HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 3:26 AM

just got back from a few days tagging along with my husband, in town for a conference. your city has impressed me - the quality of urbanism, the pedestrian activity, the general expanse of it all. i hate to say it but i think nashville has a better urban core than my own town does, at least downtown, if not downtown+midtown both. loved the riverfront as well, we stayed in the banner lofts off 3rd and found ourselves walking down to the grassy areas along the river multiple times a day with our 3 pups. we'll be back with some friends and no dogs soon to explore more.

some pics shot on an iphone 13:

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 11:49 AM

From you profile it looks as if you are from Atlanta. High marks and thank you. We still have a long way to go. We don't have the height that Atlanta does and the connectivity between downtown and midtown is a little less desirable than I like to see.
The best place to get from DT to MT is along Division Street where the bridge goes over the interstate vs where you actually have to cross the intestate ramps by foot. I live here and dislike doing that myself.

The pedestrian activity is off the charts for a city the size of Nashville due to the tourism factor. In Vegas and NoLa it is either the strip or Bourbon Street at night. Here it is throughout downtown and midtown day and night as there are several districts, and more are on the way with the creation of Nashville Yards, Neuhoff District in Germantown, and whatever happens on the East Bank. That is a wild card because there is so much land to be developed there, it will be like a whole new city.

Glad you enjoyed your time here. Lots of nooks and crannies to explore.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2022, 5:16 AM

It’s been quiet here but the momentum continues in Nashville.

Albion Residential Unveils 832-Unit Dual Tower Development In Midtown Nashville

Quote:
Chicago-based developer Albion Residential has just announced Albion Music Row, a dual tower mixed-use development in Midtown Nashville. The project is situated between Demonbreun & McGavock Street and will replace the Beaman Automotive administration building and service lot.

“We are extremely enthusiastic about our vision for Albion Music Row and its potential to deliver more than 830 units and act as an activated residential hub for a redevelopment district primed to become Nashville’s next great urban neighborhood,” said Andrew Yule, Vice President of Development at Albion Residential. “Central to our design is public plaza between our towers featuring approximately 25,000 sf of multi-purpose green space. We envision afternoon concerts and programming that engages residents and the neighborhood as well as just the ability to grab a coffee in our retail space and enjoy a nice sunny day.”

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations