HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 11, 2008, 2:00 AM
Chillin' in The Burgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by case_architect View Post
new development on 54th off of cass (next to shoreway) a few more foundations started also
Is this a personal residence? It looks pretty cool

Old Posted Apr 12, 2008, 7:22 PM

Question "ohio hub" & E 55th@ Euclid

thanks for putting this forum together, mayday. i check it all the time.

this is my first time posting, but it seems like the best place to find answers to two questions:

1. does anyone have any news about this commuter rail project called ohio hub? i look at their website sometimes and though it seems like a reasonable proposal, i feel like it wouldn't actually be built for several decades.

2. does anyone know what will become of those two amazing buildings on the corner of E 55th and euclid?

thanks for your help.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2008, 6:12 PM
not cleavefied

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclovert View Post
thanks for putting this forum together, mayday. i check it all the time.

this is my first time posting, but it seems like the best place to find answers to two questions:

1. does anyone have any news about this commuter rail project called ohio hub? i look at their website sometimes and though it seems like a reasonable proposal, i feel like it wouldn't actually be built for several decades.
probably any question you think could be answered here: http://www.urbanohio.com/forum2/inde...ic,1414.0.html

Old Posted May 8, 2008, 5:53 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

Update May 8th, 2008 - new photo for 1211 St. Clair/Avenue District; new renderings for Flats East Bank; removed proposals originally planned for Flats East Bank site.

Old Posted May 20, 2008, 2:31 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

Update May 20th - added new rendering to Stark/Warehouse District (Proposals).

Old Posted May 28, 2008, 5:36 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

This is potentially fantastic news:

Jacobs, Hines to build 21-story office tower on Public Square

From cleveland.com:

Posted by mjarboe May 28, 2008 11:39AM

Click here for rendering:
http://blog.cleveland.com/business/2...mall_tower.jpg

Richard E. Jacobs GroupThe Richard E. Jacobs group has formed a joint venture with international real estate developer Hines to build a 21-story office tower on Public Square. The Richard E. Jacobs Group will partner with international developer Hines to build a 21-story office tower on Public Square in downtown Cleveland.

The tower, aimed at major downtown tenants considering new office space, could cost about $180 million to build. Construction could start next year, with a possible opening date in late 2011, officials with the Jacobs Group told The Plain Dealer this morning.

"As we all know, there are a number of key players in the marketplace right now who are looking for space," said Douglas Miller, vice president of office operations and leasing for Jacobs. "That's probably been the prime determinant in why you're seeing not only ours, but a number of other proposed developments at this time."

More at http://blog.cleveland.com/business/2...d_21story.html

Last edited by MayDay; Oct 8, 2009 at 12:29 PM.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2008, 4:06 PM

Lets get this forum going again. Anyone have any pictures? 2 months of being idle is a long time for all of the projects going on downtown. We can get some discussion going. Anyone have any news on the new building in public square? medical mart?

Old Posted Jul 22, 2008, 5:13 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

I'll be doing some updates some time this week - mostly the Avenue District, Flats East Bank, and the Uptown project near University Circle. You're welcome to contribute to the thread as well

Old Posted Jul 22, 2008, 10:48 PM

E 55th and Euclid

i am a clevelander stuck in NYC and i obsessively check this page. i asked about a building on E55th and Euclid a while ago and never got any feedback. can anyone tell me great news?

thank you to everyone who posts pictures on this site; you keep my spirits high.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2008, 1:13 AM

So uptown is underway then? That is also the same developer as the Avenue District right? And is anyone else having problems with getting the AD's webcam to load?

Old Posted Jul 23, 2008, 12:43 PM

Updates

I am around the Detroit-shoreway area often, and have watching the progress over there. Once I get my camera working, I will take some pictures there. I know they are working on that powerhouse, and continue to build homes and have even put in a nice sand volleyball pit overlooking lake erie. Very nice. I am unsure what is going on on E.55 and Euclid...what did you hear? I am drive by there often. I know there is alot going on on Euclid to try and make it an acceptable corridor. And yes, Zaremba is building uptown, he has another project in mind there, which is nice, but personally i think they need more square footage and units if they are targeting the Clinic and UH workers. Although it will still be good for that historical area.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2008, 1:28 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

The buildings at East 55th and Euclid are currently unused, but plans are to restore them for future use. Before the Euclid Corridor Project (aka the Healthline, Cleveland's soon-to-open BRT line), there was little chance of restoration, but it seems like there are quite a few pockets of investment springing up. There were some less ornate buildings across Euclid (on the south side) - those were demolished.

Atlantan, the Uptown project is just in the proposal stage but if there's one area of Cleveland where things have a great chance of happening, it's University Circle. And yes, the Avenue District webcam is on the fritz, so I'll try to have regular photo updates here as a backup (though not realtime).

Old Posted Jul 23, 2008, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayDay View Post
The buildings at East 55th and Euclid are currently unused, but plans are to restore them for future use. Before the Euclid Corridor Project (aka the Healthline, Cleveland's soon-to-open BRT line), there was little chance of restoration, but it seems like there are quite a few pockets of investment springing up. There were some less ornate buildings across Euclid (on the south side) - those were demolished.

Atlantan, the Uptown project is just in the proposal stage but if there's one area of Cleveland where things have a great chance of happening, it's University Circle. And yes, the Avenue District webcam is on the fritz, so I'll try to have regular photo updates here as a backup (though not realtime).
Thanks for the update. Cleveland is on a roll, all this construction is nice. Now what about those plans for new highrises? One on public square and a few in the Flats East Bank?

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 10:41 AM

public square

THey have been completely mum on the public square project, I dont know what that is about because Jacobs is usually pretty reliable and on-time with this projects. This will get done, because some of the office space in downtown is filling up. They just announced that "Cleveland Cliffs" is going to lease two floors in teh BP building. There are also plans of biotech companies that are beginning to lease. This tells me that they will need this office space. The flats offices will be ernst and young and a law firm so far. THey could really use eaton.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 1:41 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

^The biotech companies are definitely expanding in Cleveland, but they tend to gravitate toward the medical centers in and around University Circle. They also don't use a whole lot of office space - that's not to say they're not part of the building boom, but they're generally not the typical tenants of downtown office towers, especially new construction. As you said, Eaton Corporation is looking to expand (bursting at the seams, actually) and according to some sources - the CEO is looking to make a "legacy" project for Cleveland. Here's hoping that doesn't translate into "corporate campus in Brecksville"

Atlantan, the Public Square tower is a joint proposal from Jacobs Group and Hines (one of the largest developer/management firms in the world). Currently it's a glassy 21-story design from Gensler. As you can imagine, some armchair critics want a "supertall or nothing" on that site but in this market and economy, a 21-story tower is much more viable. There's not a whole lot of information forthcoming, as you can imagine.

As far as the Flats East Bank, the entire site has been demo'd and they're moving into site prep. The most activity is over at West 9th and Main Avenue (just north of the Main Avenue Bridge), where a 20-story office tower is planned. I might be wrong, but it could be as much as 23-24 stories because there's a parking garage base. They have a crane set up for sheet piling which will delineate the footprint of the building. Here's the rendering from the website, which really doesn't reveal much:

After that, there's are two to three residential midrises (15-18 stories) - one of which will be incorporated with a 150-room hotel. They've signed 1 Hotel to operate that.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2008, 7:29 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

Added images and info for proposed Public Square Tower and Cleveland Trust complex.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2008, 7:38 PM

Thanks MayDay for the updates and all the information. Sorry I have all these questions, its just all of Cleveland's projects right now are very interesting and I like what is going on.

For the Avenue District, I notice in the rendering, there seem to be more buildings than the main forefront, like other buildings seem to run along the streetside. Are these going to get built?

And for public square, I was researching, I kind of like the design, the all glass facade is interesting. And great to hear that some of the highrises in FEB might go up too.

Do you think Cleveland could support a tower around the height of Key Tower or Comcast? I mean nothing over 1,000 feet, but right aroud 800 or 900'?

Also, lol, saw your photo thread on "A little bit of everything" in Urban Ohio, you should consider posting that on here. Looked great, gave you some in depth on projects like Euclid and everything. Anyway, thanks again for the info.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2008, 7:50 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

While I haven't posted on a Cleveland thread before, and haven't read them much I imagine that will increase. I am moving out of Cleveland and will need to stay informed so I keep up the good work.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2008, 2:14 AM

Atlantan, there are multiple phases in the Avenue District. The first phase includes a 10 story tower and about 20 townhomes. It is about sixty percent sold so far and the next phase will continue once they get closer to selling out the first phase. I'm pretty excited to see the other buildings start to rise.

As for an 800' or 900' tower on the Jacobs property, I don't see that as being very viable. It very well could be built, but it would have to bring a lot of companies in from older buildings and thereby increase the vacancy rate Downtown and stunt future growth. I'd rather see a more sustainable growth rate with towers being built at the rate the city needs them. 20 story towers just seem to make more sense for Cleveland right now.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2008, 8:16 PM

Well Cleveland has a great skyline, one of the best in the nation, so it doesn't matter how big or small, it could use some density.

That is good news on the Avenue District. I know over the next couple of years this project is only going to grow and get more development. So Cleveland is looking at how many new possible highrises in the Flats East Bank, as well as Public Square?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations