HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Jan 29, 2017, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
975 W Wilson - Clayco is proposing building with 147 apartments
Cedar St is no longer trying to develop this lot? I really liked their proposal for the site: http://www.uptownupdate.com/2015/09/...on-wilson.html

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy34 View Post
Cedar St is no longer trying to develop this lot? I really liked their proposal for the site: http://www.uptownupdate.com/2015/09/...on-wilson.html
Cedar street hasn't built anything from the ground up. I wonder if they just want to stick to rehabs.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 12:17 AM

Loving the Clayco proposal, hope it gets approved and built soon.

BTW, anyone know what's going on with the Gateway Project in the IMD? We've heard nothing for months.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 12:06 PM
Ascension

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Small Updates:

They were doing soil testing the other day in the parking lot at the Southwest corner of Armitage and Milwaukee for that TOD proposal this week.

The condo midrise on Grand just East of Milwaukee is now under construction with Revcon rigs going full bore. I believe this will have a tower crane.

Only the furthest South building of the Megamall remains and they are starting to bite into that.

Milwaukee avenue is insane right now, it's literally one project after another all the way from Diversey down to Halsted.

Also, just received notice that Sergio and Banks is proposing to replace the entire 4200 block of Belmont with ELEVEN 6 flats and one nine unit building. They are also proposing to build another nine unit building on the corner of Kildare and Melrose. They are also also proposing building one more six flat at 3202 N Kildare. Absolutely insane size of a development for that far west, but that is already a surprisingly dense area with many courtyard and commercial apartment buildings in the area West of Pulaski and North of Belmont.

In addition to that, there is an 18 unit building proposed for the lot at 3729 W Belmont. There is ALSO yet another building with 9 units proposed for the vacant lot across the street at 3720 W Belmont.
I work in this building. Not at Family Dollar but inside the office building (4220) itself. I haven't heard anything about this happening. But the Party Store is closing and they recently put in a mattress store that used to be a Pay/Half. But if a Family Dollar, an auto parts store, and a closing party store bites the dust, so be it.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 2:01 PM
Show me the blueprints

^What was that building originally? Looks like a small factory.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 2:13 PM

The Western - January 29th

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 2:15 PM

Centrum Bucktown (606) - January 29th

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 2:16 PM

Mega Mall - January 29th

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 2:18 PM

LG Wicker Park (1647-55 North Milwaukee) - January 29th

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 2:38 PM
Ascension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
^What was that building originally? Looks like a small factory.
From what I know, it was built in 1937, it was a small textile factory of some sort, and is very haunted.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 2:41 PM
The City

^ Got any ghost stories?

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 3:13 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by killaviews View Post
Cedar street hasn't built anything from the ground up. I wonder if they just want to stick to rehabs.

Speaking of Cedar and new construction: Is Cedar the developer of that proposed ~15 story tower wedged in between the Bush Temple and the new Mormon Church currently under construction? Anybody know what's going on with that proposal? Haven't heard a peep about it in some time....

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 3:18 PM
Ascension

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
^ Got any ghost stories?
Almost daily, I see 'shadow people' walking to and fro. Almost always out of the corner of my eye. Always never more than half a second but enough for me to look up from my computer thinking that I saw someone but no one is never there.

I usually get here at around 5:30 am or so (just so I can watch Netflix and drink coffee on the roof). The basement runs the length of the entire block from Family Dollar to Bargain in the Box. During that cold snap in December, I got here early at work (I was the only person in the building as no one gets here until around 8:30 - 9:00 am. I was on the computer minding my own, when I heard a woman scream bloody murder. It was a shriek more than a scream and it was from inside of the building. Trust and believe that I looked EVERYWHERE. I walked the length of the basement, went in and out of all the offices here (there's maybe 5 occupied offices out of maybe 13) and no one was here. It didn't come from outside, on the street or anything. So I come back inside my office and just ignored it. About 30 minutes later, I hear a little boy/young man say 'HEY' loud enough for me to hear it. I look and look and no one could be found. I walk to the basement (where Bargain in the Box stores all their stuff) to look around and no one was there. I go into the creepy sub basement and it had to have been maybe 30 degrees colder than everywhere else (our building has a brand new furnace so it stays pretty toasty all the time here). Nothing is ever in the sub basement but the feeling that I got just from being there told me to get out.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebirch View Post
The Western - January 29th
What a sight to see. Backed up right against the platform and filled to the lot line. Boom.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post
Speaking of Cedar and new construction: Is Cedar the developer of that proposed ~15 story tower wedged in between the Bush Temple and the new Mormon Church currently under construction? Anybody know what's going on with that proposal? Haven't heard a peep about it in some time....
I assume they are finishing the restoration/conversion of the Bush Temple before moving to the tower addition?

It also might make the most sense to wait for the Mormon project to wrap up next door.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 5:11 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJXN View Post
Almost daily, I see 'shadow people' walking to and fro. Almost always out of the corner of my eye. Always never more than half a second but enough for me to look up from my computer thinking that I saw someone but no one is never there.

I usually get here at around 5:30 am or so (just so I can watch Netflix and drink coffee on the roof). The basement runs the length of the entire block from Family Dollar to Bargain in the Box. During that cold snap in December, I got here early at work (I was the only person in the building as no one gets here until around 8:30 - 9:00 am. I was on the computer minding my own, when I heard a woman scream bloody murder. It was a shriek more than a scream and it was from inside of the building. Trust and believe that I looked EVERYWHERE. I walked the length of the basement, went in and out of all the offices here (there's maybe 5 occupied offices out of maybe 13) and no one was here. It didn't come from outside, on the street or anything. So I come back inside my office and just ignored it. About 30 minutes later, I hear a little boy/young man say 'HEY' loud enough for me to hear it. I look and look and no one could be found. I walk to the basement (where Bargain in the Box stores all their stuff) to look around and no one was there. I go into the creepy sub basement and it had to have been maybe 30 degrees colder than everywhere else (our building has a brand new furnace so it stays pretty toasty all the time here). Nothing is ever in the sub basement but the feeling that I got just from being there told me to get out.
Dude you're freaking me out!

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 8:26 PM
you know where I'll be

^ No kidding. That would have been my last day working there. Not necessarily a ghost believer....per se......just the same, no thank you....,

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 8:29 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by r18tdi View Post
I assume they are finishing the restoration/conversion of the Bush Temple before moving to the tower addition?

It also might make the most sense to wait for the Mormon project to wrap up next door.

True.....seems like the Bush renovation is dragging on.....don't remember exactly when work kicked-off, but at least feels like quite a while ago.....anyone have intel on when the apartments are expected to open?

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 8:53 PM

U.S. Steel picks buyer for massive South Works site
Quote:
By ALBY GALLUN

A Spanish housing developer and partner are buying the massive South Works steel mill property on Chicago's south lakefront, where the venture plans one of the biggest residential developments in the city's history, with as many as 12,000 homes.

A joint venture between Barcelona Housing Systems and WELink has emerged as the winner bidder for the long-vacant site, which spans 430 acres from 79th Street to the Calumet River, according to people familiar with the property.

The venture agreed to buy the land from U.S. Steel, which put the parcel up for sale last summer after pulling the plug on a development proposal there conceived by Chicago developer McCaffery.

The firms plan to develop the site in four phases of 3,000 homes each, according to the Barcelona Housing Systems website. The companies have developed a type of modular housing that's inexpensive and affordable, a potential plus on Chicago's South Side, where incomes are lower than they are in other parts of the city.
The Chicago project will follow a concept based on the city of Barcelona, according to the Barcelona Housing Systems website. The plan will allow "the land use to be optimized for infrastructure and improving the quality of life; it will allow residents to enjoy this new 21st Century urban planning concept, with extensive green spaces, sustainable internal mobility, high use of renewable energies, common social areas, digital urban and community processes, urban vegetable gardens, etc.," the site says.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 8:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy34 View Post
U.S. Steel picks buyer for massive South Works site
http://www.barcelonahousingsystems.c...080-lakeshore/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development