Mr. Rechler: Tear down this [crap]!”

Old Posted Jan 16, 2023, 4:50 PM
New Yorker for life

These aren't new renderings, or the most "recent". We've seen the first one more often. But you can see the small differences in the proportions from the model.

The renderings have a smaller proportioned crown. (Renderings from The Boundary )

Old Posted Jan 16, 2023, 4:54 PM
BANNED

Old Posted Jan 16, 2023, 6:34 PM
Show me the blueprints

I find the crown on the model to be more graceful. The rendering crown seems a bit truncated. I hope they'll be going with the elongated version.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jan 16, 2023, 10:00 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
I find the crown on the model to be more graceful. The rendering crown seems a bit truncated. I hope they'll be going with the elongated version.
Yea, though IMO too much crown could be overwhelming. The last occupied floor would probably be higher too. Though I wonder if the crown will have light shows.

I'm going to be beyond thrilled if this happens, that area of midtown is going to be insane in 5-10 years.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2023, 10:10 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
The renderings are a bit dated (2021), but are closer to the current version of the tower than what we saw during the initial approvals process. As always, the design is subject to alterations here or there.

Anyway, I came across this interview with RXR's Rechler, providing the first rendered view of the updated base design that I've seen (besides the model). This building will be iconic on all levels. My only complaint is that it isn't being built already. They need to close that hotel today!

https://www.leadersmag.com/issues/20...chler-RXR.html

Creating Places and Building Communities
An Interview with Scott Rechler,
Chief Executive Officer and Chairman, RXR

Quote:
Will you highlight RXR’s portfolio and current development projects?

On the office side of the business, there is clearly a demarcation of which buildings are going to be competitive post-COVID and which will not. I call this commercial real estate’s Kodak moment – you have digital, and you have film – you want to invest in the digital.

For example, we are now investing in a project called 175 Park with our partner, TF Cornerstone, where we own the air rights over Grand Central Terminal, and we are going to build a state-of-the-art, fully electric 2.8 million-square-foot office building with a hotel at the top.

Even in this period of economic uncertainty, it is so interesting to see company after company approaching us about space in this new office building, even though it will not be available until 2029/2030. This will certainly be a special building that will have a major impact on New York City.

We recently began the development of a $4.8 billion airport terminal at JFK International Airport. We put this deal together during the uncertainty of COVID, but we always believed that air travel to and from New York City would continue to do extraordinarily well, so building a world-class airport terminal that we will own for 40 years is something that we are very excited about.

We are also focused on opportunities where we are repurposing competitively obsolete product. Whether it’s office buildings, hotels, malls, or surface parking lots – we’re buying these properties at a price that allows us to transform them to much better use, such as housing. We just bought an old mall in White Plains at a price where we will be able to tear down the mall and build over 800 residential units a block away from the train station. This is a good example of where we had an opportunity to transform a mall that had been vacant for almost two decades into something that will be a great asset for the city’s downtown. We were able to capitalize on this project because the price was right, and the municipality and the state offered the right incentives to help make the economics work.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2023, 10:13 PM
BANNED

This is a golden age for NY.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2023, 1:26 AM

That base! Can't stop looking at it. Magnificent.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2023, 3:35 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

the base of this magnifcent tower is off the charts beautiful.

and its for the public.

all that base are belong to us.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2023, 4:55 AM
Show me the blueprints

Its hard to tell from those renderings but it does appear that fluting detail has been dropped where the columns converge at the base.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals