HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography

Old Posted Sep 9, 2014, 12:30 AM
Old Fart Forumer

Kind of a crazy question, but how do I save a screen shot from Google Street View?

Please forgive my ignorance, I'm just a grumpy, feeble, old man.

##### Disregard, I figured it out #####

Retired, now Grandpa Daycare

Last edited by Ex-Ithacan; Sep 9, 2014 at 10:48 PM.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2015, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@ptor View Post
Just when you thought they couldn't make Flickr any worse than after the previous changes, they somehow manage to change it for the worse once again

What an absolute mess...
OK I was wondering about this, can anyone help? -- my PC crashed a month ago so I got a Mac. I'm using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer since Macs don't allow it, and I can't post an image now from Flickr to My City Photos. I'm right-clicking on photo but "Copy Image Location" doesn't appear. Also tried just clicking the image icon above the message box, which allows me to post photos from elsewhere but not from Flickr. All my photos are public on Flickr too.

Are there new requirements for this I haven't seen or read? It was working fine with it on IE a few months ago. Help!

Old Posted Feb 26, 2015, 10:38 PM
Klatuu Barada Nikto

On the Flickr photo page, just below and to the right of your photo, there should be an arrow pointing right. Click on that, and then click "BBCode".

Select the image size ("Large 1024 x ..." recommended), then copy the code and paste it into your post.

Make sure you're logged into Flickr first, too.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2015, 10:54 PM

Awesome, thanks Daveography! I'm relieved, thought they weren't allowing photos to be posted. It's actually much easier now too. Thanks again.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2015, 10:58 PM
Klatuu Barada Nikto

^ You bet! I've stuck with Flickr through all their changes and still find I like it the best despite how clumsy they can be sometimes.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2016, 5:11 AM

best thing about flickr is their groups and community

Old Posted Jul 23, 2016, 5:19 AM

oooops

Old Posted Jul 29, 2016, 5:17 PM

So I've been without a decent camera for several years now, and that was just a PnS. I'm ready to jump in to something a bit more advanced. I'm looking for something smallish (the whole 'the best camera is the one you have on you' thing), a movable screen would be nice, and WiFi transfer to a phone is also an intriguing option.

I'm looking at an entry-level mirrorless, and I'm hoping for thoughts. I like to shoot landscapes and macro (though I know I'll need to at a true macro lens at a later date - looking for something that'll give me good bokeh). Here's what I'm considering:

Olympus OM-D E-M10

Olympus E-PL7 (PEN)

Samsung NX3000

Panasonic DMC-GM1KD

I'd also considered a Sony Alpha. The a5000 is in my price range, but I'm looking to get it by next week and Amazon (who I'd like to stick with for Prime-related reasons) is showing they 'usually ship in 1-2 months'.

Thoughts? Concerns? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

-RBB

Old Posted Aug 23, 2016, 6:55 AM

I had few question about photography. Since I am very new to this I have realized that my passion lies in this field. I am little bit hesitant to share the pics I have clicked as the above pics are just awesome. I want to initiate learning from babies. I have seen many photos of babies on net and want to get excellence in clicking the awesome one. But I have no idea about angle, edges etc. I started with few photo contest pics and checked few from http://www.babynology.com/photo_contest/, if mine are better than those. But didn't come to any conclusion since those pics are much better I guess. I have D3100 Nikon please get me some idea.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2016, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBB View Post
So I've been without a decent camera for several years now, and that was just a PnS. I'm ready to jump in to something a bit more advanced. I'm looking for something smallish (the whole 'the best camera is the one you have on you' thing), a movable screen would be nice, and WiFi transfer to a phone is also an intriguing option.

I'm looking at an entry-level mirrorless, and I'm hoping for thoughts. I like to shoot landscapes and macro (though I know I'll need to at a true macro lens at a later date - looking for something that'll give me good bokeh). Here's what I'm considering:

Olympus OM-D E-M10

Olympus E-PL7 (PEN)

Samsung NX3000

Panasonic DMC-GM1KD

I'd also considered a Sony Alpha. The a5000 is in my price range, but I'm looking to get it by next week and Amazon (who I'd like to stick with for Prime-related reasons) is showing they 'usually ship in 1-2 months'.

Thoughts? Concerns? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

-RBB
Yes, none of those cameras is likely to give you good macro capabilities with those kit lenses. You will want a specialize macro lens if you are really serious about macro.

You buy your first camera, what you're really choosing is the system. M4/3, Samsung, Sony, what system you like? Which lenses interest you most?

For macro, you might also want to consider a camera body with a fully rotating LCD screen like Olympus EM5 MkII.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 5:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doady View Post
Yes, none of those cameras is likely to give you good macro capabilities with those kit lenses. You will want a specialize macro lens if you are really serious about macro.

You buy your first camera, what you're really choosing is the system. M4/3, Samsung, Sony, what system you like? Which lenses interest you most?

For macro, you might also want to consider a camera body with a fully rotating LCD screen like Olympus EM5 MkII.
Thanks for the response. Re: the systems, I really don't know. I understand the M4/3 is the most popular and has the greatest variety of lenses, but if I can get a camera with the larger APS-C sensor, I should go with that right?

-RBB

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 8:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBB View Post
Thanks for the response. Re: the systems, I really don't know. I understand the M4/3 is the most popular and has the greatest variety of lenses, but if I can get a camera with the larger APS-C sensor, I should go with that right?

-RBB
I also use a point and shoot, and the m4/3 sensor is already more than 6 times larger than my camera's sensor. APS-C is 7 times, 8 times? I don't think it should affect your choice.

I think the biggest difference with sensors is the aspect ratio: 4:3 vs. 3:2. Personally, I don't think I would like working with 3:2, and if I have to crop then all those extra megapixels would go to waste anyways.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2016, 6:00 PM

OK yeah, I know. Still haven't bought that camera. I will by tomorrow though if all things go well. I'm looking at deals for a couple of cameras now,.

Several places are offering the Canon Rebel T6 with an 18-50mm lens plus a 300mm zoom lenses for $450. I'm also seeing several deals for the Sony a5000, occluding one with an 18-50mm lens plus a 75-210mm lens for just under $500. Neither has the macro lens is hoped for but both are good bargains.

What do you guys think? I really like the idea of the more compact Sony, but it seems accessories for it are a lot more. The Canon will be bulkier but should have a ton of stuff available for less, plus more used options.

I am indecisive.

-RBB

Last edited by RBB; Nov 27, 2016 at 6:45 PM.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2016, 5:22 PM

Or maybe an SL1 plus a WiFi SD card? Amazon has a deal similar to the T6, but with the SL1 chassis for $500. The only thing it's missing that I'd want is built-in wireless transfer.

EDIT - ended up pulling the trigger on the SL1. I'll find an Eye-Fi card or something similar later.

-RBB

Last edited by RBB; Nov 28, 2016 at 5:54 PM.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2017, 1:29 AM

I use Canon 5D Mark III's with an array of Canon L lenses.
16-35 f/4 L IS
17-40 f/4 L
24 TS-E Tilt/Shift
24-70 f/4 L IS
24-105 f/4 L IS
70-200 f/2.8 L IS Mark II
70-200 f/4 L IS
100 Macro L IS
100-400 L IS

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography