HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Arthaus in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 14, 2019, 2:04 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

The deal with AIMCO was finalized in April and May (depending on the property) 2018.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2019, 7:21 PM

[QUOTE=Aaamazarite;8504465]As of last July it was condos, but things keeps changing with this project to it's still up in the air as far as I'm concerned.[/QUOTE

ya, a lot of us wish this project was up in the air and not stalled down in the hole.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2019, 1:43 AM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Today I was able to have a brief conversation with Dranoff himself. Without going into details, he assured me that this project is happening. This was after I told him that a bunch of nerds on the internet were counting on me to ask about it.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2019, 2:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaamazarite View Post
Today I was able to have a brief conversation with Dranoff himself. Without going into details, he assured me that this project is happening. This was after I told him that a bunch of nerds on the internet were counting on me to ask about it.
Lmao he should come on here and talk about it with us.
On a serious note, glad to hear that the man himself says that it is happening.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2019, 2:43 AM

Quote:
I know nothing about Dranoff, but developers as a lot will in the morning continue to promise that the project is a go, and all they need to do is tighten up a few loose ends, and that afternoon sell the site to somebody else. Publicly having a very optimistic outlook seems to be a job requirement. Meaning----did you possibly expect Dranoff to say anything less?

Old Posted Mar 15, 2019, 3:05 AM
build awesome buildings

Quote:
literal lol at the end of that one. i think this means a nerd contingent is required to attend ground breaking.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2019, 4:33 AM

Quote:
Uh huh. This thread is old enough to be in first grade.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2019, 12:56 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
I know nothing about Dranoff, but developers as a lot will in the morning continue to promise that the project is a go, and all they need to do is tighten up a few loose ends, and that afternoon sell the site to somebody else. Publicly having a very optimistic outlook seems to be a job requirement. Meaning----did you possibly expect Dranoff to say anything less?
Good point. If not for the sales to AIMCO and the permit updates I would think this is totally dead, but I'm holding on to hope like Andy Dufresne on this one

Old Posted Mar 16, 2019, 1:12 PM

I've been pretty bullish about this project, but I'm going to put a fork in it because we tore down what seemed to be a decent lowrise building for an ugly empty lot. It's just not going to be built. If it doesn't, great, but if it doesn't just another great proposal that will never get off since the ACC and Mandeville, and that's just typical of Philly!!!

Old Posted Mar 16, 2019, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
I've been pretty bullish about this project, but I'm going to put a fork in it because we tore down what seemed to be a decent lowrise building for an ugly empty lot. It's just not going to be built. If it doesn't, great, but if it doesn't just another great proposal that will never get off since the ACC and Mandeville, and that's just typical of Philly!!!
Is this a joke? Are you trolling at this point? I genuinely cannot tell.
How is it that you manage to bring up the ACC in every post? They just issued new construction permits for this building. Dranoff wouldn’t have applied for them if he did not have even an intention of building something here.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2019, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
They just issued new construction permits for this building. Dranoff wouldn’t have applied for them if he did not have even an intention of building something here.
Yeah, but still, it won't be the ACC.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2019, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
Yeah, but still, it won't be the ACC.
Or a consulate for that matter

Old Posted Mar 16, 2019, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Or a consulate for that matter
Negadelfians!!! In that case Philadelphia doesn’t deserve any consulates because it’s the city that keeps on killing itself. See you in 2030 when Philadelphia becomes the 13th largest city. Until then, don’t complain dumbasses!!!

Old Posted Mar 16, 2019, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Negadelfians!!! In that case Philadelphia doesn’t deserve any consulates because it’s the city that keeps on killing itself. See you in 2030 when Philadelphia becomes the 13th largest city. Until then, don’t complain dumbasses!!!
You're the one complaining; the rest of us are here to talk about projects being built in Philadelphia. The SLS is a fine project for the area and will serve the area nicely. The longer you keep holding onto the ACC, the more people like you will hold this city back.

By the way, closing consulates isn't just a Philly thing. Countries are closing them everywhere in the US except NYC and LA because it's beginning to not make fiscal sense.

Moderators, sorry for getting off topic. I don't normally like to do this, but someone had to defend our city.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2019, 8:25 PM

Quote:
You're the one complaining; the rest of us are here to talk about projects being built in Philadelphia. The SLS is a fine project for the area and will serve the area nicely. The longer you keep holding onto the ACC, the more people like you will hold this city back.

By the way, closing consulates isn't just a Philly thing. Countries are closing them everywhere in the US except NYC and LA because it's beginning to not make fiscal sense.

Moderators, sorry for getting off topic. I don't normally like to do this, but someone had to defend our city.

Look take it the way you see it. If you think the city is still fine , great, nobody’s stopping you. I love the city and what it had to offer, even though I had to move for work related reasons. But the real point I was trying to make is that is that the city is awful for businesses. I was only using the ACC as a proxy for why Philadelphia is just a bad place to do business.

The SLS is nice and all, but I don’t know how long we should be waiting for other projects. Plus the city, slowly but surely is losing ground to other cities like Phoenix, San Antonio, Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Jose, and smaller cities like Atlanta and Miami metro wise not only in population, but in economic terms as well.

I’ve been on this site many times and have supported Philadelphia through but I’m not blind about what can happen if the city doesn’t change its way of doing business and it’s tax structure. Blind loyalty isn’t going to save this no matter how many times the Eagles win the Super Bowl and the Sixers start going on a championship streak like Golden State is currently doing. Just ask Pittsburgh.

And if consulates don’t mean a damn thing, you idiot, then how in the hell does Miami has 30 consulates and Atlanta have about 26 while Philadelphia has only 3?In the 1990s, Miami was a beach city full of Cubans and Jews and Atlanta was a state capital with an major airline hub and a major education center. Philadelphia at the time had the better economy than both of those cities and now it looks like those two cities won’t just surpass Philadelphia in population when you consider their metros, but the local economies are getting stronger every year.

I’d rather be peesimistic about something I don’t like than be a fake and phony about something which deep down I don’t feel it’s going to help Philly in the long run. Heck, the soda tax is bad enough and I don’t even drink soda like that but like I said, when 2020 comes, Philadelphia is going to have to bite the bullet over places like Phoenix, San Antonio, and possibly Dallas and San Diego surpasses because our growth rate is too low to sustain our ranking, and eventually, those economies will improve down the line while Philadelphia continues to be clueless about how to attract and retain businesses and still be relevant in the global economy. Hey, if you think consulates are still unnecessary for Philadelphia, just ask Atlanta and Miami and tell them to lose consulates because we live in a digital age, you idiot!!! Just another reason why Philly keeps on slipping and I’m done!!!

Old Posted Mar 17, 2019, 3:30 AM

^^^^^ Philadelphia is what it is, rankings be damned. I guess it would be cool to be the 4th largest city in the nation, but its just a number, and I don't buy into the concept that cities need to be in competition with each other over a number. I want Philly to continue to change and become a better quality city, and if it can try to that, then rather it's 4th or 5th or 15th doesn't mean much to be me. Is Seattle a better city because it's ranking has climbed fast in the last 15 years? Many people who live there would say just the opposite, that it's gotten to be a much harder city to live in and enjoy.
BTW---one of the many functions of consulates is to serve a countries interests in a geographic area, so a consulate in Atlanta serves a very big area, not just the metro area. In Philly where we have NYC and DC a train ride away I'm assuming that most countries are content serving this area from those locations.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2019, 5:23 AM

Quote:
I’m done!!!
thank god

Old Posted Mar 18, 2019, 1:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
thank god
Haha.

That was a tough read.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2019, 1:25 PM

Quote:
Look take it the way you see it. If you think the city is still fine , great, nobody’s stopping you. I love the city and what it had to offer, even though I had to move for work related reasons. But the real point I was trying to make is that is that the city is awful for businesses. I was only using the ACC as a proxy for why Philadelphia is just a bad place to do business.

The SLS is nice and all, but I don’t know how long we should be waiting for other projects. Plus the city, slowly but surely is losing ground to other cities like Phoenix, San Antonio, Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Jose, and smaller cities like Atlanta and Miami metro wise not only in population, but in economic terms as well.

I’ve been on this site many times and have supported Philadelphia through but I’m not blind about what can happen if the city doesn’t change its way of doing business and it’s tax structure. Blind loyalty isn’t going to save this no matter how many times the Eagles win the Super Bowl and the Sixers start going on a championship streak like Golden State is currently doing. Just ask Pittsburgh.

And if consulates don’t mean a damn thing, you idiot, then how in the hell does Miami has 30 consulates and Atlanta have about 26 while Philadelphia has only 3?In the 1990s, Miami was a beach city full of Cubans and Jews and Atlanta was a state capital with an major airline hub and a major education center. Philadelphia at the time had the better economy than both of those cities and now it looks like those two cities won’t just surpass Philadelphia in population when you consider their metros, but the local economies are getting stronger every year.

I’d rather be peesimistic about something I don’t like than be a fake and phony about something which deep down I don’t feel it’s going to help Philly in the long run. Heck, the soda tax is bad enough and I don’t even drink soda like that but like I said, when 2020 comes, Philadelphia is going to have to bite the bullet over places like Phoenix, San Antonio, and possibly Dallas and San Diego surpasses because our growth rate is too low to sustain our ranking, and eventually, those economies will improve down the line while Philadelphia continues to be clueless about how to attract and retain businesses and still be relevant in the global economy. Hey, if you think consulates are still unnecessary for Philadelphia, just ask Atlanta and Miami and tell them to lose consulates because we live in a digital age, you idiot!!! Just another reason why Philly keeps on slipping and I’m done!!!
Your rantings just demonstrate -- repeatedly -- that you don't understand business, economics, or how anything works. Yes, our wonderful city does have some issues and warts, and our tax and regulatory environment needs work. But ACC is not a proxy for anything. And for the 1000th time, large corporate tenants don't relocate to a city because it builds a tall, shiny building. Interest from and commitments by such tenants allow such buildings to be built. Nor do your comparison to cities that are are mostly cow fields and sprawl for 600 miles make any sense. Bye.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2019, 2:17 AM

Some renderings without the SLS badging has been posted on Dranoff's website:

https://dranoffproperties.com/moving...e-of-the-arts/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive