HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography

Old Posted Mar 6, 2009, 4:48 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarMike View Post
About 24 hours ago, Wilson's Daddy (me) was not too thrilled, either. I've always been a dog person, and this is my first cat. I adopted him from a shelter at my local Pet Smart about seven months ago. He's turned into a real good pet and is way easier to take care of than all my previous dogs were and I love him very much.

However, Wilson has acted kind of funny three different times since being adopted. A friend of mine who knows way more about cats than I do came over Thursday and told me what he thought Wilson's "issue" was. I didn't believe my friend at first, so I took Wilson back to my vet, who has already seen him twice since I got him last August.

The vet confirmed that my friend was right.

"Wilson" is a female, and not the neutered male his paperwork said he was supposed to be. And she's in heat.
I'm not upset that Wilson is a girl instead of a boy. I was, however, upset that I thought I adopted a neutered cat, and now "she" will have to be spayed.

To their credit, the shelter that adopted him out is making things right and they did it without me even asking. Within five minutes of my calling them, they had set up an appointment to have Miss Wilson fixed and they are paying for it.

My neighbor, who is feeding Wilson while I go out of town this weekend, laughed hysterically when I told her, "Guess what I found out today? Wilson is a lesbian."

Daddy's butch little girl.

At any rate, the look on my face when I found all this out yesterday, was about the same as the look on Wilson's face in the photo I posted above. BTW, I'm not changing "her" name. I'll just call her Miss Wilson from now on.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2009, 2:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olga View Post
Great picture

Old Posted Mar 7, 2009, 3:06 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarMike View Post
About 24 hours ago, Wilson's Daddy (me) was not too thrilled, either. I've always been a dog person, and this is my first cat. I adopted him from a shelter at my local Pet Smart about seven months ago. He's turned into a real good pet and is way easier to take care of than all my previous dogs were and I love him very much.

However, Wilson has acted kind of funny three different times since being adopted. A friend of mine who knows way more about cats than I do came over Thursday and told me what he thought Wilson's "issue" was. I didn't believe my friend at first, so I took Wilson back to my vet, who has already seen him twice since I got him last August.

The vet confirmed that my friend was right.

"Wilson" is a female, and not the neutered male his paperwork said he was supposed to be. And she's in heat.
I'm not upset that Wilson is a girl instead of a boy. I was, however, upset that I thought I adopted a neutered cat, and now "she" will have to be spayed.

To their credit, the shelter that adopted him out is making things right and they did it without me even asking. Within five minutes of my calling them, they had set up an appointment to have Miss Wilson fixed and they are paying for it.

My neighbor, who is feeding Wilson while I go out of town this weekend, laughed hysterically when I told her, "Guess what I found out today? Wilson is a lesbian."

Daddy's butch little girl.

At any rate, the look on my face when I found all this out yesterday, was about the same as the look on Wilson's face in the photo I posted above. BTW, I'm not changing "her" name. I'll just call her Miss Wilson from now on.
My cats in heat too except I have to pay to get her fixed... Ahh! It drives me crazy when she's meowing at night and won't shut up!

Old Posted Mar 7, 2009, 3:27 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks0o01 View Post
My cats in heat too except I have to pay to get her fixed... Ahh! It drives me crazy when she's meowing at night and won't shut up!
I talked to one person who used to throw their cat in a tub of water when she got so bad. She said the cat was too busy licking herself dry then.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2009, 6:04 PM

This can go on forever...

Old Posted Mar 11, 2009, 5:49 AM
Look at me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olga View Post
This can go on forever...

That's genius! I love your cat! I love your photos! I love y.....err nevermind!

Old Posted Mar 11, 2009, 7:59 AM
Registered Loser

^i already asked olga to marry me in one of her photo threads.

she never responded.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2009, 10:37 PM

Clelie, she's no longer with me, but I hope is still alive somewhere as she just disappeared one day. Anyway I adopted her when my friend moved and couldn't have pets in her new apartment. She was a stray from NYC Far Rockaway neighbohood. While my friend was visiting her mother's home in New York she fell in love with this cat and named her Cleopatra (how she come up with Clelie for short I can't answer that) So she flew Clelie back to Los Angeles, and until she disappeared the cat has resided in Manhattan Beach, and finally with me in Long Beach, CA.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2009, 4:59 AM
Look at me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLA View Post

I love this cat!

Old Posted Mar 19, 2009, 11:46 PM

[QUOTE=ChrisLA;4140390]Clelie, she's no longer with me, but I hope is still alive somewhere as she just disappeared one day.

I hope she is OK. It is a terrible thing when a pet disappears.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2009, 5:05 AM
¥ ¥ ¥

No we didn't actually get my cat high.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2009, 6:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLLB View Post
I hope she is OK. It is a terrible thing when a pet disappears.
Me too, thanks

I also have another cat name Brandy that was born with no tail. I'll have to post a picture of her later. She's one of those lap kitty's, and loves lots of attention. A person cannot sit down long before she's trying to jump in your lap. This is with visitors at my home too.

Since I'm not into giving her that kind of attention. She will sneak up on me when I'm taking a nap in my recliner. If I'm not paying attention, like talking on the phone. Before I know it I have a cat sitting on me, and then I have to almost peel her off of me. One of the strangest cats I've ever had.

She also hates being outside, and will whine as if someone is torturing her if you put her outside. I don't think I've ever seen a cat that does not like to got outside every once and a while.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2009, 6:29 AM
Closed account

That sounds like my last cat I had a while ago about loving attention and was extremely friendly too. The calico I have now only comes when she wants attention. Most of the times shes in the bedroom sleeping.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2009, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Me too, thanks

I also have another cat name Brandy that was born with no tail. I'll have to post a picture of her later. She's one of those lap kitty's, and loves lots of attention. A person cannot sit down long before she's trying to jump in your lap. This is with visitors at my home too.

Since I'm not into giving her that kind of attention. She will sneak up on me when I'm taking a nap in my recliner. If I'm not paying attention, like talking on the phone. Before I know it I have a cat sitting on me, and then I have to almost peel her off of me. One of the strangest cats I've ever had.

She also hates being outside, and will whine as if someone is torturing her if you put her outside. I don't think I've ever seen a cat that does not like to got outside every once and a while.
I am envious! Chloe and Kramer are affectionate but not quite to that extent.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2009, 12:05 AM

I just came in and sat down at my computer, and guess who has jumped on my lap. I forgot to mention, she also likes to sit in my lap when I'm busy at my PC. She knows the exactly when I will allow her bug me.

Last edited by ChrisLA; Apr 13, 2009 at 7:18 AM.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2009, 12:19 AM

My cat Brandy

Of course you can't see it in this photo, but she has no tail.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2009, 1:06 AM
Closed account

Quote:
My cat Brandy

Of course you can't see it in this photo, but she has no tail.

She's beautiful.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2009, 3:58 PM
Jeepus Africanus

Nap time for the little guy.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2009, 2:18 AM
So very tired...

This is my cat Zion. I picked him and his brother up from the SPCA about 8 years ago. Sadly his brother died of cancer this last year.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2009, 4:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulliver View Post
This is my cat Zion. I picked him and his brother up from the SPCA about 8 years ago. Sadly his brother died of cancer this last year.

Great shot. I love his colours.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography