HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 4:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doady View Post
I also have a free account on Flickr. Can you see my photos?
I can see Mousquet’s photos now...and yours as well. That first one of trees in Mississauga is GORGEOUS!

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 5:43 AM

Quote:
Flickr policy requires...
Voilà. I guess you guys can see it all now. Thank you for letting me know about my mistake.

I didn't want it to be tedious to me, but it eventually was as hell.
I had to edit all posts, but left my commentary untouched because that was how I felt on that day, and I think comments add a bit of rhythm and life to pictures.

Yes, I can see your photos.
All these, whether you'd find them good or bad are the property of pss-archi.eu, not mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetscaper View Post
Nice showing! Thanks!
You're welcome. Anytime, dude.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 9:19 AM

Some good street shots here.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbao58 View Post
I can see Mousquet’s photos now...and yours as well. That first one of trees in Mississauga is GORGEOUS!
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
Voilà. I guess you guys can see it all now. Thank you for letting me know about my mistake.

I didn't want it to be tedious to me, but it eventually was as hell.
I had to edit all posts, but left my commentary untouched because that was how I felt on that day, and I think comments add a bit of rhythm and life to pictures.

Yes, I can see your photos.
All these, whether you'd find them good or bad are the property of pss-archi.eu, not mine.
bilbao58 said he could see them even before your edits, but I still couldn't but I can now, which makes me happy because Paris is such a beautiful city. But I'm confused. Why are the photos not your property? You shouldn't give up the rights to your photos. I think you will be more motivated to learn and photograph if you do it for yourself instead of for someone else.

I am kinda new to photography too, I bought my first camera ever only 15 years ago. I just bought a new one a few months ago that I am still learning.

I noticed a lot of your photos dominated by shadows. Very harsh lighting due lack of clouds. Maybe you should try photographing more with the sun instead of against the sun, or wait for cloudy day. If you want sun, maybe wait for partly cloudly sky for less harsh light.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2020, 5:08 AM

Quote:
Why are the photos not your property? You shouldn't give up the rights to your photos. I think you will be more motivated to learn and photograph if you do it for yourself instead of for someone else.
The French architecture site needs some support for server administration. It's an useful site and some people have been involved for years and years without making any money of it, so I think it's worth helping them a little bit, if possible.

Quote:
I noticed a lot of your photos dominated by shadows. Very harsh lighting due lack of clouds. Maybe you should try photographing more with the sun instead of against the sun, or wait for cloudy day. If you want sun, maybe wait for partly cloudly sky for less harsh light.
Yeah, that's why I doubt any picture in this thread would ever make a penny anyway. It feels like some pics are both underexposed and overexposed, that is confusing indeed.
It probably could be corrected by raster graphics editors like Photoshop or GIMP, but it will take time for me to learn how to use these things.

Thanks a lot for your comments, by the way. They're very helpful to me. I guess I'll have to pay more attention to the sun orientation next time.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2020, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that's why I doubt any picture in this thread would ever make a penny anyway. It feels like some pics are both underexposed and overexposed, that is confusing indeed.
It probably could be corrected by raster graphics editors like Photoshop or GIMP, but it will take time for me to learn how to use these things.
I've never made a penny from my photos either. Hopefully there is different value to my photographs, but I don't expect much.

I always shoot RAW to give more latitude for adjustment on the computer. And of course certain weather and lighting conditions can give more room for mistakes as well. It is hard to get it perfect right away but you don't have to.

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your comments, by the way. They're very helpful to me. I guess I'll have to pay more attention to the sun orientation next time.
It's no problem. Another thing I have to say about the sun is don't put it directly in the frame like in this picture. This is very important because direct sun can damage the camera's sensor, so be careful.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 7:58 PM

Great photos, Mousquet, keep going! You have the ultimate muse at your disposal

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos