HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 25, 2018, 8:29 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Strange: I've literally never, ever heard anyone who lives in the city call it "Frisco" without irony or sarcasm.
I've heard it plenty of times.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2018, 1:34 AM

I know plenty of people inside and outside of Frisco that say it. It's a part of California and Bay Area lingo.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2018, 1:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech12 View Post
Of course SF's upper class loves to perpetuate the "no Frisco" thing, though, and they control the messaging, because rich people control everything, as always...you know, the media, tourism industry , etc. So then you have tourists and transplants who get told not say Frisco, and they just go along with it, which is further reinforced by the fact that they're surrounded by fellow clueless newbies, in a city where only 20% of the residents are natives (let alone natives of the demographics who regularly say "Frisco"...a significant minority to be fair, but still a minority).
Louder for the ones in the back! This is 110% true.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2018, 8:24 AM
heavy user of walkability

east slope of Potrero Hill

19th and Tennessee

19th and 3rd, where it looks like we will soon have an addition to the Crazy Crane family

view from Potrero Hill

Old Posted Jun 26, 2018, 6:31 PM

FWIW I have heard the term Frisco in classic Bay Area rap about a million times.

I think what most people object to is people from outside the area calling it "Frisco" because it does seem like a term that is primarily used in communities that have been here forever and does sound alien when somebody new to the era uses it.

I think we can all agree that NOBODY should ever call it SFO...we aren't Portland! We have a million great names that aren't our airport code.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2018, 2:29 AM
Surrounded by Nature

[IMG]from 100 First Plaza by viewguysf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Jun 29, 2018, 2:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS View Post
FWIW I have heard the term Frisco in classic Bay Area rap about a million times.
Can't stand rap which may explain why I've never heard it. Somehow it doesn't surprise me that's where it gets used.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2018, 4:15 AM

viewguysf, great shot!

Old Posted Jun 29, 2018, 4:48 PM

Have we seen this particular rendering before? I'm too lazy to scan all the way back through the thread and besides, being reminded can't hurt:

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...068&j=82437491

Old Posted Jun 29, 2018, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Can't stand rap which may explain why I've never heard it. Somehow it doesn't surprise me that's where it gets used.
It’s not just rap. It’s prevalent in the latino community, working class whites, young people. I think it’s more that you are not from here and spend most of your time in Arizona.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2018, 7:53 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Have we seen this particular rendering before? I'm too lazy to scan all the way back through the thread and besides, being reminded can't hurt:
Why be lazy? Go back and research, including your own old, informative posts. You’ve now posted 29,421 times under your two names, an obsession for sure. You’ve only been here six months longer than I have, plus you had an extended absence after being banned as BTinSF.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2018, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
Why be lazy? Go back and research, including your own old, informative posts. You’ve now posted 29,421 times under your two names, an obsession for sure. You’ve only been here six months longer than I have, plus you had an extended absence after being banned as BTinSF.
The plot thickens. I had an inkling that Pedestrian is a troll.

Regardless (and on topic) I've not seen these renderings, myself. I almost hope they're current being they look slightly more refined and utilizing better materials.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2018, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_climber13 View Post
It’s not just rap. It’s prevalent in the latino community, working class whites, young people. I think it’s more that you are not from here and spend most of your time in Arizona.
San Francisco has been my primary home for 37 years (which is why during that time I've been a member of or donor to many city institutions). I doubt you are even 37 years old. Arizona is a winter getaway and I don't spend "most of my time" there. If "Frisco" was a common usage among city residents I'd have heard it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
It's an obsession to even care how many posts . . . or to get exercised about a second viewing even of a render that has been seen before. I don't. And I post in the entire site because it's fun. Haven't seen you in most of it except the first section which is why you have so many fewer post (if you do--I don't plan to check).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyMucho View Post
The plot thickens. I had an inkling that Pedestrian is a troll.

Regardless (and on topic) I've not seen these renderings, myself. I almost hope they're current being they look slightly more refined and utilizing better materials.
The plot's not very thick. And as I said, being reminded about what these new buildings on Market St. will look like can't hurt. Glad you found them interesting which was my objective. Pointing fingers and calling "troll" never will be.

Last edited by Pedestrian; Jun 29, 2018 at 10:38 PM.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2018, 2:10 AM

Quote:
San Francisco has been my primary home for 37 years (which is why during that time I've been a member of or donor to many city institutions). I doubt you are even 37 years old. Arizona is a winter getaway and I don't spend "most of my time" there. If "Frisco" was a common usage among city residents I'd have heard it.

It's an obsession to even care how many posts . . . or to get exercised about a second viewing even of a render that has been seen before. I don't. And I post in the entire site because it's fun. Haven't seen you in most of it except the first section which is why you have so many fewer post (if you do--I don't plan to check).

The plot's not very thick. And as I said, being reminded about what these new buildings on Market St. will look like can't hurt. Glad you found them interesting which was my objective. Pointing fingers and calling "troll" never will be.
The disdain for you is obviously because you lean conservative. A troll? LOL You would be the most pathetic troll ever, with all due respect. They know your not a liberal, so even when it comes to development(very non-political) they cant keep their politics out of their responses.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2018, 3:30 AM
Sonoma Strong

Hahahaha!

As left-leaning I definitely don’t always agree with Pedestrian/BTinSF but a troll he is not.

As for the rendering, it looks familiar because of the wrap-around, but I’m feeling lazy myself (Friday evening after a long week), so I’ll let someone else dig and research, should they care too.

Which begs another question, should we start the thread over so we can actually update the first page? (The OP hasn’t posted in years).

Pictures of Santa Rosa, So. Co.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2018, 5:44 AM
heavy user of walkability

a better view of the hotel at SFO

Old Posted Jul 1, 2018, 1:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
east slope of Potrero Hill

19th and Tennessee

19th and 3rd, where it looks like we will soon have an addition to the Crazy Crane family

view from Potrero Hill

Beautiful shot!

Old Posted Jul 1, 2018, 5:03 PM
Build Baby Build

Morning fog.

From yesterday.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2018, 8:20 PM

BizTimes Summary of Projects:

Images: https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...?issue_id=9739

Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 3:53 AM

Wow! They couldn't come fast enough!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations