HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Mar 11, 2024, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownpdx View Post
Ha! Yeah my excitement in seeing this diminished when I saw the competition.. although who am I to say since I've never visited these museums.
Sounds like maybe a pay to play article.

Is there any expansion to the museum itself with the development proposal?

Old Posted Mar 18, 2024, 11:05 PM

There will be a online presentation tomorrow at 12PM about the proposed Center for Tribal Nations.

Quote:
The Center for Tribal Nations is a mixed-use development that aims to leverage the redevelopment of the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) masterplan to establish a collaborative partnership between Native and non-Native organizations, Tribal and non-tribal governments into an integrated project that will restore Native peoples' connection to the Willamette River and address challenges of sustainability, resilience and inclusion.

In celebrating diverse perspectives the Center for Tribal Nations emerges as a place where stories are shared, cultural education thrives, and community strength subtly becomes an integral part of a project that strives for regeneration indigenous knowledge. Together, we embrace the power of collective voices, fostering a project that stands as a symbol of inclusivity, and collaboration, much like the delicate beauty found in the art of basketry.

The Center for Tribal Nations will consist of two high rise towers resting on a podium that contains a Urban Ceremonial Grounds, a Conference Space, Native Food Hall, Cultural/Art Workspaces, and a Central Utility Plant (CUP) serving the OMSI district. Each tower will have a different function with one tower as Hotel/Hospitality/Multi-Family Housing and the second tower will be a Workplace/Clinics/Medical and Social entrepreneurial spaces.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Mar 18, 2024, 11:08 PM
Mostly Up To Code

Whoa that render looks incredible!!

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:50 AM

Portland City Council accepts $500K grant to revitalize Eastbank Crescent

by: John Ross Ferrara
Posted: Apr 24, 2024 / 02:04 PM PDT

Screen Shot 2024-04-24 at 9.46.17 PM by Ryan Miller, on Flickr

Quote:
PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — The Portland City Council unanimously approved a $500,000 grant from Oregon Metro Wednesday to fund the groundwork for restoring the Eastbank Crescent waterfront property located between the Hawthorne and Marquam Bridges.

The project aims to restore the riverbank’s natural environment and create a space for the future development of a waterfront park on the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry property. OMSI Real Estate Vice President Preston Greene said that OMSI plans to support the city’s plans for the riverbank.
continues:https://www.koin.com/local/multnomah...cent-04242024/

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:53 PM

I googled eastbank cresent and this is what I found.

https://greenworkspc.com/ourwork/eas...ortland-oregon

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:25 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopdx View Post
I googled eastbank cresent and this is what I found.

https://greenworkspc.com/ourwork/eas...ortland-oregon
That would be a lot better than what is there now.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:23 PM

No doubt this is an improvement, but it's sad that this is the discussion we're having about revitalizing east bank. Would love to see a much more ambitious vision for this area.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamUrbanist View Post
No doubt this is an improvement, but it's sad that this is the discussion we're having about revitalizing east bank. Would love to see a much more ambitious vision for this area.
Portland and ambition go together like lamb and tuna fish.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamUrbanist View Post
There can be a fine line between ambitious and realistic. This is a very beautiful upgrade to that area of the east bank and being located right beside OMSI will likely make this a very popular spot, rather than a pass through. I personally like this plan and hope the ambition get focussed on the east side of the freeway with the OMSI district coming to fruition. I feel if we want ambitious plans for everything, we will continue to see these and other projects fall flat. It's not a great time for a lot of ambition in the development world if you want something to actually happen.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Portland and ambition go together like lamb and tuna fish.
Apparently you've never tried Charred Lamb Tonnato with Mint Salad.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland