HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 5, 2020, 1:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
This is very cool. Did you create this? Did you use a website or software?
No, as I mentioned above this render is done by steveve (Stephen Velasco). Not sure what software he uses but check out his website via the link below. Tons of great stuff.

https://www.stephenvelasco.com/

I do scribble some future skylines in Photoshop like this one below.

Bloor/Yorkville to the lake - scroll to the right

LARGE VERSION: http://upside-down.ca/futuretoronto/July-2020-pano.jpg

Old Posted Sep 5, 2020, 10:47 PM

Nobu Hotel Toronto - 514 ft / 156.66 metres X 2, 45 storeys - u/c

Some renders and an absolutely nutty construction site. Brought to you by Chef Nobu Matsuhisa, and Academy Award winner Robert De Niro.

UT

Red Mars

UT

Old Posted Sep 6, 2020, 6:14 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

That rooftop amenity deck looks amazing.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Sep 8, 2020, 11:38 AM

700 University Avenue - 61-storey, 531-unit rental tower, Office, Public Space, Rental, Residential, Retail -proposed
Designed by KPMB for KingSett

UT courtesy of KingSett

UT courtesy of KingSett

Roof-top addition to existing office building

UT courtesy of KingSett

The triangular footprint of the tower which sticks to the grid on the south face and angles away on the east face to favour the curves of Queens Park Circle (and the OP office in front). This block is pretty spectacular already with the MaRS Discovery District (and the beautiful Toronto General Hospital reno seen below), the (subtle but surprising) Foster, the provincial legislature buildings etc. The jury’s out on whether the massive truncated pyramids of the Schwartz Reisman Innovation Centre (u/c) will fit in rather than overwhelm the area.

LINK

Schwartz Reisman

LINK

Some more CIBC Square diamonds - the many curtainwall moods, all one shot:

mburrrrr

The (neutral light) sapphire blue with clouds

michael62

The One u/c 1,013 ft / 308.60 m
Sam finally got his above-grade permit and structural steel may begin to rise this week.

UT

SkyTower - 1,025 ft / 312.50 m
Site shoring well underway (bottom right). Phase one condo rising (centre).

UT

New Render of all 3 phases

UT

The Well (u/c) - 571 ft / 174.03 m, 516 ft / 157.27 m, 447 ft / 136.24 m, 267 ft / 81.38 m, 205 ft / 62.48 m, 205 ft / 62.48 m, 183 ft / 55.78 m

One of the largest construction sites on the continent popping into the skyline.

UT

2221 Yonge - u/c - 632 ft / 192.62 m - designed by Pei Partnership

Rising in the Yonge/Eglinton cluster north of downtown.

UT

UT

West Block (Loblaws) - 429 ft / 130.75 m, 393 ft / 119.78 m, 128 ft / 39.01 m

The beautiful ‘brick by brick’ (100,000 bricks) heritage rebuild of the 1928 Loblaw Groceterias building, caged by a lattice of street-car wires. Note: the condos behind are fortunately hidden from view at grade. ;-)

UT

UT

Last edited by Maldive; Sep 8, 2020 at 12:06 PM. Reason: pic added

Old Posted Sep 9, 2020, 4:15 PM

18,000 new views since I started posting updates a month ago, and not a single comment. I've heard ssp can be usa-centric, but help me out... I can't be banished to the (occassionally toxic) canuck forum.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2020, 4:47 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

I view this thread often, and participate regularly. Love how CIBC Square came out.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Old Posted Sep 9, 2020, 6:24 PM

^ You are being added to my Christmas card list

Old Posted Sep 10, 2020, 3:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
I view this thread often, and participate regularly. Love how CIBC Square came out.
I only recently discovered that you were updating this thread. I appreciate your work very much, even if I don’t have very much to add. (Edit: meant to be a response to Maldive.)

Last edited by The Macallan; Sep 10, 2020 at 1:54 PM.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2020, 3:02 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Ha! Agreed with The Macallan. Keep up the good work. Toronto is great to watch from afar, and hope to get back there some day soon.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2020, 4:54 PM

11 Bay -QuadReal, 270m/54s, HPA

This box was designed by HPA who gave us One Yonge Street. Not exactly their best work. And this is proposed on a waterfront site (Westin Conference Centre).

Link

Link

Link

Old Posted Sep 12, 2020, 10:24 PM

Render magician steve just plunked it in a southern slice of his future skyline.

orange

steveve

Old Posted Sep 14, 2020, 2:47 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

I actually like the setbacks, and the terraces on the base. This one doesn't bother me at all.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2020, 5:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
I actually like the setbacks, and the terraces on the base. This one doesn't bother me at all.
Since steve dropped it into his waterfront render above, I'm coming around to it a bit.

That render really reminds me how the classic financial district waterfront view (largely obscured already by Southcore talls) will be toast eventually: The Hub, 11 Bay, 3 towers of One Yonge Street (+ large office component) and 5 towers of Sugar Wharf just east of SkyTower etc... will need a helicopter, drone or jet-pack to see King and Bay from the water.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2020, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldive View Post
11 Bay -QuadReal, 270m/54s, HPA

This box was designed by HPA who gave us One Yonge Street. Not exactly their best work. And this is proposed on a waterfront site (Westin Conference Centre).
I think it looks great. Love it.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2020, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
I think it looks great. Love it.
Higher res from UrbanToronto.

UT

Bridge to WaterPark Place (PATH network).

UT

Old Posted Sep 15, 2020, 10:49 AM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by the north one View Post
i think it looks great. Love it.
+1

Old Posted Sep 15, 2020, 2:06 PM

What is the sentiment, if any, about the prospects for future projects at this time ? Read an interview this week in which Mayor Tory was shaken about how dead central Toronto is.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2020, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
What is the sentiment, if any, about the prospects for future projects at this time ? Read an interview this week in which Mayor Tory was shaken about how dead central Toronto is.
Not sure what the Mayor was talking about (unless he is referring to a homicides up-tick ;-). 100 active construction cranes and a COVID-defying surge of huge new proposals the past few months. And a 2% vacancy rate in the commercial/office sector despite WFH real estate worries (mind you much of that floor space will likely be poorly attended for a while yet).

Old Posted Sep 15, 2020, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldive View Post
Not sure what the Mayor was talking about (unless he is referring to a homicides up-tick ;-). 100 active construction cranes and a COVID-defying surge of huge new proposals the past few months. And a 2% vacancy rate in the commercial/office sector despite WFH real estate worries (mind you much of that floor space will likely be poorly attended for a while yet).
I gather he was talking about dead streets in the form of closed shops and restaurants. The continuing boom is stupefying, since this economic contraction may be worse than 2007-08 by an order of magnitude. As a skyscraper buff, I’m glad to see it. Still ...

Old Posted Sep 15, 2020, 5:56 PM
Intergalactic Barfly

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Video Link

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations