HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 8, 2015, 3:05 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
It certainly is.

So much so it was already posted the same day several posts [ < than 4 hours ] before above your post.

Not to be an ass but yes it is impressive. And I am glad more people are getting the wave feeling that's going on with the hotel situation right now.

Before the Crash of 2007 we had multi high end hotels in the pipeline like the shangri la hotel Chicago going down with the now changed waterview tower. Others on Michigan Ave died too at that point to than if I recall. The recovery from the Bush depression has been improving since 2012 but the hotel end of the deal has been delayed enough that at least 3 speculative high rise office buildings are already under deep construction and high rise condo/rental on wolf point.

We have seen a lot of new hotels on line in the last year like Virgin and other similar small boutique ~ 200 room higher end hotels open in the last year or so.

But to really grab and absorb the new massive market share as we have already seen 3 times this year by now, I would like to know when and when, yes I meant when and when, don't even really care location if it is at least in the loop, river north, lakeshore east, I don't care.When is The next hotel grand opening going to take place.

When will the next golden shovel move some earth for a camera to send to the next hotelier blog?

I don't care if it is low star rated or upper crust hotel. But with all of this supposed hotel construction going on and coming on line at some point could someone create a hotel construction, photo, info link to keep this issue addressed.

With all of the office high-rises going on line I think most of all of these 10's of thousands of rooms supposedly being built are hard to follow and track and their timelines.

I suggest a Chicago construction Hotel building thread, if I could do so.

The numbers are fascinating but it seems like either the capital was very cautious or foreign enough not to be one of the first to capitalize on this new wave of tourism

I would appreciate any info on why the hotels are so far behind the other buildings going up, yes I know several have already, but still there should be more on line now and not a just a few years down the line [ like 2-3 ] anyone gets my drift.

Kudos to all thinking about this and goodnight.

Last edited by bnk; May 8, 2015 at 3:37 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest