HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Oct 14, 2022, 8:07 PM

Montessa (NW 20th and Pettygrove)

Old Posted Oct 14, 2022, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan View Post
I think these are the two developments being referenced in the comment.
Yes, they are. Based on the permitting activity, it looks like it won't be long before the Slabtown Savier apartments are under construction as well.

God only knows what's happening with the park though.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Oct 14, 2022, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Yes, they are. Based on the permitting activity, it looks like it won't be long before the Slabtown Savier apartments are under construction as well.
Is that the block over by the church that's split into two buildings?

Old Posted Oct 14, 2022, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
God only knows what's happening with the park though.
I was just sleuthing around at Portland Parks and Rec webpage to see if I could find anything and I didn't. The one thing I found is:

Does anyone know if this 20-year PP&R infrastructure master plan has been complete and where to find the document? Or even the process for creating the document? I haven't seen any outreach to help develop this plan.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 1:38 AM

Conway Block 291 E. 192 units.

And Block 290 W. 200 units.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2023, 11:53 PM

https://www.portlandmaps.com/detail/...O/4889067_did/

I believe this was originally to be town homes.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 2:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopdx View Post
https://www.portlandmaps.com/detail/...O/4889067_did/

I believe this was originally to be town homes.
Only rendering I've seen of this project:

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 7:11 PM

I can't say I understand the economics of a 10-unit development on a 100' x 100' site zoned CM3 in Slabtown.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 7:42 PM

It will be right next door to this -

https://www.portlandmaps.com/detail/...R/4884189_did/

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 1:56 PM

Surprised I don't see these mentioned given how far along construction is... Drove by yesterday and 1988 NW Savier is now under excavation (permit approved last week) and 1985 NW Savier is already a few stories above ground.

So active construction on-going at 4 slabtown buildings at the moment.

I can't easily find what each building is going to be. Is there some easy to find location for the slabtown master plan (with blocks noted; 291E, etc)? I can usually find it with a bit of digging.

So once all 4 buildings are complete, is that it for Slabtown (at least primary developments)? Aside from the park.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 2:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPDX View Post
So once all 4 buildings are complete, is that it for Slabtown (at least primary developments)? Aside from the park.
Renderings of "Slabtown Savier" found here.

There are a few blocks remaining for development, including Block 16 (nothing proposed yet), and Block 292E, which had a Pre-App Conference in 2019 for a "6 story market rate senior apartment building with 186 residential units and basement parking. Stormwater disposal will occur through drywells in the pedestrian way.", but nothing has transpired since.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 4:08 PM

Took a picture when I was passing by about a week ago. This is looking NW, at the corner of the future park. It's going to be a really nice urban space when the park eventually goes in.

https://ibb.co/g93crqH

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxsg34 View Post
Renderings of "Slabtown Savier" found here.

There are a few blocks remaining for development, including Block 16 (nothing proposed yet), and Block 292E, which had a Pre-App Conference in 2019 for a "6 story market rate senior apartment building with 186 residential units and basement parking. Stormwater disposal will occur through drywells in the pedestrian way.", but nothing has transpired since.
What is being discussed at the 2169 NW Thurman site? EA discusses vacating 21st and Upshur up to 22nd. Are they trying to develop that whole block? Per Portland Maps it only highlights the (surface lot) property that fronts 22nd. Not clear why 21st Ave is even mentioned unless the goal is to raze that existing building and develop the entire lot between 21st and 22nd. The building that fronts 21st appears to be an active business, and even had internal mods as of last year (permits completed).

Actually what is interesting now that I look further, if you click on that specific EA request it highlights 2 adjacent properties: the surface lot address in question, the existing building lot, and the triangular lot east of 21st and bordering 30. But the EA request doesn't show up for either of the other 2 blocks even though it affects those parcels.

Is this EA request looking to be a future expansion of the original conway master plan block limits? I don't see any recent property sales for the other 2 parcels, so it's not obvious that specific owner is looking to leave.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 4:40 PM
Registered Ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakz View Post
Took a picture when I was passing by about a week ago. This is looking NW, at the corner of the future park. It's going to be a really nice urban space when the park eventually goes in.

https://ibb.co/g93crqH
In a world of ubiquitous, terrible architectural panels, I appreciate the façade treatments on the buildings in this development.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 4:42 PM
BANNED

We should have utilized height in this area

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 9:37 PM

Location: Portland (part-time); warm foreign countries (part-time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinWarrick View Post
Please scroll back to earlier discussions of the Conway Master Plan which came out of a long planning effort of NW Portland neighbors and the NWDA. The Conway blocks were envisioned to become an integral part of the established neighborhood. Though you would like skyscrapers in every neighborhood, NW neighbors wanted a more human scale and access to sunlight. It was not to be like the north Pearl District where the City allowed big FARs.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinWarrick View Post
I agree.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2023, 5:01 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMH View Post
Please scroll back to earlier discussions of the Conway Master Plan which came out of a long planning effort of NW Portland neighbors and the NWDA. The Conway blocks were envisioned to become an integral part of the established neighborhood. Though you would like skyscrapers in every neighborhood, NW neighbors wanted a more human scale and access to sunlight. It was not to be like the north Pearl District where the City allowed big FARs.
I do wonder if we will see any more taller buildings closer to Hwy 30, since that is where the height limits are a bit higher. But in general, I am really loving the heights of the buildings that are going up there because it's creating a great European urban feel.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2023, 5:25 PM

One of the last remaining parcels in 292E. 292W is already developed. There was an inquiry to transfer FAR from 292W to 292E. The inquiry was a couple years ago.

Could this signify a bit more height for a future project?

Old Posted Apr 18, 2023, 5:31 PM

I especially like how the Slabtown area is providing a link from the 23rd/21st area to the Pearl District. It's a great walking area and if the weather becomes nasty one can always run into REI and steal a parka or two.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland