HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted May 15, 2018, 2:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
April 30
From a bit closer
Great shot. You can see the decorative window framing reflected in the neighbor's glass.

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 2:56 AM
Chicago

May 15, 2018

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 3:47 AM

She is getting her bronze after all!

Something something about VED and Related something something!

Plz go pound sand all you negative Nellys..

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 4:17 AM
Development Shill

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnie View Post

The section people have been complaining about haven't been bronze detailings that are sporadically located but the massive sections of bronze cladding that were never put in but kept in the renderings up until just recently.

Check yo facts son

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumdogmillionaire View Post
The section people have been complaining about haven't been bronze detailings that are sporadically located but the massive sections of bronze cladding that were never put in but kept in the renderings up until just recently.

Check yo facts son
So far the metal frame/spandrel sections that have been installed on the east side are exactly as depicted in the renderings. I see no reason to believe that when they are done there that they will not be doing the same on the south, north, west and up at the crown.

The other renderings referred to still showed all of this detailing, but showed it and the windows in a gray color closer to the precast as if the design team was considering a different color scheme at some point. But either way, let's let this one finish up.

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 2:40 PM
devout Pizzatarian

i moved the lake michigan invasive species discussion to the general chicago discussion thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=208431

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 9:29 PM
1st Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnie View Post

The renderings currently posted on the OBP website differ from the original renders released when this project was first announced and began construction. There is a considerable amount of metalwork and bronze ornamentation that has been removed from the tower, as Kumdog mentioned earlier.

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 9:35 PM

It's not even done yet. These arguments are moot.

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 10:03 PM
BANNED

http://www.relatedmidwest.com/
Go to this website. Look at OBP. Compare with original render. It looks exactly the same as it always has. Bronze and all. The incessant bitching and and moaning like f****** losers on here is incredible. They cut out the detailing on some renders. Get over it and use your brain and do two seconds of basic research. I love looking at this website but almost dread it now because 75 percent of the people are so simple.
I also can't wait for the inevitable "this turned out soooo much better than I was expecting" after MONTHS of bitch. bitch. bitch.

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 10:11 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthiswealth View Post
Go to this website. Look at OBP. Compare with original render. It looks exactly the same as it always has. Bronze and all. The incessant bitching and and moaning like f****** losers on here is incredible. They cut out the detailing on some renders. Get over it and use your brain and do two seconds of basic research. I love looking at this website but almost dread it now because 75 percent of the people are so simple.
I also can't wait for the inevitable "this turned out soooo much better than I was expecting" after MONTHS of bitch. bitch. bitch.
Gets banned in 5...4...3...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 10:14 PM
devout Pizzatarian

^ naw.

he's right, you know.

the incessant broken-record bitching has gotten quite tiresome.

many people here do need to find some patience and see how this one finishes up.

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 10:17 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
Gets banned in 5...4...3...
For what? Speaking the truth? I'm not a troll. Read my few posts. Besides this and one other along the same lines, very positive. My language might be offensive to some, but then again the behaviour of I'm assuming adults on here is quite pathetic and needs a good dose of reality. Children whine less.

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 10:24 PM
1st Ward

Quote:
I understand that hearing the same opinion can get tiresome, but in a city like Chicago with a proud architectural heritage we have a right (dare I say duty?) to criticize architecture that may otherwise tarnish that heritage. Lest we get more disasters like Grand Plaza or 55 E Erie.

Our complaints might be premature, we won't know how this building will turn out until it is completed, but knowing Related's history when it comes to value engineering a lot of its developments, it is not an unfounded fear.

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 10:31 PM
BANNED

Quote:
If it's any consolation, I like it less and less with each new pic because the cladding is pretty poor quality, and I think it would only look worse if they used the bronze. What you call bitching is just peoples opinions, which is what a web forum is for. Maybe don't take it so personal.

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 12:42 AM
Development Shill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
^ naw.

he's right, you know.

many people here do need to find some patience and see how this one finishes up.
But he's wrong in more than one way here. Sure, whining can be annoying, but someone else was acting like we were wrong about the detailing being removed/VE'd out, which is absolutely false... I've defended this building more than it's deserved probably, but I'm not going to just see someone lie about it and not add in my 2 cents with a quick comment...

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 1:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
^ naw.

he's right, you know.

Rarely post here, but been reading for 15 (?) years, and have to agree w/Steely. The dogmatic posting on this thread is tiresome and childish.

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 1:57 AM

Quote:
For what? Speaking the truth? I'm not a troll. Read my few posts. Besides this and one other along the same lines, very positive. My language might be offensive to some, but then again the behaviour of I'm assuming adults on here is quite pathetic and needs a good dose of reality. Children whine less.
Preach brother!

Steely Dan is one cool dude....

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 1:58 AM

Notice how the thread is derailed? It may not be intentional trolling, but it has the same result. It's not well-reasoned criticism either.

It should be clear at this point that this is nowhere close to a disaster like Grand Plaza or 55 E Erie, which were both designed by deep rooted Chicago architecture firms (like Lucien Lagrange), a painful fact that should put some self-doubt in the defenders of "true" Chicago architecture. In that regard, an outsider like Stern should be welcomed.

No one here knows how much of the facade will get the decorative metal accents, the facade has always been planned to be cast stone, there's no reason to complain incessantly. It's not persuasive, it adds nothing, it's poorly reasoned, etc. it's just an expression of personal displeasure. It's masturbatory and attention-seeking.

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 4:36 AM

This tower looks fine. Just depends on what your taste is. Why post over and over again in a thread that you don't like it? Is that fun or constructive?

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolchak View Post
This tower looks fine. Just depends on what your taste is. Why post over and over again in a thread that you don't like it? Is that fun or constructive?
Exactly...

Especially when it's the same people over a 2 year construction process who voice displeasure on the same forum board every few weeks.

The building is fine, everything is going to be OK and more buildings will be built.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive