HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:58 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojiferous View Post
I remember people booing the very mention of Texas at Juneteenth in 5 Points.
I find it incredibly ironic that anyone would boo the mention of the very state that gave us that holiday, has celebrated it as an official state holiday for a long time, and has the nation’s largest Juneteenth celebrations.
SATX: 1435k (+8%) + MSA suburbs: 1124k (+38%) + CSA exurbs: 18k (+11%)
ATX: 962k (+22%) + MSA suburbs: 1322k (+43%)

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:48 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Exclamation

Looks like it’s getting a little spicy in here. Let’s all take a deep breath and enjoy some fall fresh air.
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Today, 12:48 AM

I only find drivers to be rude here for the most part (same can be said for most cities) I find it odd you think people are rude here. I’ve had five family members move here from Texas and can’t say the same. The fact that politics are brought up right away says a lot though. Anyways to Ryan’s point this is not Nextdoor and a development forum so back to that please?

Old Posted Today, 1:56 AM

Grand Re-opening - Best of Luck, Tom

All Photos by Andy Cross/The Denver Post

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/09/2...tarlight-open/
Quote:
Tom’s Starlight — the reincarnation of Tom’s Diner on Denver’s Colfax Avenue — welcomed patrons back to the building this week, with a fresh look, outdoor patio and menu.

The path to Tom’s Starlight’s opening was marked with years of twists and turns, including a nixed demolition plan, a spot on the National Register of Historic Places and a forced lull during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Was the grand re-opening nice?
Quote:
On Wednesday, the Tom’s Starlight signage popped against the autumn sky above the Capitol Hill neighborhood as customers settled in for conversations and cocktails, seated on the orange bar stools inside and at patio tables.

Outside on Wednesday evening, several parties of diners were nestled under wooden pergolas as the sun set. Between them and the door leading inside, the patio is dotted with fountains, tiki garden statues, fire pits and greenery.

For Rick Olson, the vibe reminds him of Palm Springs, Calif... “I like it because it’s almost like a time capsule,” added Patrick Gray, who described the lounge as an “idealized, 1950s highway diner” with the added flair of that stylish, southern California city.

Old Posted Today, 2:39 AM

Sold to the man in the White Hat with a winning Bid of $41M

1055 Clermont Street

Photo courtesy of CBS News

GM Development, a Denver based developer was the purchaser.
Quote:
GM Development is an Urban Infill Development Company

Over the past 10 years, GM Development has built an extensive portfolio of real estate projects in multiple states across the US. Our goal is to continue to evolve with the cities we build in and respond to their needs with developments that are sustainable and smart.
GM was the ultimate purchaser of The Chapel at Berkeley Lake Park for those that happen to recall that controversy.

They also built this Curtis Park 5-plex:

Images courtesy of GM Development

GM has also built a number of townhome projects. The VA Hospital campus looks to be their biggest project to date but they've had lots of practice.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West