HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 6:07 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbssfelix View Post
Slight tangent here:

What's everyone's thoughts on creating a separate section just for Denver projects (aka like Austin: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=446). Tracking all these projects on one stream is kind of a pain.

And if y'all agree, what's the process to do so?
Nope. The one stop shop for Denver is the way to go given the limited amount of traffic that we have. Plus we have DenverInfill for tracking.

If we were to go a city-dedicated subforum for Denver it would end up being pretty dead with just a few forumers (TakeFive) talking to themselves on threads with five posts.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Last edited by wong21fr; Jan 16, 2020 at 6:19 PM.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Nope. The one stop shop for Denver is the way to go given the limited amount of traffic that we have. Plus we have DenverInfill for tracking.

If we were to go a city-dedicated subforum for Denver it would end up being pretty dead with just a few forumers (TakeFive) talking to themselves on threads with five posts.
Yup, the Front Range thread is fairly lonely but I always stand in front of a mirror when I talk to myself. I only occasionally post there to provide a Bigger Picture view.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 8:17 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverInfill View Post
I was just at the Marriott site this morning. A portion of the parking lot is closed with a Mortenson truck there doing some drilling work or something, however, the rest of lot was open (but with, oddly, very few cars parked in it). I don't think we are at the final parking lot-closure moment... yet.
Yep I just saw that too. Looks like some sewer work has begun but nothing earth shattering yet. X Denver 3 is in the same phase except with a fence around the lot and some small loaders.

Here are my notes Ich:

Also, any updates on the following projects?
16th and Cali Hotel - Still proposed

Uptown Hotel - Construction permit filed but it has stalled somewhere

Jefferson Park twin tower project - Construction permit filed but stalled as well

Greystar at Park Ave and Welton - Construction permit filed, fence around the lot

Apartment tower on market and Speer - Still going through design review. Got declined for the 3rd time on massing.

Kenect - Construction permit filed. I think they are waiting for PBS to finish since they are staging materials on the Kenect lot. Still staging as I just walked past it.
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 8:20 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
Kenect - Construction permit filed. I think they are waiting for PBS to finish since they are staging materials on the Kenect lot. Still staging as I just walked past it.
Get back to work.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Yup, the Front Range thread is fairly lonely but I always stand in front of a mirror when I talk to myself. I only occasionally post there to provide a Bigger Picture view.
Thanks man-I like to check out stuff along the front range-good to keep this in the lime light.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Per BusinessDen, a great repurposing of the old University building at 910 16th St (also fronting the 16th Street Mall).
Thanks CherryCreek, this will be a great project-love that building btw!

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 8:29 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Greystar at Park Ave and Welton - Construction permit filed, fence around the lot
This one is weird. They have had all permits in place for over a quarter and there's been zero activity. I assume that it's a staging issue and that Greystar wants to wrap up construction on either the Pullman or Parq before moving on to another project.

Though between this one, X3, and Kenect it will be an exciting 2020 for Arapahoe Square.

A couple of others to look out for will be Nichols Partnership's One Platte Street and 1480 Wewatta Street. One Platte Street is going gung ho on permitting, but 1480 Wewatta seems to have stalled out hard.

Last edited by wong21fr; Jan 16, 2020 at 8:51 PM.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Though between this one, X3, and Kenect it will be an exciting 2020 for Arapahoe Square.
For sure man-this is the jump start that Arapahoe Square needs.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 9:32 PM

Speaking of hotels, the 18 Story Office/Hotel Project at the Bellevue Station seems to be progressing.

The fleabagish Economy Inn that was there has closed and now the entire block is fenced off. Demolition looks imminent. Haven't seen any plans yet.

Story on hotel:

https://businessden.com/2019/09/09/h...ce-than-rooms/

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 9:40 PM

Quote:
Yep I just saw that too. Looks like some sewer work has begun but nothing earth shattering yet. X Denver 3 is in the same phase except with a fence around the lot and some small loaders.

Here are my notes Ich:

Also, any updates on the following projects?
16th and Cali Hotel - Still proposed

Uptown Hotel - Construction permit filed but it has stalled somewhere

Jefferson Park twin tower project - Construction permit filed but stalled as well

Apartment tower on market and Speer - Still going through design review. Got declined for the 3rd time on massing.

Awesome, thanks for the updates!

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 9:57 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
Speaking of hotels, the 18 Story Office/Hotel Project at the Bellevue Station seems to be progressing.

The fleabagish Economy Inn that was there has closed and now the entire block is fenced off. Demolition looks imminent. Haven't seen any plans yet.

Story on hotel:

https://businessden.com/2019/09/09/h...ce-than-rooms/
Speaking of this one- according to the development review files this project has a phase two with a second, 20 story, tower with another hotel and residential units above that. Both towers would share three levels of underground parking.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Speaking of this one- according to the development review files this project has a phase two with a second, 20 story, tower with another hotel and residential units above that. Both towers would share three levels of underground parking.
I really wish that Belleview was able to land an entertainment venue - the fact that both Comedy Works and Landmark Theater are at Landmark kinda sucks, as that's not super walkable. There will be 6-9 blocks of downtown like density around the station, but there won't be much to do besides grabbing a dinner and a drink right after.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 1:27 AM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Quote:
Get back to work.

I... Uh...

WTC also has branding on the fence and they are picking away at the warehouse building.
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 2:16 AM

Quote:
WTC also has branding on the fence and they are picking away at the warehouse building.

Source

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 2:21 AM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Streetsblog is going advocacy group only: https://denverite.com/2020/01/16/str...zHW8Z1odhNE_Q4

"Of course you're right." Cirrus

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 6:52 PM

Quote:

ugh PBS get a move on, chop chop

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 7:48 PM

PBS is pretty close. A significant amount of the front facade is complete. Modera Golden Triangle needs to demolish the current Rocky Mountain PBS building in order to prepare for their massive two tower project. A lot of significant development seems to be waiting on their relocation.

In other news, it looked like soil sampling was going down on the Pepsi parking lot in RiNo. I believe Carmel is looking to build apartments there.

Last edited by SirLucasTheGreat; Jan 17, 2020 at 8:00 PM.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 10:59 PM

The body shop where the Cole Market project is scheduled to go has been vacated.

I take it to mean https://www.thecolemarket.com/ is likely right around the corner.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 11:22 PM

Modera Golden Triangle will be a rare-for-Denver twin tower project. Exciting to see GT continue to become more dense.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2020, 12:57 AM

What happened to the proposed zoning changes for GT? It would be great to get some point towers up in there.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West