HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted Jul 30, 2009, 6:32 PM
Tokyo and Paris fan

Big news for the SNCF RER (lines C, D and E) the company could install ATO in these lines.
The RER E should be the first with ATO for the opening of the western extention in 2017.
The train will not be driverless, the driver will be here security (opening and closing doors, pushing a star button...) like in the Victoria or Central line in London and most of Paris metro lines.
It will allow better frequencies and less delay, the main problem of SNCF RER.

Here an article in french.

Quote:
La compagnie ferroviaire et RFF ont lancé des études pour automatiser les RER les plus fréquentés (les lignes E, puis C et D) d’ici à dix ans. Le débit de ces lignes proches de la congestion pourrait être doublé.

Des trains automatisés où les conducteurs ne seraient plus là que pour ouvrir et fermer les portes. C’est une des solutions sur lesquelles travaille la SNCF pour soulager ses lignes de RER en Ile-de-France, au bord de la saturation. La compagnie ferroviaire et Réseau Ferré de France (RFF), le propriétaire des rails français, ont en effet annoncé hier le lancement d’études « d’un nouveau système de gestion des circulations des trains », dont les conclusions devraient être rendues à la fin de l’année. En clair, il s’agirait d’équiper les trains de manière que leur circulation soit réalisée et gérée par un système d’aide automatique.

Cette solution a un gros avantage : elle permet d’augmenter le débit sur une ligne en toute sécurité. « Actuellement, nous sommes s u r u n e moyenne d’environ 20 trains par heure. Demain, avec ce système, ce sont près de 40 trains par heure et par sens qui pourraient circuler, soit une rame toutes les 90 secondes », explique Jean-Pierre Farandou, le directeur général en charge de la branche proximités à la SNCF. La vitesse moyenne pourrait également être sensiblement améliorée ; à Paris, il serait possible de monter à 120 km/h, alors qu’on est plus proche des 80 à 100 km/ h actuellement. Le coût d’un tel dispositif ? Sans doute « plusieurs dizaines de millions d’euros », selon le dirigeant, dont une partie devrait être prise en charge par RFF.

La SNCF songe à l’automatisation pour ses lignes les plus denses, particulièrement à Paris intra-muros. « Notre souhait est de pouvoir déployer ce système à l’occasion de l’allongement du RER E vers l’ouest, à l’horizon 2017 », avance Jean Pierre Farandou. Ce projet, prévu dans le cadre du Grand Paris, doit étendre Eole vers la Défense et Mantes-la-Jolie. Mais d’autres lignes de RER (le C et le D) – où aucune voie ne peut logiquement être ajoutée – sont également concernées par le projet, sans doute d’ici à 2020. « Ce sont là où les circulations connaissent les congestions les plus importantes, du fait de tunnels [comme celui entre Gare du Nord et Châtelet, NDLR] qui constituent des goulets d’étranglement » , ajoute le dirigeant. Récemment, la SNCF a ainsi dû faire passer le nombre de RER D passant dans ce tunnel de 12 à 8 toutes les heures, afin de se donner un peu d’air pour l’exploitation et réduire les retards.

Le point noir de la régularité

La régularité est justement le gros point noir du réseau Transilien en Ile-de-France, avec un taux tombé de 90,5 % en 2007 à 88,3 % en 2008. Avec l’automatisation, la SNCF joue sur un levier de long terme, utile tant les trafics sont encore appelés à croître. A moyen terme, la SNCF compte sur ses nouvelles rames Francilien – qui commenceront à circuler à la fin de l’année –, puis sur la rénovation partielle des voies (d’ici à 2014) pour améliorer la situation. Mais pas de miracles immédiats à attendre : l’objectif est de revenir en 2009 à une régularité de 90 % à 91 %, bien en dessous des 93 % à 94 % prévus dans le contrat passé avec la région Ile-de-France.
Les Echos

Old Posted Sep 3, 2009, 8:59 PM
Tokyo and Paris fan

Ermont Eaubonne

= suburban train
= Gare du Nord
= Gare Saint Lazare

Old Posted Sep 17, 2009, 7:55 PM
Tokyo and Paris fan

The tram train

Unfortunely when I took this line, the whole Gare de l'Est suburban network (it include the T4) had a big power cut.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2009, 6:38 PM
Tokyo and Paris fan

Still few months before the opening of the southwestern extention (Issy Val de Seine - Porte de Versailles)
Porte de Versailles wil be the first station with two tram lines in Paris area (T2 and T3). :lol:

Now all T2 tram trains have the new face, a more secure for the pedestrian because the extention will be less segegrated than the actual route.

Old face

Old Posted Sep 25, 2009, 11:45 AM
Watching & Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato Ku View Post
Ermont Eaubonne
Nice station! Is this new?

Old Posted Sep 25, 2009, 4:32 PM
Show me the blueprints

^Yeah I agree. I started salivating when I saw those photos. This IMO is the top notch of transport architecture anywhere in the world. SNCF runs an envious operation, this is for certain.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Sep 25, 2009, 4:50 PM
Tokyo and Paris fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by something_witty View Post
Nice station! Is this new?
Yes and no this place as the station is very old, Ermont Eaubonnes station opened in 1846 but the station was heavily renovated and rebuilt in the 1980's and 2000's.
The modern station building opened in 2008.

This is the old Ermont Eaubonnes building demolished in 2005.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2009, 4:56 PM
Watching & Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato Ku View Post
Yes and no this place as the station is very old, Ermont Eaubonnes station opened in 1846 but the station was heavily renovated and rebuilt in the 1980's and 2000's.
The modern station building opened in 2008.
Very interesting.

Great thread by the way, I'm a big stalker of this one and both the Light Rail threads on Skyscrapercity as well.

Keep with the posting of pictures!

Old Posted Oct 3, 2009, 10:22 AM
Tokyo and Paris fan

Val de Fontenay

Old Posted Oct 18, 2009, 10:56 PM
Tokyo and Paris fan

Cluny la Sorbonne (opened in 1930, closed in 1939 and reopened in 1988 with a connection to Saint Michel Notre Dame RER station)

This station has 3 tracks, the middle one connects with the line 4.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2009, 9:04 PM
Tokyo and Paris fan

Two propositions for the underground extention of the

-Construction start: 2013
-Cost: €2 billon

According me and most people, it is better to have a stop in Porte Maillot than a direct tunnel between Haussmann Saint Lazare and la Defense.
Porte maillot offer a connection with the RER C and serve the western end of Paris CBD.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2009, 9:05 PM
Tokyo and Paris fan

A video promotion about Paris metro and the new rubber tired train in the end of the 1950's.

Video Link

Old Posted Nov 6, 2009, 1:46 PM
Tokyo and Paris fan

This is the Z50000 or NAT or Francilien, a new suburban rolling stock.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4425074...7622600439813/

The first train will run in december 2009 in the line Paris Gare du Nord/Luzarches of Transilien H network

Old Posted Nov 6, 2009, 3:41 PM

I have ridden on a very similar model to that one, probably the one preceding it. Very new, very beautiful, very resourceful. It was a TER line in Basse Normandie. I only wish that the FRA would allow trains like that to run small regional routes here. They are less expensive and so much more suitable to go into places that larger trains cannot while still being able to hold a lot of people.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2009, 1:34 AM

I'm staggered. The sheer density and scale of transport provision in Paris is already mindblowing. And they are still coming up with even grander schemes! I wish we had these people doing London. (and it's so darn cheap to use too)

Old Posted Nov 8, 2009, 2:38 PM
BANNED

[QUOTE = Minato Ku; 4527120] A promotional video about Paris metro and the new rubber tired train in the end of the 1950's.

[youtube] wy7lNJ7jrYg [/ youtube] [/ QUOTE]

Well MK i spotted at least one old Frenchmen with a beret in that clip..well done! where was his onions,fishermans shirt and bike and packet of gauloises though? Good to see some morris minors being driven

Old Posted Nov 11, 2009, 2:22 PM
Tokyo and Paris fan

Argenteuil

= suburban train
= Gare Saint Lazare

Old Posted Nov 12, 2009, 10:14 PM

Whoa, those new Francilien trains are super classe! I'm suddenly a lot less excited for Philadelphia's new regional rail trains arriving next year .

Old Posted Nov 12, 2009, 10:31 PM
Tokyo and Paris fan

Old Posted Nov 12, 2009, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muji View Post
Whoa, those new Francilien trains are super classe! I'm suddenly a lot less excited for Philadelphia's new regional rail trains arriving next year .
I'm probably the only one, But I find SEPTA's new rail vehicles to be bland-looking.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation