HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 12:18 AM

^ Great pictures, thanks for posting.

Notables from the updated Tempe Development map (https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=86321):
  • Tempe Depot (former Macayo's lots off of Ash) has applied for a building permit
  • A second phase of apartments at the Grande (Washington/Priest) is in plan review
  • I think someone mentioned it earlier but Parcel 3g in the Novus Corridor (lot just south of current ASU football practice field) is in plan review for a 7-story apartment building
  • New restaurant/bar 'Sake Haus' coming to Mill

Old Posted Mar 16, 2022, 8:08 PM

Thank you for the update Muertecaza.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2022, 11:20 PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...-100-mill.html

Quote:
Moov, a startup that operates an online marketplace for used semiconductor equipment, has signed a lease at 100 Mill in Tempe which will serve as the company’s new head office.

Moov, which relocated from California last year, will occupy 32,000 square feet that includes the entire 16th floor and stipulates exterior signage on the building...

Moov is currently working out of a 6,500-square-foot office at 60 E. Rio Salado, but Zhou said once they began planning for 2022, it was clear they would quickly outgrow that space.

Moov currently has about 50 employees but plans to hire about 100 more this year. About 20% of the workforce is expected to be based in Austin, Texas, where Moov recently established an office, and the remaining 80% of employees will be in Arizona...

America’s semiconductor manufacturing workforce is concentrated in a handful of states, one of which is Arizona. The Congressional Research Service found that in 2019 about 10% of the nation’s semiconductor workforce was based in Arizona, which made it the fourth largest workforce in this sector behind California, Oregon and Texas.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 1:06 AM
Chase M

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Interesting, I though Deloitte's logo was going at the top of the building, guess thats a no go now?

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 2:49 AM
Skyriser

The old standard of two marquee signs on opposite sides of the building is dead.

Although it seems Moov rented on the 16th floor and Deloitte took the 18th.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 3:10 AM

Hello- After following the Tempe and Phoenix development threads for a year, I decided to create an ID and post after something happened yesterday.

I live in Tempe and work from home. Yesterday afternoon, a young guy (20-something) rang my doorbell and told me "Tempe is giving this South Pier development $80m in property tax abatements." He was asking for signatures on a petition to somehow put this on the ballot in November to stop the development.

Has anyone else experienced this? I googled "South Pier petition" but didn't find anything. I tried explained to this guy that the city is not giving a private developer $80m but I don't think he understood me.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 3:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandCactus71 View Post
Hello- After following the Tempe and Phoenix development threads for a year, I decided to create an ID and post after something happened yesterday.

I live in Tempe and work from home. Yesterday afternoon, a young guy (20-something) rang my doorbell and told me "Tempe is giving this South Pier development $80m in property tax abatements." He was asking for signatures on a petition to somehow put this on the ballot in November to stop the development.

Has anyone else experienced this? I googled "South Pier petition" but didn't find anything. I tried explained to this guy that the city is not giving a private developer $80m but I don't think he understood me.
Yes, I live in Tempe as well and had been receiving texts and calls to voice opposition against the coyotes moving here. I asked them how an empty dirt lot is somehow more valuable for the city, a lot of silence….

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 3:31 AM
Skyriser

The lake deal is pretty bad when you consider that the most valuable property in the state shouldn't need subsidies, or that the lake maintenance should be paid by the surrounding properties, but I can't imagine why somebody would be annoyed with it enough to fight city hall and put it on the ballot.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 5:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandCactus71 View Post

I live in Tempe and work from home. Yesterday afternoon, a young guy (20-something)
Interesting, Unfortunately I stopped reading here because its a personal policy to not listen to anyone younger than myself on principal.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 1:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Interesting, Unfortunately I stopped reading here because its a personal policy to not listen to anyone younger than myself on principal.
Yes, I have a similar policy and my kids call it my “dwindling circle of influence”

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
i subscribe to this policy...

Old Posted Mar 20, 2022, 5:03 AM

Apache development public meeting

https://youtu.be/MIiqU_JRDPs

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 9:11 PM

Went to the post office on Apache today and realized I was across from Cul De Sac so here’s some progress pics. It looks like it’s going to be a great addition so far and it will only get better with landscaping. Surrounding area leaves a lot to be desired though…

I don’t recall the name of this one… I want to say it’s a Parc project but cross roads Apache x Martin Ln also across from the post office.

The lot directly next to the post office on Smith Rd to the east is still fenced with no action. And just because I was driving by, the completed The Level Smith Road gate.

Oh and, had this come up on my insta last night. Looks like the arena will be ready for the ‘yotes this fall:

Old Posted Mar 23, 2022, 7:19 PM

Drove around tempe today. 100 mill is finishing up the garage, looks close to opening. Mortenson's office on farmer exterior is looking great! Couldnt grab a pic but their black acm panels look amazing.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2022, 9:46 PM

Old Posted Mar 24, 2022, 12:04 AM
Skyriser

^ It almost looks like the developer picked up some overtime at McDonald's. The one time the labor shortage has been a boon for high-rise development...

Old Posted Mar 24, 2022, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
Drove around tempe today. 100 mill is finishing up the garage, looks close to opening. Mortenson's office on farmer exterior is looking great! Couldnt grab a pic but their black acm panels look amazing.
The Beam

Vib hotel is now open

100 Mill

Old Posted Mar 25, 2022, 5:36 PM

Some interesting details for the recently opened Vib hotel on Farmer:

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/....html?ana=knxv

It apparently is the first of 4,500 Best Western-brand hotels to be owned/operated by Best Western itself. Also, it will have a Cousins Maine Lobster restaurant, and a rooftop bar.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2022, 8:41 PM

The Eastline Village project across from Culdesac is still on hold because the hoarder's belongings are still on-site. Not sure when that one will happen...

Also they have cleared the land for Aura on Apache. There was a homeless encampment that popped up but it looks like it was cleared and they are ready to start.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2022, 4:23 PM

'Asian-inspired' restaurant leases at Tempe's Watermark

Last retail spot has been filled at The Watermark and the project is fully leased out. Other interesting tidbits in the article...

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...-location.html

Quote:
A hospitality group making its entrance into the Phoenix market leased the last remaining restaurant space at the Watermark mixed-use development in Tempe and has plans to eventually build a resort in the Valley.

WGE Capital Group leased 11,303 square feet at the Watermark for its new eatery, called Three Thirty Three, along with a rooftop deck where the group plans to have day parties on the weekends. The restaurant is a full-service, Asian-inspired concept featuring seafood, Peking duck, Wagyu meat and sushi.

Mallonee said retail tenants have been quick to lease spaces at high-end buildings like the Watermark, even during the Covid-19 pandemic. The lease brings the retail space and the office space to fully leased in the building. The project includes 265,000 square feet of office space, 44,000 square feet of retail, a 360-unit apartment complex and there are plans for a 250-key hotel.

The restaurant is WGE’s first project in the Phoenix market, but Nguyen and Devries said they are in the early stages of planning a 40-acre resort on the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community near Scottsdale. Devries said the details of that project are still under wraps, but the restaurant at the Watermark will be a way to introduce people to the brand.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest