HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Feb 11, 2021, 12:25 AM

The Goat Farm/. Anything of substance happening? It was now been at least a year and a half since their grand announcement, complete with a new MOCAGA museum and other artistic developments. Is this one alive, dead, still breathing, on life support, or what. Does anyone know? Shades of Opus2 anyone.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2021, 4:16 AM

Do they sell goat milk at the goat farm? One time I went to the little canteen they run and got some tofu salad and a tea. When I asked to pay, they said just whatever you like.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2021, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
The Goat Farm/. Anything of substance happening? It was now been at least a year and a half since their grand announcement, complete with a new MOCAGA museum and other artistic developments. Is this one alive, dead, still breathing, on life support, or what. Does anyone know? Shades of Opus2 anyone.
I believe it's in permitting.

"Atlanta - it's getting there."

Old Posted Feb 12, 2021, 5:01 PM

https://whatnowatlanta.com/midtown-m...-applications/

“Capital City Real Estate, the developer of Midtown Medical on Ponce, a 150,000-square-foot mixed-use medical office project, is moving forward with demolition of two of the project site’s existing structures, according to online demolition permit applications filed with the City of Atlanta on Wednesday.”

“...the applications are to demolish a single-story, 1,372-square-foot structure at 268 Ponce De Leon Ave. NE and a single-story, 1,262-square-foot structure at 294 Ponce De Leon Ave. NE. Respectively, the retail buildings have been occupied by LIL Village Smoke Vape Spot and Prime Audio and Video, which is a car stereo installation company.”

Old Posted Feb 12, 2021, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username123 View Post

“Capital City Real Estate, the developer of Midtown Medical on Ponce, a 150,000-square-foot mixed-use medical office project, is moving forward with demolition of two of the project site’s existing structures, according to online demolition permit applications filed with the City of Atlanta on Wednesday.”

“...the applications are to demolish a single-story, 1,372-square-foot structure at 268 Ponce De Leon Ave. NE and a single-story, 1,262-square-foot structure at 294 Ponce De Leon Ave. NE. Respectively, the retail buildings have been occupied by LIL Village Smoke Vape Spot and Prime Audio and Video, which is a car stereo installation company.”

It'll be great to finally have some urban development that block. It's hard to believe it has remained undeveloped for so long.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2021, 11:37 PM

Civic center/Scitrek site

Does anyone know the status of the Civic Center/Scitrek site? I know something was proposed for that site about 8 years ago but haven't heard anything at all recently.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2021, 1:24 AM

Looks like they are getting ready to erect the crane at the Scad Student Housing development

Old Posted Feb 13, 2021, 2:14 AM

I'm guessing the Civic Center project carries a bit of "regulatory risk"

Old Posted Feb 13, 2021, 2:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
I'm guessing the Civic Center project carries a bit of "regulatory risk"
??

Old Posted Feb 13, 2021, 2:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username123 View Post

I know the Krispy Kreme will probably be rebuilt in the same suburban style, but it would be so nice if something more urban, perhaps oriented with Camden next door in mind, ended up on the site. The KK could have a nice store front.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2021, 3:40 AM

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 4:13 AM

Here's a conceptual rendering of the affordable housing development proposed at the First United Methodist Church on Peachtree Street.

More Info on the project:http://www.atlantafirstumc.org/pdf/2...ntTownHall.pdf

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 4:55 AM

Looks like a terrific proposal, quick step to Marta.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 1:17 PM

I said it on the other thread, but it looks like a wish version of Plaza Midtown. I do think it is a good addition to the neighborhood though. Hopefully it will have some good retial.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 2:52 PM

^wish as in wish.com? lol. i do think it has a slightly more interesting facade, versus being all glass.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 3:50 PM

Yes. I prefer the glass and concrete look of Plaza Midtown to this (I'm biased though as I live there). Although I'm not going to judge this one too harshly until we get a better rendering or it's actually built.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyslam View Post
Yes. I prefer the glass and concrete look of Plaza Midtown to this (I'm biased though as I live there). Although I'm not going to judge this one too harshly until we get a better rendering or it's actually built.
Considering this is affordable housing, I won't criticize this at all. It appears to be one of the best affordable housing high rises I have seen

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 6:09 PM

According to Historic Atlanta, Invest Atlanta has approved a grant from the Eastside TAD Community Empowerment Fund to finance the rehabilitation of the historic Prince Hall Masonic Lodge (Auburn and Hilliard streets in Sweet Auburn) and create space for small businesses. In 1937, the cornerstone was laid by Black contractor Alexander Hamilton, built for the local Prince Hall Masons, led by Grandmaster John Wesley Dobbs. Inside these walls was WERD, the nation’s first Black-owned and operated radio station, the Atlanta franchise of Apex Beauty College, the first offices of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (with Dr. King and Ella Baker) and a local Madame CJ Walker Beauty Shop.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 11:49 PM

$100M project planned near GSU

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...l?cx_testId=40

Quote:
Lonnie Johnson, the former NASA engineer who invented the Super Soaker children’s toy, is partnering on a planned $100 million development to bring affordable student housing to Atlanta's Sweet Auburn district.

The project will be built on roughly 2 acres Johnson owns at 263 Decatur St. near the central campus of Georgia State University and King Memorial MARTA station.

Plans are to build 250,000 square feet of student housing with up to 500 beds, including some rooms rented at below market value. The housing would include 24,000 square feet of ground-floor retail. New and renovated office spaces and a parking deck with more than 400 spaces are also part of the project.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2021, 2:58 AM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta