HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Oct 31, 2019, 3:06 PM

Philadelphia 2025

Last edited by TK2001; Oct 31, 2019 at 4:49 PM.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2019, 4:03 PM

SLS and 1301 are a bit off. SLS would appear much taller than City Hall from this viewpoint, and 1301 has about 50’ on the PSFS building.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2019, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
SLS and 1301 are a bit off. SLS would appear much taller than City Hall from this viewpoint, and 1301 has about 50’ on the PSFS building.
City Hall is 548 feet, SLS/Arthaus is 528 feet. And with 1301 Market I was looking at a rendering of the tower being shorter, but I can change it

Old Posted Oct 31, 2019, 4:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001 View Post
City Hall is 548 feet, SLS/Arthaus is 528 feet. And with 1301 Market I was looking at a rendering of the tower being shorter, but I can change it
Yes, but in this picture 1 LP looks taller than Comcast I.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2019, 3:09 PM
BANNED

Is there some renewed interest in 1301 Market that has caused this thread bump? Last I heard this thing was dead.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2019, 5:24 PM
Midrise

Thread was bumped by a theoretical Philly 2025 photo-illustration posted by TK2001

Old Posted Nov 3, 2019, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
Is there some renewed interest in 1301 Market that has caused this thread bump? Last I heard this thing was dead.
It’s not entirely dead. Summers linked an article in either this thread or the Highrise thread that said that they’re still actively searching for tenants.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2019, 1:48 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
Thread was bumped by a theoretical Philly 2025 photo-illustration posted by TK2001
Yes, I know, that's why I'm asking - why did he include it in that photo when it is dead?
I hope it's not, obviously, but it was supposed to be opened Q1 2020, and there has been zero progress on it.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2019, 3:05 AM

He says it's not dead?

Well if this project isn't dead yet, it will be soon. It's very ill. It'll be stone dead in a moment.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2019, 3:29 AM
Philly Rising Up!

it's a kind of "I'll kill you dead" project.

Seriously, the project has never started so it can't be dead unless it was alive. It's looking for life at the moment. According to the developer who owns the lot, they are actively looking for a single large tenant to start the project.

There's lots of developments going on from City Hall to Old City on Market St the last few years and some new things are in the works. In other words, lots of developmental momentum. I wouldn't be surprised if the pitch and tone has changed as a result of this and that the developer is using this as its main selling point for 1301 Market to prospective tenants.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2019, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
why did he include it in that photo when it is dead?
1. I knew it's an upcoming project and it'll have a big impact on the skyline

2. Because I can

It might not seem like a lot of work, but when you're drawing on a 6 inch screen with your fingertips it's a lot. I always want to include as many projects as I can, I bet you didn't even notice 2222 Market

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 2:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
it's a kind of "I'll kill you dead" project.

Seriously, the project has never started so it can't be dead unless it was alive. It's looking for life at the moment. According to the developer who owns the lot, they are actively looking for a single large tenant to start the project.
Are you're sure the developer owns the land and doesn't have some type of purchase agreement? They must have very deep pockets to have recently bought the land and just be seating on it.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 2:46 AM

I will never understand the hang wringing about whether or not projects like this are dead. This project was never really alive in the sense that there was never a date when they anticipated starting construction. This project was born into a state of stasis. They very clearly said they'll need to get a major tenant or two on board before they'd start building. So nothing has really changed since the moment they've announced. They're still just looking for a tenant.

If you don't think they'll find a tenant now, why did you assume they would the day they announced? This project is as dead today as it was the day it was announced.

By the same token, if they find a company that wants locate here, the project would still move forward, so how do you call this proposal dead?

It's not dead, it's not alive. It's just a waiting game and there's not really any reason to think that this project becomes any less likely as time goes on.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 3:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
I will never understand the hang wringing about whether or not projects like this are dead. This project was never really alive in the sense that there was never a date when they anticipated starting construction. This project was born into a state of stasis. They very clearly said they'll need to get a major tenant or two on board before they'd start building. So nothing has really changed since the moment they've announced. They're still just looking for a tenant.

If you don't think they'll find a tenant now, why did you assume they would the day they announced? This project is as dead today as it was the day it was announced.

By the same token, if they find a company that wants locate here, the project would still move forward, so how do you call this proposal dead?

It's not dead, it's not alive. It's just a waiting game and there's not really any reason to think that this project becomes any less likely as time goes on.
It's not dead, it's not alive kind of sounds like Schrodinger's cat but how long was FMC tower purposed before it became a reality . Thirteen 01 has a great potential for an office tower very well connected to all transportation modes .Thinking law firms and local , state , and Federal offices leasing space .

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 3:04 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
Are you're sure the developer owns the land and doesn't have some type of purchase agreement? They must have very deep pockets to have recently bought the land and just be seating on it.
I thought they were under contract to buy the land and close around 2017 or 18. But, maybe it fell through and it is still in the hands of Sam Rappaport. Anyone know how to check who owns it and is paying taxes on the land?

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 3:29 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
I thought they were under contract to buy the land and close around 2017 or 18. But, maybe it fell through and it is still in the hands of Sam Rappaport. Anyone know how to check who owns it and is paying taxes on the land?
Let me atlas that for you. ;-)

https://atlas.phila.gov/#/1301%20MARKET%20ST/property

OPA Account # 885754640
OPA Address 1301-05 MARKET ST
Owners RAPPAPORT SAMUEL
Assessed Value $4,353,900
Sale Date 04/29/1971
Sale Price $1

So looks like Sam's estate still owns it.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 3:54 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
Cool. Thanks. So, since the developer is actively looking...it makes sense that there's a purchase agreement contingent on finding a sizeable tenant to develop the project.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2020, 1:05 PM

Article is behind a paywall, but essentially says that the developer is making a renewed push to get this thing built. I for one thought this was dead. It might die yet, but it's good to see they haven't quite given up on it at this point. Some modifications to it - by my count, they've reduced the height from 38 to 32 floors, for example.

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...hose%20efforts.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2020, 1:29 PM

I'm glad this one is back in the news, Philly would look great with more 500 footers. That's why I'm pleased with Arthaus and Laurel, CANNOT wait for the red Schuylkill Yards tower

Old Posted Jun 22, 2020, 1:43 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
FYI...Article said could be as high as 30 stories. This thing is no where near 500 ft. It would be nice to get something over 500ft but that's highly unlikely.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals