HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted Apr 29, 2021, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
Portillos!!!!!

Seriously, I'm shocked O'Hare doesn't have one.....
This plus a Harold's Chicken. CFA can FO.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2021, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
yeah, a portillo's at ORD could print its own money.
While this is very true, I have a hard time thinking about people eating Italian beef sandwiches dripping with au-jus and giardiniera while waiting to board their flight back to Dallas. . .

And not to get far too off topic, but I personally get the Italian beef/sausage combo dry - with both the au-jus and giardiniera on the side - as well as melted cheese (for dipping of course). . . I cut the sandwich in half and garnish each bite with the appropriate amount of sauce/peppers which prevents whatever I'm wearing that day from looking like Hiroshima when I'm done eating. . . not sure the average tourist pressed for time at O'Hare is going to heed the same level of attention required to keep from making a mess. . . [/mytwocents]

. . .

Old Posted Apr 29, 2021, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom In Chicago View Post
While this is very true, I have a hard time thinking about people eating Italian beef sandwiches dripping with au-jus and giardiniera while waiting to board their flight back to Dallas. . .

And not to get far too off topic, but I personally get the Italian beef/sausage combo dry - with both the au-jus and giardiniera on the side - as well as melted cheese (for dipping of course). . . I cut the sandwich in half and garnish each bite with the appropriate amount of sauce/peppers which prevents whatever I'm wearing that day from looking like Hiroshima when I'm done eating. . . not sure the average tourist pressed for time at O'Hare is going to heed the same level of attention required to keep from making a mess. . . [/mytwocents]

. . .
I go for the hot dogs.... and the CHOCOLATE CAKE. Who doesn't want to bring that onto a plane ride and enjoy with a cocktail mid-flight? I know I would...

Seriously though, if you can have a McDonalds at the airport, you can do a Portillos (if we are talking about food quality here). Shitty food doesn't have boundaries that stop at airport terminals.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2021, 6:20 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom In Chicago View Post

. . .
Just provide Portillo's bibs like the lobstah places in Boston! Problem solved.

Also lots of folks get hot dogs or burgers at Portillo's, so it's not just beef.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation