HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 26, 2017, 8:32 AM

Go to youtube.com and type in "Denver 4k". If you got a 4k monitor it is a lot of fun.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2017, 7:02 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Stapleton will get a new school, a bridge span and a fire station through complex financial deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Post
Denver Public Schools will pay for construction of a Northfield fire station — at least initially — as part of a complex Stapleton financing agreement that also will provide a new elementary school, a bridge and open space.

. . .

Officials from the city, DPS, master developer Forest City Stapleton, the Denver Urban Renewal Authority and the Park Creek Metropolitan District portray the agreement as an everybody-gives, everybody-benefits arrangement. The five-party agreement consists of about a dozen documents — including four that await Denver City Council approval on April 10 — that concern projects worth nearly $74 million.

. . .

They will address some pressing problems: Elementary-age enrollment has skyrocketed as the new neighborhood was built over the last 16 years, and the Denver Fire Department’s thin coverage north of Interstate 70 means response times in the Northfield area are nowhere near DFD’s 4-minute goal.

. . .

The deal’s major focus is on Section 10, the final part of Stapleton’s Northfield housing developments to break ground. That section spans between East 56th and 64th avenues and Central Park Boulevard and Havana Street.

Essentially, the agreement shifts borrowing and repayment responsibilities around, as was done for some previous Stapleton public projects, because of the way that DURA’s tax-increment debt is structured from past projects.

Tax-increment financing (TIF) set up for Stapleton captures the growing portion of sales and property tax proceeds that are attributable to growth and development in the area, to be used to pay for eligible projects. More than 23,000 residents, along with 10 million square feet of commercial development, now occupy the former airport land, the city says.

Ultimately, that set-aside tax revenue will pay for the Stapleton area’s sixth elementary school, the new fire station and a second bridge span on Central Park Boulevard over Sand Creek (south of I-70). It also will pay indirectly for most of the grading and drainage improvements that are underway in Section 10.

For all but the bridge, DPS — which needs drainage improvements and reliable fire coverage for the school — will issue debt in the form of certificates of participation to cover the costs. TIF money will pass through various channels to repay DPS by 2025.

Separately, Forest City plans to collect $12.5 million in homebuilder fees on Section 10 home sites. That money will cover the establishment of open space.

"Of course you're right." Cirrus

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 1:41 AM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Greystar Speer Boulevard crane is up!

Greystar Speer Boulevard

...And will eventually have two cranes.

I'm so happy spring is here, and gloomy rainy days are back!

Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 3:12 PM

Core samples?

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 5:11 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

It appears to be so. Hmmm.
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 6:08 PM

^ Interesting pic of the core sampling rig-that site could host a new tallest.

Btw great pics too Ryan!! Those trees are leafing out and blooming too soon!!

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 6:09 PM

It's a pretty sure bet that someone's thinking of building something here. Has block 162 some core samples yet?

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleScott View Post
^ Interesting pic of the core sampling rig-that site could host a new tallest.

Btw great pics too Ryan!! Those trees are leafing out and blooming too soon!!
What is it about the rig that makes you think it could be a new tallest?

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 6:49 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
It's a pretty sure bet that someone's thinking of building something here. Has block 162 some core samples yet?
IIRC, Block 162 had core samples taken months ago initially and as recently as in January.

Barring a major hiccup in the market, I'm betting that Block 162 will be breaking ground in Q4 17/Q1 18.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 6:59 PM

While we are on the topic of speculation.....

Has anyone heard of a condo project at the corner of 19th and Arapahoe? Possibly where the Greyhound bus station is at.......

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 7:03 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Damn double post.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 7:47 PM

Quote:
What is it about the rig that makes you think it could be a new tallest?
Because that's a rather small site (if I recall its smaller than a 3rd of a block) and if someone was to build a mixed use office/hotel/residential then it could very likely go very tall-it wasn't about the rig-although thats a good sign that the developer wants to build something there soon.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 7:53 PM

Interesting observation, CS. Thanks!

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 7:56 PM

^ Your welcome bro-oh btw the zoning allows for something very tall there-1000 ft maybe..

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Core samples?
Parcel is under contract per their website.

http://www.paradiselandcompany.com/california.html

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
^ Your welcome bro-oh btw the zoning allows for something very tall there-1000 ft maybe..

I don't know -- the link provided says that maximum build out would be 425,663 sq. ft. with a far of 17:1 - not tall at all even if you throw in 6/8 stories of parking. Not sure how you're ever going to have an affordable (or even somewhat affordable) city to live in with FARs like those in the core.

Last edited by CPVLIVE; Mar 28, 2017 at 2:35 AM.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 1:05 AM

Quote:
Core samples?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keesy9 View Post
Parcel is under contract per their website.

http://www.paradiselandcompany.com/california.html
Looks like I picked the right day to start sniffing glue---I mean, start following skyscraperpage. Oh, the things I've imagined for this forlorn patch of asphalt. Same for the one just up the street.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 2:55 AM

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 3:42 AM

^ Awesome pics Matt!!

Quote:
I don't know -- the link provided says that maximum build out would be 425,663 sq. ft. with a far of 17:1 - not tall at all even if you throw in 6/8 stories of parking. Not sure how you're ever going to have an affordable (or even somewhat affordable) city to live in with FARs like those in the core.
Yeah your right 425,663 isn't all that much for a supertall and its kinda sad that another wasted opportunity could be at hand although its good another parking lot could be on its way out (I think I could count on one hand the surface parking lots that zoning allows a possible supertall on-other than that you would have to demo something historically significant which would lead to bigtime legal challenges).

As for a new Denver tallest-my gut feeling is that it might not be much over 800 or 850 mostly because of what the market dictates (Denver getting a 1000 footer is about as much a given as Sacramento getting a Ford or General Motors high-tech electric car/light truck plant-yes Sacramento and the state is courting Ford, GM and even Chrysler with big $$$ insentives although I believe that those plants are likely to go to sites near the new Tesla plant near Reno NV).

Quote:
Looks like I picked the right day to start sniffing glue---I mean, start following skyscraperpage. Oh, the things I've imagined for this forlorn patch of asphalt. Same for the one just up the street.
Yes I think the site your talking about is where the old Kenmark Hotel once stood just across the ally from the Denver Club Building...

Last edited by CastleScott; Mar 28, 2017 at 6:21 AM.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 3:50 AM

Quote:
Quote:
^ Awesome pics Matt!!

Yeah your right 425,663 isn't all that much for a supertall and its kinda sad that another wasted opportunity could be at hand although its good another parking lot could be on its way out (I think I could count on one hand the surface parking lots that zoning allows a possible supertall on-other than that you would have to demo something historically significant which would lead to bigtime legal challenges).

As for a new Denver tallest-my gut feeling is that it might not be much over 800 or 850 mostly because of what the market dictates (Denver getting a 1000 footer is about as much a given as Sacramento getting a Ford or General Motors high-tech electric car/light truck plant-yes Sacramento and the state is courting Ford, GM and even Chrysler with big $$$ insentives although I believe that those plants are likely to go to sites near the new Tesla plant near Reno NV).

Yes I think the site your talking about is where the old Kenmark Hotel one stood just across the ally from the Denver Club Building...
It mentioned a 25,000 sq ft site, meaning they could use the entire site and only go 17 stories plus any parking.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West