HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography

Old Posted Feb 22, 2009, 4:49 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyi View Post
I used to say that I would love to be reincarnated as a spoiled dog until I saw my own dog eating cat poop.
I don't think much about being a dog anymore.
You do have a point there.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2009, 6:00 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

Quote:
Buddy's a Shih Tzu rescued from the dog pound. We keep his hair cut fairly short. None of that long, high maintenence hair with the clips and barrets and crap. He doesn't like to be brushed at all.
I generally try to get mine in before it gets out of hand, but sometimes we wait a bit too long.

I guess I will post the results of my dad trying to save a buck.

Doesn't she look pleased? It lasted a couple hours, I took her in later that day to get her done properly.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2009, 11:50 PM
Closed account

My dog went crazy today, she found a mouse in the house and has been chasing it. I found my trap but it was broken so I went out and got some new ones. I set one but didn't catch the little sucker yet. Then the pup found the mouse again then she comes into the livingroom where I was at the time and here she has the mouse on her back. Then the mouse jumped off of her back and the little buggar is still at large.

And my cat is sleeping in the bedroom not paying any attention to what was going on.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2009, 11:59 PM
Bah!

Get a Boston Terrier.....The worlds best mousers.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2009, 12:04 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Get a Boston Terrier.....The worlds best mousers.
Like I need another dog and like I can afford another one.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2009, 4:42 PM
Closed account

I caught the little sucker in the trap. I hope I don't have more then one but time will tell when I reset the trap.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2009, 12:59 AM

My BT Oscar

He is a little thief

He has mad ups

Old Posted Mar 5, 2009, 2:03 AM
Bah!

^I love the first picture.

I had a BT for 11 years. They're great dogs.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2009, 10:00 PM
Closed account

Well my 13 month mini schnauzer pushed her luck today with me. While I was out running some errands she pawed at the door and it lifted the carpet. And I couldn't get the door open. And this is the only working entrance in the house right now. Good thing I had my cell phone on me. I called my sister and she came over with a utility knife and she was able to cut the carpet enough to get the door open. Needless to say she was free today.

Old Posted May 30, 2009, 12:53 PM

Old Posted Jun 6, 2009, 9:18 AM
Meh

So we had to bury my brother's dog today (Friday).

My brother's Dalmatian, Penny, who we've had since she was a puppy, died today. She was 13. My brother's 25 now, and he got her when he was just 12, I was 16. Since my brother moved out into a duplex, he hasn't been able to have his dogs with him. So I've been taking care of them. Tuesday, I gave her a bath and washed out her kennel. Then Wednesday night I went to let her out so she could go outside to go pee and poop. She wouldn't get up. So we called my brother over. I got her out and she walked around a little outside, but something was definitely wrong with her. She wouldn't eat her food, which was really the first real sign something was wrong. Dalmatians have crazy appetites, so you know if they don't want to eat that they're not well. Despite being a medium sized breed, they're very muscular dogs, and pound for pound are very strong. Anyway, she wouldn't eat. Thursday we took her to the vet to get her checked out. Basically they said her kidneys were failing. So we got her some anti-biotic, an IV drip for fluids, and some Zantec, because the vet said she likely was ulcerated. The vet said she didn't think she'd make it. Yesterday afternoon we came home and she had passed away. My brother and I buried her Friday afternoon at my mom's house.

She was officially my brother's dog, but I had always loved her like my own. We had so much fun playing with her. She was coolest dog. I can't believe she's gone. We lost my dad to colon cancer in 1998, and Penny was the last pet we owned that had known him. My brother says that with Penny gone, the last bit of his childhood is gone now.

Penny, chilling on the bed with my cat, Mittens. Mittens is gone now too. He died 3 years ago next month. Penny and Mittens were pals.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jun 6, 2009, 2:18 PM

Sorry to hear that Kevin... dogs give us so much joy and love while they are with us, but it is very sad when they're gone. 13 was a nice old age for a dog. 13 years of happiness and a lifetime of memories always outweighs the few days of mourning. RIP Penny.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2009, 5:58 PM
Bah!

Sorry to hear about Penny, Kevin. I know exactly what it feels like to loose a dog. Hope you and your bro are doing OK.
This subject has been crossing my mind alot lately. My dog had his tenth birthday this year (well, we THINK it's ten, since he was a pound dog, the vet only could guess at his age. Personally, I think he's older) but just since December he has aged quite a bit. He went completely deaf just before Christmas, his eyes are getting cloudy and he has a hard time seeing at night. Now it looks like he's getting arthritis in his front legs and has a hard time on stairs and even just lying down is tough. We used to go on up to four or five long walks EVERY day. That's now been cut down to maybe two or three short walks, depending on how he's feeling. Sometimes, just by how he's acting, it looks like he's just plain confused and gets quite crabby which is something he never was before. Then again some days he acts like a puppy but I know what lays ahead so we'll make his last months (who knows, maybe years) as comfortable as possible.

It looks as if Penny had a damn good life.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2009, 7:18 AM
Meh

Thanks guys. We're alright. My brother, his wife and my nephew, along with my sister and her boyfriend and my niece came over today and we had a barbecue and hung out and played the Xbox.

Losing someone like her who has been such a good part of your life for so long, then suddenly losing them is tough. Having a pet in your adult life is one thing, time flies when you're older. But when you're young time seems to pass slower. Having a pet from your childhood live into your adult years and then having it pass away makes it feel like they've been there longer. I do alright except when I'm not busy and end up thinking about her and it hits me that she's gone. It's like being in a fight, and when you're not thinking about it you're doing ok. But then you remember again and it's like getting hit in the head again.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jun 14, 2009, 9:00 PM
So very tired...

Stable Dog, Stonecountry Farm, Leduc County

Last edited by bulliver; Jun 21, 2009 at 4:46 AM.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2009, 3:37 AM
Chillin' in The Burgh

Some dog pics I've taken:

Old Posted Jan 10, 2010, 11:14 AM
Meh

Cold weather sucks, dogs rock.

The dogs and the cat have been using their beds lately with the cold weather.

Butters, Sophie and Lacy.

Butters and Charm.

Lacy. She's 10 years old, but she doesn't have a clue that she is.

Sophie.

My nephew River hanging out with Lacy. My dogs worship my niece and nephew.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jan 10, 2010, 3:59 PM
Bah!

^ I love seeing spoiled, four-legged "kids".

Thanks for bringing back this thread, Kevin. As many of you know, since I last posted in this thread we lost Buddy, our beloved constant companion. It was way worse than I thought it would be. It took a long time to get past losing him. But it was a bad year for both of us, Kevin since I know you lost a dog and a cat.

Here is Buddy a few days before we had to put him down. (I have a hard time looking at these pictures without getting teary-eyed, he looks so much worse than I remember, now that I look back on it. I guess you never want to admit that they are slipping away):

But, of course, life goes on and we now have a new child (Sally) in our lives. Like Buddy, she was rescued from the pound. She's so completely different than Buddy it's scary, and at first we didn't know if we could handle her, but now that we're getting used to her endless energy, she's become a real member of the family too.

Playing with her "cousin", Lily, visiting from Michigan:

Virginia's neice, Abbie, with Sally and Lily in "jail".

Last edited by rockyi; Jan 10, 2010 at 4:41 PM.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2010, 5:25 PM
Look up, Waaaaaay up

Here are some shots of my buddy Morley.

Half Golden Retriever and Chow Chow.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2010, 5:50 PM

So far this is the best one.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography